Author Topic: Alam Halfa 64  (Read 24921 times)

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Alam Halfa 64
« Reply #45 on: 08-02-2016, 01:02:04 »
2.5 changelog for Alam Halfa 64

• Brand new brighter lighting settings. The map now is "shiny and chrome", with a more "sunny desert" look.
  • Reworked soldier spawning around many flags, with the main goal to protect both teams (especially the Allies) from spawn raping.
  • Slightly reworked push mode: the flags are split in two sectors - 7th Motor Brigade + 4th Light Armd Brigade, 22nd Armd Brigade + 23rd Armd Brigade, and two standalone flags - Deir el Muhafid and Samaket Gabala. Both teams can attack any flags in the direct vicinity (direct route) of any of the sectors or standalone flags, as long as the team holds the whole sector or the standalone flag. For example, the Allies can counter-attack 7th Motor Brigade from Deir el Muhafid even if the Axis team controls the whole 7th Motor Brigade + 4th Light Armd Brigade sector (or even 22nd Armd Brigade + 23rd Armd Brigade sector).
  • Mine fields do not let slowly moving vehicles to pass unharmed now. It's not guaranteed that you will blow up on driving slowly over them (this we fixed only partially), but at least the mines serve now as an invisible wall in this case.
  • All German vehicles at the first 2 flags (4th and 7th Brigade) now spawn only if both flags are captured. This includes all tanks, Hanomags, Opels, 88 and artillery guns.
  • Moved around some of the German vehicles at 7th Brigade, 4th Brigade and Samaket to hide them from British guns at neighboring flags.
  • Improved most of the static AT and AA guns positions by increasing their field of fire and/or providing more cover.
  • Many-many smaller gameplay and visual fixes.

Minimap for reference:
« Last Edit: 08-02-2016, 02:02:32 by gavrant »

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 09-06-2017, 00:06:16 »
I've just played the map and.. I want some advice how to stay alive for a little more than 30 sec. when playing Ally because apparantly I am not good at that.

I usually put mines at choke points in the beginnig with hope to randomly destroy anything. The rest of the round is more of a slaughterhouse story for me. For example last time I was spawn killed by an arty more than 5-6 times at the same spot (spawn point) in a consecutive way.

*Generaly speaking, I consider for an asshole someone who spawn kills me more than 5 times in a row*

As an average skilled player (maybe even below average) I don't really give a damn about score, points and such but man... it was something like: 2:21. If I played, let's say 15 minutes that means my average life span is nearly 42 seconds.

This mod is the most frustrating game I've ever played and absolutely hate (LOVE) it.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 09-06-2017, 00:06:15 »

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 09-06-2017, 02:06:24 »
Yea, this map is good in terms of balance, but not very 'fun' for the Allies. You pretty much just have to delay the Germans while being cannon fodder for them to win.

I usually try to stay away from the flags and snipe, or tank hunt. Kill as many as possible and delay them from capping the flags. But I always end up dying a ton.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 09-06-2017, 20:06:14 »
Yeah, Alam Halfa as infantry is a b*tch. In a tank or plane you might stay alive longer. But I have tons of fun putting mines and blowing up tanks. One tank kill is worth 10 deaths to me, so you might guess I always have dibs on the "Most deaths" award ;)

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 12-10-2019, 23:10:58 »
The fog color does not match the skybox so it looks weird from a plane, maybe this could be fixed for next patch?