Author Topic: FH2 Zombies beta release! (1-19-13)  (Read 16705 times)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 Zombies beta release! (1-19-13)
« Reply #30 on: 02-04-2013, 17:04:07 »
I still couldnt find the easteregg tank...  :-[ can I have a hint?

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 22-04-2013, 02:04:29 »
The thing that most i laughed at was the Matilda in Vossenack that popped molotovs in the air ;D
Excellent mod :D
*The most known bug i know is that Anctoville crashes, in a few minutes in game.
« Last Edit: 22-04-2013, 22:04:45 by Roughbeak »

Offline Lupin

• View Profile
    • Lurkerchan
« Reply #32 on: 27-04-2013, 10:04:49 »
Bump. Any chance to get Wake Island working for the new version of the zombie mod? I've heard it is complicated to get an old map into a new version of FH2.

I had to move my bf2 installation somewhere due to running out of space on my drives. The map shouldn't be too hard to convert, but no promise that I can actually get around to it.

Anyhow, I've been too busy lately and haven't been able to work on this. I also ran out of motivation as well.

So from this point on, I consider the mod "open-source" and anyone can continue to mod it and do whatever they want with it. I would recommend renaming it though, to distinguish it from my old version.

I still couldnt find the easteregg tank...  :-[ can I have a hint?

"Allied" main on goodwood. The northern one.

Quote from: Roughbeaklink=topic=18723.msg298371#msg298371 date=1366589009
The thing that most i laughed at was the Matilda in Vossenack that popped molotovs in the air ;D
Excellent mod :D
*The most known bug i know is that Anctoville crashes, in a few minutes in game.

Guess I should've tested ancto more. I didn't have a chance to test with multiple people.

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 27-04-2013, 16:04:52 »
Bloody hell I wish I could get this to work.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 28-04-2013, 13:04:19 »
My feedback/bug reports/suggestions:

Destroyed Zis-5 in France?

As you can see here, bots dont really get the vehicles out of the base, sometimes they dont even move. I suggest to remake all bot support since this bug is on all maps:

Bots dont go over to the south-west corner and dont cap it. The battle does not move. Also if you could give more ammo for the pistols:

Kit icons?:

Aghhh, flashlights, pleaaase!

Well, the skin is awesome, but one thing. if you could make the sides of the stars white, that would be much better:

Just like this:

Awesome Russian skin! One thing, if you could use the Italian helmet (the one the MG kit wears in Italy maps) instead of the US helmet, that would be much better:

Im a zombie, but I picked up an enfield LOL:

Flying AT gun:

Suggestions:

- Maybe make Eppeldorf 64 also for Russians? That would rock.
- Do you guys have a ModDB page just like NML did? I think if you could start one, that would catch more interest.
-Please remove the irritating sound that starts to play when the survivors got only 10 tickets.
- Enable spawning again on the map Escape from Crete
- You know Omnicide mod for BF2? Here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/omnicide
If you could cooperate with them...  Their 3p zombie animations are so cool, and some sounds etc... might be shared.

Cheers

Oh, and I found the easter egg tank, pretty cool  ;)
« Last Edit: 28-04-2013, 19:04:04 by Turkish007 »

Offline Roughbeak

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28-04-2013, 15:04:45 »
I think this is it, but i cannot enter it ???

A ZOMBIE LICENCED BEDFORD LICENCED RUSSIAN VEHICLE! ;D

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28-04-2013, 15:04:16 »
Well, you know, zombies cant drive.  ;D you have to become a survivor then hitch a ride to the zombie base  ;D

Zombie sniper lol  ;D

Offline Roughbeak

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 28-04-2013, 16:04:51 »
I found it  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 28-04-2013, 19:04:37 »
If there is a voulenteer mapper, can he make some city maps with tons of Zombies? I've got a concept.

Its a map where you try to fight while run towards an escape vehicle, just like Escape from Crete. You start in a city, trying to move towards the harbour -where a ship is waiting for you- with limited ammo. There will be zombies waiting around the city, and there are a few ammo boxes scattered around the streets, which is basically a labyrinth kind of thing without the dead ends:

the concept is still rough, can be improved vastly. I cant do it myself because I cant map, but if anyone voulenteers, we could get a diamond out of this. :)

Offline Roughbeak

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 28-04-2013, 21:04:12 »
This is a excellent idea :D
I have posted in the "Modding Q&A" thread, about trying this out. :)
« Last Edit: 28-04-2013, 22:04:40 by Roughbeak »

Offline Lupin

• View Profile
    • Lurkerchan
« Reply #40 on: 29-04-2013, 08:04:03 »
Destroyed Zis-5 in France?

Ehh.. well the problem with that and all some of the other Russian equipment I made early on is because I forgot to specify the textures as Russian with the "_ramelle" tag. So instead of being on some maps they're on all of them. Oops.  :(

Bots dont go over to the south-west corner and dont cap it. The battle does not move. Also if you could give more ammo for the pistols:

I never really tested survivor bots, and I think they're broken because of changes I had to make to get the zombies to work. I was mostly gearing toward CO-OP play.

Pistols have the default ammo partially because I was lazy and partially to make the map harder. I figured situations where you run out of ammo and desperately flee hoping to find a pick up kit would be more fun.  :P

Kit icons?:

The zombie side has no kit icons partially because I was lazy and partially because the zombie side technically isn't intended to be playable.

Aghhh, flashlights, pleaaase!

I ran into a load of problems with those and the end result just didn't seem like it was worth the effort. The beams would just over saturate everything.

Well, the skin is awesome, but one thing. if you could make the sides of the stars white, that would be much better:

I think I just used the FH1 textures as a reference for that star. If someone else wants to do it I'm pretty sure I still have the PSD laying around. That star you posted is also an aviation one according to the filename.  :P

Awesome Russian skin! One thing, if you could use the Italian helmet (the one the MG kit wears in Italy maps) instead of the US helmet, that would be much better:

Looks like I goofed on that one. I was trying to make sure that all Russians had red star helmets but I guess I missed that one. And yeah maybe the Italian helmets would've been a better choice..

Im a zombie, but I picked up an enfield LOL:

Yeah I didn't know if there was any way to prevent that. Zombies aren't really meant to be playable anyhow.

Flying AT gun:

I have no idea why it's doing that, I'm pretty sure I never touched any of the spawn coordinates, just what side they spawn for.

Suggestions:

I appreciate them, but I've kind of retired from this mod. I just don't have the time or will to work on it anymore.

Anyone is welcome to take what's already done and make their own version though. Maybe a bunch of you guys could get together and make it better than I ever could.  ;)

I think this is it, but i cannot enter it ???

Judging by your sleeves, you're on the zombie side. Zombies can't drive.  :P

By the way, in the easteregg tank, if you allow your health to fall dangerously low, the music changes to something more dramatic.  ;D

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 29-04-2013, 12:04:05 »
Thanks for the answer. ;D in the future when I learn modding I can work on this maybe

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 01-05-2013, 19:05:41 »
Question:

I'd like to add a new weapon to the survivors. But I cant find the "Survivor" faction in the objects_server/kits section. Which thing do I edit?

Offline Roughbeak

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 01-05-2013, 20:05:22 »
I believe (not for sure ;D) you have to do it also on the BF2Editor (edit maps/kits/vehicles).
The same jolly stuff i am working on. 8)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 01-05-2013, 20:05:00 »
Nah, I have edited kits before. Its really simple once you learn the name of the weapon in the codes. And good luck with your work  :D