Author Topic: So, what next?  (Read 34464 times)

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: So, what next?
« Reply #315 on: 24-09-2009, 17:09:42 »
Quit making excuses for the Germans...Patton fought in North Africa, Sicily AND France, and he beat the hell out of the Germans in all three places(hence, why he was so feared by them).

I'm no WW2 nut like these fellas, but I know a lot, and that statement alone is BS.   The Germans we already defeated when rolled into North Africa, and the first meeting between Germany US as I recall the US got whooped with gun-ho tactics at Kasserine despite being advised by the British not to do so.

Patton took command after Kasserine Pass. The reason the Americans had such a bad time was poor or obsolete equipment, lack of experience and poor commanding. They were thrown in at the deep end, so I suppose you can't blame them.
"poor commanding", and patton was in command. So yeah, perhaps you can't blame the soliders, but you can blame patton.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #316 on: 24-09-2009, 18:09:18 »
All this Patton was good/bad BS can continue in this thread: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=802.0

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 24-09-2009, 18:09:15 »
and on all three places IIRC the german army was allready weakened as hell. i agree with Mudra.

just look at the german technology, it is Supperior. Ammo, Training, Weapons, Vehicles. with the exeption of air vehicles. An complete german army would annihilated the guy and driven the allies back to the sea. Ofcourse it is Good that the allies won. no nazi supporting. just fact.

Exactly.

And btw, my grandpa fought under Patton too.  He was wounded twice under Patton.  He hated the man.

Biiviz

« Reply #318 on: 24-09-2009, 18:09:58 »
Quit making excuses for the Germans...Patton fought in North Africa, Sicily AND France, and he beat the hell out of the Germans in all three places(hence, why he was so feared by them).

I'm no WW2 nut like these fellas, but I know a lot, and that statement alone is BS.   The Germans we already defeated when rolled into North Africa, and the first meeting between Germany US as I recall the US got whooped with gun-ho tactics at Kasserine despite being advised by the British not to do so.

Patton took command after Kasserine Pass. The reason the Americans had such a bad time was poor or obsolete equipment, lack of experience and poor commanding. They were thrown in at the deep end, so I suppose you can't blame them.
"poor commanding", and patton was in command. So yeah, perhaps you can't blame the soliders, but you can blame patton.

He also said Patton took command AFTER Kasserine pass ;)

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 24-09-2009, 18:09:26 »

He also said Patton took command AFTER Kasserine pass ;)
Ah, my apologies then :P
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 24-09-2009, 21:09:37 »
Next post about Patton or whoever gets deleted. Use the offtopic forum for offtopic discussions.

« Last Edit: 24-09-2009, 21:09:56 by Lightning »

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 24-09-2009, 23:09:16 »
Next post about Patton or whoever gets deleted. Use the offtopic forum for offtopic discussions.

Ugh thanks for finally showing up. My attempts to control these kids have apparently failed.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 25-09-2009, 05:09:55 »
Zis G4m3 needz mOar carro armatozz

Offline Brasche

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 26-09-2009, 01:09:30 »
Someone give Lighting a "Patton" the back, for controlling the masses. ;)

Sorry....couldn't resist

Offline Secondawakening

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 27-09-2009, 21:09:25 »
I think we get a render of patton tonight, maybe some ingame screenshots!?!?!  :D

Offline Twonkle

• Leave Britney alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: 30-09-2009, 22:09:01 »

That is next!

(image edited by philip :P )

// aka [F|H]Strilo on pubbie servers.

Offline Secondawakening

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 01-10-2009, 11:10:16 »

That is next!

(image edited by philip :P )

How original! Airborne Zombies!  :o :o :o :o

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #327 on: 01-10-2009, 11:10:42 »
Awesome image.

And thats a ranger SA.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 01-10-2009, 18:10:43 »
super! have it as desktop background now, it pwned Flippys style-death image even  ;D ;D

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 12-10-2009, 00:10:29 »
So... I was just thinking... when we ever get to Italy, are we going to have the RSI?