Author Topic: Total War games  (Read 71507 times)

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War games
« Reply #15 on: 31-03-2009, 21:03:56 »
Is only smart :P

Dipolmacy could be better.  Remember this is a brand new engine, and a brand new way of playing the game.  I get the feeling that once its patched up fully over the next several months, plus the expansion comes out, we'll see it RAPIDLY improve.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31-03-2009, 23:03:42 »
Yeah probably.

Denmark have occupied one of my ports.
They have a fleet inside, and when I try to attack it my fleet only blockades the port.

How do I attack their fleet - taking back control over the port?

*hoping for quick answer*
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31-03-2009, 23:03:03 »
Move a single unit of troops into the port.  It'll force their navy out, and into an engagement with your ships.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 31-03-2009, 23:03:32 »
Thank you!
have blockaded my own port for +20 years, until now.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 31-03-2009, 23:03:07 »
LmfaoxD

Nice :P

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01-04-2009, 00:04:16 »
I'm running into some serious problems now.

Russia is on the retreat. I've pushed them far into their homeland.
Now... I have researched some educational technologies.
Dissent is not uncommon among the people of my empire, public order is running low in the eastern part of my empire, the earlier russian regions.
They want change. If I further research educational technologies a revolution is imminent.
It's starting to become too troublesome to ignore their revolutionary ideas, and soon I will have to join them in their cause agains the king.

By the way, how do I do that? "create" a revolution?

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01-04-2009, 01:04:07 »
When the rev happens, you're given a choice of siding with the king or the revolutionaries.  I haven't had it happen yet though :(

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01-04-2009, 01:04:55 »
Ah okay!
Things are starting to look better right now, so perhaps a revolution won't be necessary.

however, I'm quickly running out of time (I knew I should have chosen Long Campaign). 8 years left, and haven't captured either Brandenburg or Poland, which are both necessary to complete the campaign, and before year 1750.
I'm not even at war with either prussia or poland-lithuania. I even planned on joining an alliance with prussia and unite agains poland-lithuania. won't have time for an alliance now.

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01-04-2009, 01:04:05 »
I honestly don't play to win on their timeline.  The game doesn't end, you can continue playing for as long as you want after the timelimit.  I much prefer just ignoring those things and fighting to be methodical and logical then having to strike out and conquer everything :P

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01-04-2009, 01:04:34 »
yeah pretty much the same for me.
But still, I would like to manage the deadline. no real reason:P

Offline Mr_Cheese

• Developer
  • FH2 dev
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #25 on: 01-04-2009, 18:04:54 »
... plus the expansion comes out...
Expansion? Has there been any word on this beyond the greyed-out button on the E:TW home page?

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #26 on: 01-04-2009, 19:04:41 »
How to get a revolution without killing your entire empire: Make sure you are at peace and have a mighty position. Now exempt all regions (EXCEPT YOUR CAPITAL!) from taxes and disband as many armies as possible. Now higher the taxes in your capital to max/max. Now just make them revolt there and join the rebels, fight a small battle over the capital and there you go, a new government.
It's all about rebellion in the capital itself.

@Mr.Cheese, don't you think Napoleon expansion is super obvious?  ;)
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01-04-2009, 23:04:15 »
So Fuchs, there will ONLY be a revolution if the people revolt in your capital?

My newly captured russian regions all have low public order, with the motivation "revolutionary ideas" (or something like that). But there won't be a revolution if only your outer regions revolt, but your capital have to revolt?

The more political and educational technologies I research, my people get these revolutionary ideas. But these ideas do not appear in my capital.

The year is now 1750 (I have officially failed the campaign, but continue). All of scandinavia is mine, as well as almost all of russia.
Russia have 1 region left, and they are now my protectorates (I should have done that earlier, I could have captured their last region without any trouble, but if I would have done it earlier I would have saved myself a lot of trouble).
I have captured Dagestan.
I'm now in an alliance with Prussia, and plan on attacking Poland-Lithuania, only to later break my alliance and capture the prussian regions.

Offline Moku

• Waaagh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02-04-2009, 00:04:05 »
By the way I've not seen this asked in any other TW forums I tend to read so here it goes:
Do the AI factions actually agree to become your protectorate in ETW and then stay as one longer than few turns? I never could get anyone to agree to be one for me either in Rome or Medieval 2 with AI mods or without them. They always just wanted to fight to death even though I had almost conquered all of their lands and destroyed their armies.

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02-04-2009, 00:04:36 »
By the way I've not seen this asked in any other TW forums I tend to read so here it goes:
Do the AI factions actually agree to become your protectorate in ETW and then stay as one longer than few turns? I never could get anyone to agree to be one for me either in Rome or Medieval 2 with AI mods or without them. They always just wanted to fight to death even though I had almost conquered all of their lands and destroyed their armies.

Yes.  IN fact, for some nations, you start out with protectorates.  Hell, I even aided my Courland protectorate as Poland for them to expand into estonia.  They DO stay protectorates now.