Poll

Would you like them and would YOU drive them?

Yes
No
Whatever

Author Topic: Logistic trucks  (Read 855 times)

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
Logistic trucks
« on: 10-03-2016, 17:03:54 »
Well,we all now FH2 is arcade game and not PR minimod,but there are people who like slow pace gameplay. This involves and question of logistic trucks. There were topic before about this,but without ideas. I would like to suggest new ideas and open this to disscusion.
Nowadays,trucks in FH2 are pretty boring as they should be. But why not improve atleast one side?
- FH2 has semilogistic truck and that is AMMO truck. Its ok,people sometimes use it as logistic,but mostly is     transport truck. You have infinitive ammo crates and thats ok.
-Now my main suggestion is that now this truck has REPAIR box. Repair box would have its amount like ammo box,truck would have infinitive these boxes but they would reload slower than ammo box(so you cant trow hundert of them,but 1-2 or you will probably die from enemy)
-*I dont know about this,but maybe that this truck has one AT,as engine doesnt allow towing ATs then this maybe. Of course,you cant reload new gun.
-Or that logi truck can trow 1-2 spawn point(this is not good for truck,but maybe that commander can trow some spawn point)
-Or that it has one sandbag with MG instead that AT, only one. This can really help infantry

Now what if:
REPAR BOXES
you trow ammo box beetwen more tanks?
Well it will spend help faster.
you trow it near destroyed AT?
This REPAIR box is like little faster wrench. It will give health to AT and it will probably fix it and give some more health. If you patiently stay near,then you can trow another box and finish repairing. Of course this will not dissmis wrench in kit as logistic truck cant be everywhere on map.
these trucks would be used mostly for transport by players and not as logi truck?
This happened before with Ammo truck and this happens with all vehlichles and kits in FH2. FH2 is full of arcade players and that players always do different with game elements than you expect. But there is atleast 30-50% of players that like slower gameplay and teamwork and there is atleast 2-5% of players that like doing logistic,transport,support... And they will always hurry at beggining of round to grab logistic truck or etc.

PLUS AT
If these trucks has also one,non-reloadable AT, logistic trucks would get its full meaning in FH2. Maybe then it would look like PR,but we know engine doesnt support towed guns. This would be great on all FH2 maps and then maybe people would start asking for logistic trucks. This would look ugly,but there isnt way around. This is why I also doesnt support this 100%.
What if truck gets destroyed?
The best would be that when it spawns again,that it doesnt have AT. That would be realistic and there wouldnt be manipulation. But maybe longer spawn time for this trucks can help avoid manipulation.
What if AT gets destroyed?
Truck would have only one AT that cant be refilled.

OR 1-2 SPAWN POINT?
Well,not really. It would change gameplay totaly,especially when round are over. These spawn point would not be permanent,but this would be cool adition for Commander duty

OR ONE MG SANDBAG?
This would be maybe better than AT. Cool adition for logistic truck and good for infantry too. Also it would look ugly,so..

This is my suggestions, Im at moment sick so dont gave smarter thing to do  :D  Tell do you approve some of these suggestions and tell yours.
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Logistic trucks
« Reply #1 on: 10-03-2016, 20:03:20 »
The repair thing sounds quite cool, the other things are too gimmicky imo. The drawback of this is that a new texture must be made and it will increase the texture load of the maps it's gonna be put on.

I think the repair thing is also easy to counter when "abused" because you can simply kill the truck and then it's all over.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-03-2016, 21:03:31 »
Yep, most of the transport trucks in FH2 are pretty pointless atm. If the ammo truck also spawned a repair box it would at least have some use (ammo is really rarely a problem in FH2, only arty uses it occasionally).

Also the infantry trucks could spawn smaller ammo boxes for small arms ammo.

And the commander truck should really get something cool about it, right now it's only used for rushing the flags. If it could provide a (time-limited) team-wide spawn point it might give more relevance to the commander and help to focus the team on a single objective.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-03-2016, 14:03:27 »
The repair thing sounds quite cool, the other things are too gimmicky imo. The drawback of this is that a new texture must be made and it will increase the texture load of the maps it's gonna be put on.

