Author Topic: replaying demos...(bullet strikes)  (Read 408 times)

Offline default_player

• View Profile
replaying demos...(bullet strikes)
« on: 23-03-2012, 04:03:51 »
Has there ever been a fix for the following? (I doubt it) I think sadly, it's hard-coded into the bf2 engine/replay system...Anyway, the gripe is the annoying bullet strikes that register during replay in the 3rd person. It seems that any bullet/projectile that enters a certain radius of the bot (ai or player controlled) in where it generates the momentary stun/bullet crack effect from 1st person, generates a full out hit on the player/bot from third person during replay.

It's annoying for the fact that I do like to avoid taking any hits whatsoever during a sp round, only then to see a bunch of strikes against my bot in the replay that are in actuality 'near misses'

To skip past the same old remedies that do not work but are always brought up...

maximizing replay demo quality does not do anything to remedy this.
removing the impact 'poof' does not solve the problem either.

If you're a sp fan like me, chances are you like to record your rounds in succession of a campaign for later viewing (this bug spoils that entirely sadly) Damn, even Rogue Spear from 11 years ago accurately depicted a near miss, or a hit during replay of a round. No question in my mind this is tied in with the bullet crack/stun effect that occurs in first person. And like I said, I have looked into this quite extensively before, going so far as to delete animation files from 3rd person. In fact, I'd rather have no bullet strike animations on the bots whatsoever as opposed to a million false animations occurring per round. 

Here's to hoping that one of the brilliant devs or somebody somewhere can finally offer up some sort of remedy for this for us sp die-hards. Thank You.