Author Topic: Vehicle crosshair  (Read 926 times)

Offline Pelzer

• View Profile
Vehicle crosshair
« on: 22-08-2010, 23:08:25 »
hi folks,

i realised that in FH 1 is no HUD crosshair, but you have to switch to a second camera view to get the real ww2 crosshair based on true war crosshairs. but when i change to this view, i get the camera view right, but the crosshair texture quality is very low - i dont get any sharp lines, but big, black bricks instead (see attachment - german Tiger tank crosshair, but the same bug occurs on ALL others).

i guess the crosshair texture is in a low texture quality, but when i go to Options-Video, i have everything switched to the best quality...any help greatly appreciated, i cant aim through black bricks.. :-\

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
Re: Vehicle crosshair
« Reply #1 on: 23-08-2010, 11:08:43 »
maybe increase ingmae resolution

also try turning on/off gfx driver forced anti aliasing and asynthrope filtering.
play around with these one of them shoudl fix it iirc
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Pelzer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23-08-2010, 13:08:22 »
maybe increase ingmae resolution

also try turning on/off gfx driver forced anti aliasing and asynthrope filtering.
play around with these one of them shoudl fix it iirc

thanks for your tip, where can i find these options? my game resolution is 1024*768, which i guess is okay, but i cant find any GFX driver forced antialiasing or asynthrope filtering options in Options-Video..where are these?

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23-08-2010, 13:08:33 »
they are not ingame, but maybe your GFX software triggers it. Most modern GFX drivers have the option to put stuff like AA ect on in a game without the need to have it enabled ingame.

Just check your GFX software to see if it auto enables AA. If you have trouble finding the options, I suggest you google a bit around to find the part you're looking for.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23-08-2010, 13:08:24 »
those options are set by your graphics card drivers
e.g. ati catalys control center or the nvidia counter part.
in those programms you can force certain setting like anti aliasing and asynthrope filtering.

although i m not 100% sure if these are responsible for this problem but it could be.

alternatively you could simply try playing around whit the in-game settings.
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Pelzer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23-08-2010, 15:08:39 »
okay, ive found Catalyst Control Center (im using an ATI graphic card) and successfully found the antialiasing and asynthropic options. i played with it for a while, tried various combinations of these two elements. it has a very big effect on the game, i got more or less sharp textures everywhere - except for the crosshair. the textures on tanks, grass, houses etc. were much better, but the crosshair is still the same. i wonder - is it possible the mod dev team used a different texture format for the crosshair from other textures? and my graphic card doesnt support this texture format, but can work with all other texture formats? if so, i think it would be possible to find this crosshair texture and convert it to another format..what do you think, guys?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23-08-2010, 15:08:57 »
Not likely.
What card are you using?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline 9.Pz Kreuzer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23-08-2010, 17:08:29 »
I think (not sure) that disabling "triple filtering" helped me, but that was on an Nvidia card.
You can also use this command in the console (ยง): renderer.mipmapbias -1 (I think values below zero improved my crosshairs)
Never looked perfectly for me, I could only improve.

Offline Pelzer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23-08-2010, 18:08:29 »
i am using ATI Radeon 3200 Graphics card.

theres no option as "triple filtering", but instead i have "triple buffering" - i guess its the same, though. nevertheless, it still had effect on other textures only - the textures on tanks, buldings etc. changed, but the crosshair didnt change at all. ill try the "renderer.mipmapbias -1" thing and let you know, eventhough i can switch mipmapbias directly in the ATI Control Center and it had no effect - ill see how it goes through the game console.

its strange that in this camera view are all other textures fine, by that i mean e.g. the 'scope' made of brown leather (which Tiger has), and only that crosshair is in a bad quality..if i at least could make it translucent so i could see through it or delete the texture and at least put a HUD crosshair there, but i guess thats not an option, is it? :-\

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23-08-2010, 19:08:16 »
just reinstall the mod then, that is way less hassle than starting to mod files in order to repair it.
Especially since you might not be able to play online after doing so.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off