Author Topic: I have the debugshell working with my Linux dedicated server, but what now ?  (Read 315 times)

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Hi,

I've played through every single FH map. Official, unofficial and everything else. I've noted down which one's are stable and which one's crash. Now I need to start debugging.

I have downloaded the Linux dedicated server with the version that matches the debugger.

So I start my Linux server on one machine and the debugger FH2 client on my Windows machine. I can see logs being generated on the Windows machine but only client logs.

If I start the debugger and begin a map from within the client it starts THEN I see server logs being generated.

I'm trying to debug by running the map on the dedicated Linux server as that is how most coop players would probably run it.

But does that matter ? Is the server client side basically the same ?

In fact Advance on Foy plays for ages when started on the client. When started on the dedicated server it soon crashes suggesting to me that there are some differences, but I don't know how much this matters.

I can test the map entirely by starting from within the Windows client (the debugshell), yet the problem for me is that I get all these buggy horrible psychedelic coloured corpse textures. I'm going to try installing a seperate BF2 installation patched to 1.3 (which is the debugger version) which should fix the issue.

Just want to fix these coop maps !