Author Topic: Historic and balancing work  (Read 560 times)

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Historic and balancing work
« on: 09-06-2010, 12:06:53 »
Well, I would like to officially introduce a potential addition to our ragtag crew of fan modders. Spike, take a bow...

Spike's strengths are balancing maps to make them historically accurate not only in loadout, but how the battle goes without player intervention, and hence the odds against the player. In short, he is skilled in balancing maps out and adding more authenticity to the gameplay and flow. I have had the pleasure of beta-testing FH1 maps he modified.... unfortunately, this was the year 2007 and Fh2 came out soon after... But they were tres cool, and action packed once they were done - Now imagine this in FH2

The work at hand
What we have here are maps that play swimmingly for attackers, but are most invariably a cake-walk for defenders. A player must therefore choose the losing side in order to have fun
We need to balance this according to who actually won the battles...

For instance, Seige of and Fall of Tobruk should not be so easy for the allies to defend. Sure, it should by no means be a walk in the park for Fritz, but the bleed needs to at least stop before things get evened out...means, Fritz needs to make it into the hinterland and Sidi Rezegh should by no means be route of the German forces as it is now

Minor work includes modifying the loadscreens to read correctly. Most maps are considered double assault maps when in reality they seldom are.

Spawn areas might need reworking to make bots use crtain defensive weapons more, the commander AI might need some work to make him follow the attack plan of the devs in push-maps, as well as avoid him telling men to attack uncap bases, or spamming the radio with conflicting commands

In singleplayer exclusively, the numbers of troops for each side could reflect more of the real numbers for each battle as well as the ratios of one side to the next. I would also suggest small changes like the mgs in Lutich's allied base bing changed with vikers or .30cal depending on which ca perfectly replace them - This goes for both tripods and bipods

I would say though, it would be adviceable to wait for Drawde's next patch since he will be incuding custom artillery specific to SP then. Any other changes to vehicles would therefore be on the same page as the rest of the modding work i.e mapping and Ai logic.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
Re: Historic and balancing work
« Reply #1 on: 09-06-2010, 12:06:57 »
G'day Spike.

It all sounds good to me...

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Historic and balancing work
« Reply #2 on: 10-06-2010, 08:06:14 »
Hello Spike! Welcome!