Author Topic: Error on launch of the game  (Read 1274 times)

Offline gsteffens

• View Profile
Error on launch of the game
« on: 22-07-2020, 02:07:55 »
Attached is a picture of the error - I'm not well versed in what all this means.  Any one with more experience have any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Geo

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Error on launch of the game
« Reply #1 on: 23-07-2020, 02:07:51 »
Hi, I posted your question to Discord, because there are more people frequenting that nowadays. I personally don't know how to solve this, but over there we have plenty of tech savvy people being able to help you out. If you want, you can also join the Discord server and get your answer to this, or any other question you may have. Here is the link: https://discord.gg/hU878P4 See you there hopefully!

Offline gsteffens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23-07-2020, 04:07:24 »
Hi, I posted your question to Discord, because there are more people frequenting that nowadays. I personally don't know how to solve this, but over there we have plenty of tech savvy people being able to help you out. If you want, you can also join the Discord server and get your answer to this, or any other question you may have. Here is the link: https://discord.gg/hU878P4 See you there hopefully!

Thank you for replying so quick!  Life is a bit crazy now but when i get a minute I'll get set up over there and follow the topic.  I've known IT guys who have helped me diagnose printing and related issues, and they can read errors and code like that like it's nothing.  I imagine the right person in this community would have a good idea what the problem is in the same mindset.  Take care!

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-07-2020, 11:07:41 »
Sounds like something got borked in your environment. Maybe try reinstalling / updating your version of .Net framework, not sure which version is required for the launcher though?
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline gsteffens

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25-07-2020, 13:07:30 »
Sounds like something got borked in your environment. Maybe try reinstalling / updating your version of .Net framework, not sure which version is required for the launcher though?

Yeah, that will have to wait because in my experience it takes some time to let the computer sit while it does the reinstall.  It's strange, one day it played just fine.  Two days later, this error pops up.  Gotta love computers, lol

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02-08-2020, 18:08:14 »
On Discord someone already supplied a solution.