Author Topic: ADS vs Hip Fire  (Read 4317 times)

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
Re: ADS vs Hip Fire
« Reply #30 on: 04-07-2015, 18:07:19 »
Rifle only has to hit more than %50 of the body win, can't say it takes all that much skill.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04-07-2015, 18:07:35 »
But it has only one chance. See how it works? Everybody else does.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04-07-2015, 18:07:25 »
Just like any other range,eh. Only difference is that the target is bigger. Much bigger.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 04-07-2015, 20:07:43 »
God, one would think that different weapons were designed for different purposes and ranges. That surely can't be the case?

Its called "Spray and Pray" for a reason. Nothing wrong with this. Deviation aside you always have to correct your pistol after firing and also lag and hitpoints take effect making a rapid volley of the pistol much, MUCH better at close quarters.

Offline Sgt.Collins

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 04-07-2015, 20:07:56 »
Airshark79,

Seriously, what the hell?

Dev's did a great job simulating how weapons are actually used (or were used in this case)

I hardly doubt that you already fired a weapon as Light Machine Gun or even a pistol.

I can tell you that HIP firing on full auto a simple rifle from nowadays WILL NOT give you any chance of accuracy even at 25m.

And I personnaly feel firing a pistol HARDER than a rifle,because yours hands do not provide enough stability and your weapon has more chances to sway and miss its target.

I can tell you that FH2 is NOT fully realistic ballisticly, but it may be an engine issue, or a decision for gameplay accessibility.

In the game, you can run like a thief for 5 min, kneel, aim and be accurate. In real life, you have to be damn trained to be able to do that.

Even running, in real life, running with boots, backpacks and weapons get you really and quickly tired. Walking should be default speed for soldiers, but I understand that it wouldn't be a great idea, people would find it ridiculous in a game.

So Airshark79, I don't know why you're still playing this mod (which is a very good one, the onlly one that could fulfill WW2 fans dreams) if you don't like it. Nobody's forcing you!

>:(

How can you handle that, dev's??!!!  ;D

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04-07-2015, 21:07:54 »
My opinion, Bren could be a tad more accurate but only if the German MGs get the ability to fire while standing too (only first bullet should be accurate though, and trying to shoot while moving should just miss everything).

As the latter would look even more stupid, they should just leave the situation as is.

Pistols in FH 2 are not really meant for standard combat, more like self defense when you're out of other options.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 05-07-2015, 01:07:11 »
Pistols in FH 2 are not really meant for standard combat, more like self defense when you're out of other options.

Well, why have it in the game when it is used the exact same way as bren(forces ADS,sluggish movement,can't see where you're shooting)?

Why is it not actually designed rather than putting it into a RNG?
« Last Edit: 05-07-2015, 01:07:43 by Airshark79 »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 05-07-2015, 02:07:10 »
^ It's not used in the exact same way, for the example Bren vs Webley: it has faster ADS (about 3 times, at least from the numbers in the code, if I interpreted them correctly) animation, faster reload time, faster aiming speed and less deviation while walking (although bigger base zoom deviation, to account for the shorter range).

Yes, in CQB you stand only a slightly better chance of surviving when using your pistol as opposed to the Bren, but that has more to do with the fact that the pistol is a smaller caliber and does not kill with one shot, as opposed to the Bren. Could we do with more damage from pistols? Possibly, as they're not a favorite of people anyway because of their inaccuracy on longer ranges. But it can't be buffed to the point it becomes better than a fully fledged SMG.
« Last Edit: 05-07-2015, 02:07:52 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 05-07-2015, 14:07:21 »
Your point is? This WWII era trainning video clearly says that "shooting from the hip may look good, but it isn't practical for combat" in 9:06.
Yeah, you keep the weapon raised and aim by lining the barrel towards the target, faster and accurate enough. That's how the view looks in 1st person.

Offline Erwin

• Admin of CMP-Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Collaborative Multiplayer Gaming
« Reply #39 on: 06-07-2015, 08:07:52 »
Pistol aiming animations could be slightly faster than it is right now. You're lifting a small arm, not MG42.
- It's still up!
- No it ain't.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 06-07-2015, 17:07:56 »
Pistol aiming animations could be slightly faster than it is right now. You're lifting a small arm, not MG42.
They can be a bit faster, true, but they are already faster than animations of LMGs and rifles. Aiming is not a big problem here, I think that deploy animations should be much quicker, so you can grab your pistol fast and shoot the enemy in those extreme close quarters situations before he will even aim at you.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 06-07-2015, 18:07:56 »
Generally it is the rifleman that gets to aim first.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 06-07-2015, 19:07:06 »
Time to join in on the discussion :D

IMHO: Hip fire accuracy could definitely be improved just a bit for close-combat weapons like pistols and SMG's (just to make it a bit more usable, not overdone) When it comes to LMG's I think spread/cone of fire/whatever could be smaller both when hip firing and ADS, but with and increase in recoil to compensate.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 06-07-2015, 21:07:06 »
The pistols are too weak.  I think it is because they use the same projectile as the SMGs which are clearly nerfed.  IMO, either un-nerf the the SMGs or make a more powerful projectile to use in pistols.

As for LMGs, I think hip-fire was common and preferred to standing shoulder-fire for heavy ones like the Bren.  The automatic rifle types(BAR and FG42) of course were exceptions.  The current bullet spread is basically "don't do this!", which is historically inaccurate.

I hope these discussions convince the DEVs to keep trying to improve close quarters combat.  It is the weakest part of the mod and engine.  Even small improvements would have a big impact.  I'm not saying take all the crap suggestions in these forums.  Just see what can be done to make it smoother, less buggy, and less of a crap-shoot/clusterfuck.  FH2'ers probably spend more time in CQB than any other popular BF2 mod players.  That's why it needs extra attention.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 10-07-2015, 22:07:51 »
CQC sucks balls.