Author Topic: Chinese Civil War  (Read 3473 times)

Offline Emperor Showa

• View Profile
Chinese Civil War
« on: 01-04-2009, 23:04:58 »
This was of course a key situation that did overlap the World War 2 and the Pacific war. So I ask, though it may still remain far off (the Pacific theater's introduction, I mean), will we see it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Civil_War

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

Re: Chinese Civil War
« Reply #1 on: 01-04-2009, 23:04:45 »
That will probably never happen, there are so many more important fronts to do first. It would be interesting but id rather see the eastern front, italy, early war ect. first.

azreal

« Reply #2 on: 01-04-2009, 23:04:30 »
Yea, I'd rather see the Ostfront, a complete Western Front, and the main battles of the Pacific front. Plus:

Full-scale fighting lasted from April 1927 to December 1936, and clashes from January 1941 resuming full conflict from August 1945 to May 1950; war declared over by the ROC in 1991; [1] no Peace Treaty has been signed between the two sides.

The only part that seems to overlap WWII would be small clashes in 1941 between Chinese. Sounds kinda boring to me.

Offline Emperor Showa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01-04-2009, 23:04:40 »
Yea, I'd rather see the Ostfront, a complete Western Front, and the main battles of the Pacific front. Plus:

Full-scale fighting lasted from April 1927 to December 1936, and clashes from January 1941 resuming full conflict from August 1945 to May 1950; war declared over by the ROC in 1991; [1] no Peace Treaty has been signed between the two sides.

The only part that seems to overlap WWII would be small clashes in 1941 between Chinese. Sounds kinda boring to me.

Well you do have the option of going up to the 1949 end too. The tech and era feeling was basically the same.

(I'll just state I'm not a fan of the Eastern Front because of how it often looks in games. Though don't get me wrong, I understand doing the actual WW2 things before any proxy situations or situations that were in the World War but less of a thing the mod teams wishes to focus on).

Offline Safe-Keeper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-04-2009, 03:04:32 »
China as a nation is something I've asked for before and still hope to see. I don't anticipate a scenario where the KMT fights the Communists, but a China vs. Japan map or two would be really nice to have. China is a 'forgotten front' amidst all the cliche maps like Omaha Beach, Stalingrad, Iwo Jima and whatnot, and I hope it's included when the time comes for the Pacific Theatre.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #5 on: 02-04-2009, 14:04:07 »
I reckon that a chinese/burmese theatre would be a good prelude to the pacific: Japanese ground forces done and released so the devs could concentrate on doing the navies for a quicker theatre development time.  Plus we would have chinese forces and brits/aus in jungle environments, which going by EoD2 are very fun (just not with omnicient bots).

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02-04-2009, 15:04:01 »
I would love to see the Chinese in FH one day, but I think it would be better to focus on battles where the Chinese faught the Japanese.

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04-04-2009, 03:04:22 »
I reckon that a chinese/burmese theatre would be a good prelude to the pacific: Japanese ground forces done and released so the devs could concentrate on doing the navies for a quicker theatre development time.  Plus we would have chinese forces and brits/aus in jungle environments, which going by EoD2 are very fun (just not with omnicient bots).

agree, maybe one fight that Chinese saved the ass of Brits in Burma. Many many Chinese died in Burma, so i think it's fair to put them in.

Civil war is not in WWII so i think no, the style is different, too, people would starrt begging for Spanish Civil War ...

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04-04-2009, 04:04:36 »
I would love to see the Chinese in FH one day, but I think it would be better to focus on battles where the Chinese faught the Japanese.

For the First time in history.. the Man called Lighting dindt crushed a Dream.

I would like to have Second Sino-Japanese war.. one of my "favourite battles" was fought there.. Shangai.

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #9 on: 04-04-2009, 11:04:13 »
If they're gonna include the Chinese Civil War they can add the Spanish Civil War as well.... You can better add a Chinese army fighting the Japanese.

Just finish the full West-Front including all the big Allied operations (Market Garden, Rhine Crosssing etc).
Then I would love to see FH 2's version of the USMC Pacific theather (as they have that flametrower allready ;D, *Thinks of Call of Duty 5* ) When there is time left the Eastern Front is next  :D
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #10 on: 04-04-2009, 11:04:55 »
Back in the FH2 forums I made a post with a list concerning the releases in following order. Natty and I agreed except on 1 thing.
Ah wait I remember something.
I somehow think Sicily 1943 is very possible for next release. Multiple reasons: we have all the things needed and Forgotten Honor just made a beautiful campaign including Italian statics.
Then also Blitzkrieg in Europe looks possible. Some vehicles are already reskinned in feldgrau, after that Ostfront, somewhere between Ardennes and after Pacific.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."