Author Topic: The thing with the Northafrican maps...  (Read 2896 times)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: The thing with the Northafrican maps...
« Reply #15 on: 26-02-2016, 16:02:24 »
Italian front is definitely something I'd love to see explored. On weapon and vehicle side I think we are more than covered... but it is the statics for the maps we are completely missing unfortunately.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29-02-2016, 17:02:04 »
"The Battle of Anzio" would be nice (even though it's Americans vs. Germans), esp. when one company from schwere Panzerjäger-Abteilung 653 was attached to schwere-Panzer-Abteilung 508, which both were assigned to Fallschirm-Panzer Division "Hermann Göring".

The Allied air supremacy and the American naval artillery forced these vehicles to take narrow country roads.. and the heavy rains made these roads even worse. It was a disaster for the Germans, leading to numerous casualties and material losses.

Technical note: Elefants used during this operation didn't carry any tactical numbers either.
« Last Edit: 21-03-2016, 20:03:41 by nysä »

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01-03-2016, 16:03:19 »
Italian front is definitely something I'd love to see explored. On weapon and vehicle side I think we are more than covered... but it is the statics for the maps we are completely missing unfortunately.
What statics would be required that we are missing?  I guess all the new buildings would be the most work, right?   None of the Mediterranean ones from Crete or Mount Olympus work?  Or are they all just from North Africa?

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01-03-2016, 18:03:51 »
I think there are some pretty nice Italian statics floating around, especialy the FHT buildings from Etna Line would fit pretty well and somebody could do a pretty damn good standard FH2 map with them and the crete/mediteranian style buildings allready in the mod. The question is, who is going to do that job? :-\

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01-03-2016, 18:03:23 »
I don't think those statics are up to par though.