I think the repair thing is also easy to counter when "abused" because you can simply kill the truck and then it's all over.
I also need to agree that only repair thing is valuable and other gimmicky. So if there is ammo and repar box in nowadays ammo trucks, that repair box would be on more texture to load? I guess there isnt any place for this on already fh2 maps

Well,things are in fh2 sometimes abused,especially satchel which is often antiinfantry weapon. Maybe AT or tank that you gave repair can kill enemy before he take your truck.

Offline Ronson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-03-2016, 15:03:21 »
Adding a repair feature to the ammo truck would be great, maybe not deployable repair boxes as I guess that would take a lot of additional coding and testing, but just letting the truck both fix and resupply stuff in the area around it automatically like a commander crate does - so it would basically be a mobile commander crate. Or making the dropped ammo crates we already have slowly fix as well as resupply.

It would be good if mappers used more ammo trucks in preference to standard trucks, as there's often only one available and it gets taken by someone who just wants to rush to the next flag. Be good if all trucks could resupply infantry weapons too, like half-tracks do.

I drive the ammo wagon quite often if I want a break from fighting, running ammo to the big guns and mortars or even out to the heavy tanks in the front. It's a nice change of pace, like Euro Truck Simulator except you get shot at.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11-03-2016, 20:03:43 »
Does every ammo box that is trown away load texture?
P.S. It looks like people dont bother this much..

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11-03-2016, 23:03:52 »
Everything on a map loads texture, unless it doesn't have one ;)

And if people didn't bother with your suggestion, there wouldn't be any posts in this topic, so don't worry :)

Offline Sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11-03-2016, 23:03:10 »
I rarely make posts but I think one of the ideas here has merit and maybe worth consideration.

"And the commander truck should really get something cool about it, right now it's only used for rushing the flags. If it could provide a (time-limited) team-wide spawn point it might give more relevance to the commander and help to focus the team on a single objective." Posted by: LuckyOne.

Give the commander the ability to select / deselect spawn points to control the battle as basically what happens in real life. Is it possible devs?

If its possible, maybe its open for abuse, I don't know but I do know that it would make battles more focussed.
I can't see the point of having spawn points dotted all over the map when only 1 or 2 and main base are relevant. Often is the case where there is a main battle happening @ point A and players are all over the map on their own private war.
The commander's role has been under utilised since FH2's inception. I think it would be good to see the commander having more important things to do than dropping the odd supply case here and there and giving orders which players choose or not choose to follow.

My 2 cents thanks gents. ;D

p.s I realise I have gone off topic, apologies in advance.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12-03-2016, 15:03:16 »
Everything on a map loads texture, unless it doesn't have one ;)

And if people didn't bother with your suggestion, there wouldn't be any posts in this topic, so don't worry :)
  ;)

About commander, I dont think commander velichle has spawn point is good idea. That really cant help team. But commander that has 4-5 spawn point is something,but again too much open for abuses. Just imagine what he can do,put them at the end of shore so people slide in water,put them on top of houses,in rivers,etc. Also how would you get rid of enemy? They would spawn all time. And if commander controls spawn points,again too much open for abuses.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12-03-2016, 16:03:40 »
Yes I thought about giving commander the ability to lock spawns, but decided against suggesting it as it takes away much of the freedom players have. I'd rather have command truck with the ability to deploy a spawnpoint. Or make it immobile and extend a tent with radio that acts as a spawn for the whole team. Just to give the team another option, sort of like the spawn APC but unarmed.

That way it could be used near the front, but not directly on the forward flags as it would be too vulnerable. Sort of like a FOB works in PR, just limited to one and only droppable by the commander, if possible.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13-03-2016, 03:03:15 »
I agree with points noted above and all are valid and logical.

But what if we didn't worry about abuses for a minute. What if a map like this was trialed, maybe this idea is more suited for tournament matches.
What if it were possible?
Yes it takes away player freedom agreed, but I'm a team player and find more enjoyment working together to win the game rather than play my own battles within the game.

I'm a believer in making the game a little bit more dynamic and less predictable, so having unpredictable spawn points in the hands of a competent commander would add more drama to the game. Just imagine also if the commander had resources he could provide with the spawn points.
It would make the commander's role a bit like a RTS role.
The more I think about it, it maybe suited better to tournament matches.

Anyway just my thoughts.  8)