Author Topic: "Ban" limited kits in Armored Vehicles  (Read 5540 times)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: "Ban" limited kits in Armored Vehicles
« Reply #105 on: 19-01-2012, 21:01:54 »
Natty, let's not forget that (most) tanks are multi-crewable, thus you already CAN stay in your tank and keep fending off the enemy IF you have a dedicated hull gunner/top MG gunner/inf on your tank (or you are SL which allows you to spawn your squadmates) who happen to have a wrench. The solution to this problem, instead of adding some (magic) auto repairs (which can't be easilly stopped by the enemy) could be to provide more of your squad/teammates a place to sit on/in your tank.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 19-01-2012, 21:01:03 »
Yea, if you are dead and there is a friendly tank that has used the "request repair" command, you should see a wrench icon on him on the minimap... you dont do that currently, or? Can't remember...

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 19-01-2012, 22:01:07 »
Yea, if you are dead and there is a friendly tank that has used the "request repair" command, you should see a wrench icon on him on the minimap... you dont do that currently, or? Can't remember...

Hmm I don't think you do... Was it taken out along with the "Medic!" icon that used to be in BF2?
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 20-01-2012, 03:01:19 »
So tankers could actually fix broken tracks from inside the tank in the movies? Please enlighten me on this!

I'd imagine some certain damages could be fixed from inside, but certainly most "HP decreasing" damages are things that have to be fixed from outside (and maybe a guy or two inside).

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 20-01-2012, 08:01:54 »
we dont have broken tracks in FH2... Our tanks are made out of one, solid piece of plastic. Shoot anywhere on it, and its "hitpoints" are reduced. When it reaches zero, it is morphed in to a black piece of plastic.

the wrench can repair any damage caused on the plastic, just stroke it gently with the wrench on the tip of the barrel and you repair the engine, or hold it up infront of the rear parts to repair the front part. It's magic, so if would switch this to having the driver sit inside and will his tank back to factory-fresh state instead, would be exactly the same. Only difference being, he could do something in the meantime.

But honestly, I like wrenches. Ever since I bailed out of a panzer on battleaxe 1942 the first time to wand away the smoke and quickly get back in, I have liked this moment. It's exciting and stressing to feel vulnurable outside the tank.
« Last Edit: 20-01-2012, 08:01:33 by Natty »