Author Topic: Advice for new and veteran players with current state of FH Coop/SP  (Read 524 times)

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
I've been finding it very frustrating playing as it's really a game of Russian Roulette with so many of the newer and "forgotten" maps. Just when you start immersing in the game ... BOOM ! CTD.

Really irritating.

So I suggest any new and even veteran players stick to the older maps. Especially the Africa maps which are rock solid. Then at least you get a full game rather than a CTD slap in the face !

It's difficult to have confidence in so many of the maps unless you really know they are rock solid. There really needs to be a list of confirmed good newer maps.

I'm marking CTD maps as I go along and will endeavour to use the debugger on them when I get to it.

EDIT:  I've been doing a lot of testing and most of the official maps are stable. See the list on this page. Many but not all of the custom and unofficial conversions, according to my tests, are not stable and need fixing. But now I've narrowed that down the task seems less formidable and I should have some fixes over the next few months, maybe sooner.
« Last Edit: 06-08-2019, 12:08:19 by Michael Z Freeman »