Author Topic: The Olympics Thread  (Read 6771 times)

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
Re: The Olympics Thread
« Reply #75 on: 07-08-2012, 05:08:18 »
Germany screwed us at the sand,but we got them at the court!

And an hungarian boxer said he is worthless.He's 19 and got fifth place at the Olympic Games.Now I'm feeling like sh...

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 07-08-2012, 15:08:19 »
Seems like shooting, sailing and javelin are the only events that Finland has any hope of getting medals.
Aaaand there we go. Silver from sailboarding.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 07-08-2012, 17:08:03 »
I'm not sure if foreigners can access it, probably not, but NOS.nl has multiple streams of currents events, I throw them onto my tv-out et voila, different sport. Also, there's no commentary on those, so you get to hear all the shouts, ticks, tocks, splash, and so forth :)

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 07-08-2012, 18:08:49 »
"Het is niet toegestaan om deze aflevering vanaf uw hudige geografische locatie te bekijken"

I love your language ;D

But, no need, thanks. I guess every country has it. Here in Germany we got it too and I'd wonder if any (industrial) country would not have it. But usually tzhe streams are restricted to the country you live in. Slayer tried to get access to the German livestrams before as well and it did not work.

I also like watching some sports without commentary, but sometimes it's indeed nice to hear what the stadium announcer, the coaches or the athletes themselves say.

Offline hslan.Grim

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 07-08-2012, 20:08:19 »
With fencing it was nice to watch without commentators since in between matches you could hear/see the stadium announcer entertain the crowd. Did a great job imho.

But Holland has the NOS.nl and Britain has BBC.co.uk for live streams so I guess each country has it on the site of the tv station that also broadcasts on tv.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 07-08-2012, 21:08:19 »
Gymnastics with commentator was great today :) We have this guy who does gymnastics since the 50s or something, Hans van Zetten. He is a very serene guy who knows lots and lots of stuff about gymnastics, all names of all exercises, the scoring system, how many bonuspoints one van get with which type of element, etc. You can easily fall asleep to the sound of his voice, as it is so soothing.

Today he totally went overboard, half screaming "He stands! And I'm standing too! I'm totally going crazy!" after Epke Zonderland got gold on men's horizontal bar. :)

Bronze medals for both our riders team dressing and for Teun MUlder at keirin. That last one was a big surprise! It was a photo finish, and when he looked at the scoreboard, the commentator said "The bronze is given to the guy from New Zealand" and then immediately after "No, they give out TWO bronze medals!" and then Mulder got one too :)

Drama for Liu Xiang: after becoming injured in his home country in 2008 Olympics, he started again today on hurdling, but stranded at the first hurdle: injured again. I'm not a big fan of the Chinese Olympic team, but I really feel for this guy.  :'(

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 08-08-2012, 00:08:08 »
Yehaa, Brink/Reckermann just won in beachvolleyball vs the Netherlands 2:0 sets and are now in the finals against the second Brazilian team, they defeated the other one in the quarter finals. Gonna be very hard, but silver medal is also a great success and they can even win maybe. Going to be great.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 08-08-2012, 00:08:04 »
Yes, Nummerdor/Schuil got their asses kicked. I expected a bit more appreciation for the fact that German men's hockey are in the semifinals too now, because of our win vs South Korea ;)

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 08-08-2012, 01:08:41 »
:D

Thanks a lot! But they gonna screw up I'm afraid. My guess is that they are going to be 4th. Not sure if they deserve being in the semi finals but yea. It's great and appreciated, no worries :P

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 08-08-2012, 18:08:03 »
Yay! Woohoo! Women's hockeyteam in the final! Pffft, exciting match vs New Zealand, twice we got behind, twice we equalized. Shootouts made the decision and we won!

Also: silver in men's jumping with horses, by a guy who never rode on the Olympics before, good job!

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 08-08-2012, 22:08:35 »
Yay! Woohoo! Women's hockeyteam in the final! Pffft, exciting match vs New Zealand, twice we got behind, twice we equalized. Shootouts made the decision and we won!

Also: silver in men's jumping with horses, by a guy who never rode on the Olympics before, good job!
Match was great to see and not just because of the tension. New Zealand had some fine looking players on the pitch, hnnggg.
"The wolves will come again."

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 08-08-2012, 23:08:53 »
Seems like shooting, sailing and javelin are the only events that Finland has any hope of getting medals.
Aaaand there we go. Silver from sailboarding.
All the Finnish javelin throwers qualified. And it was nice to see Julius Yego of Kenya to qualify in javelin. He has trained quite a lot in Finland and it's not every day when you see Kenyan javelin throwers in the big games.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 09-08-2012, 18:08:06 »
YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!

German mens hockey are in the fuckin  finals by winning over the favored Australians with 4:2 What a game. Until 20 minutes before the game ended Australia led by 2:1. Then this awesome goal which was not given because the stick was over the shoulder, but it had to be a penalty corner for Germany, not given.

As a result they played with even more passion and motivation. MAde the game draw by a well created opportunity and precise finish. Then they got into the lead by making the 3:2 with an awesome variant of a penalty corner.

Then counterattack, precise flank in the middle of the striking circle, dive, hit, goal !

Fuckin awesome. They played a mediocre, if not a bad tournament so far, got with luck into the semi finals and now this, amazing and not the 4th place as I suspected ;D

They got back their self confidence now and will be so motivated in the finals after this match. And even if they loose they won silver which is great. But now gold should be the goal. Maybe the dutchies bleed for helping Germany get to the semi finals now.

What you think Slayer, NL gonna win vs GBR tonight ?

Damn, this really was just the most amazing game of the tournament. Lovely.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 09-08-2012, 21:08:28 »
What you think Slayer, NL gonna win vs GBR tonight ?
Yes, I think so. 3-1 atm. Let's make a deal: we get gold and you get silver, allright? After all, we mde it possible for you to be in the final in the first place ;)

Shame that the German high goal got cancelled, it would have been the most beautiful hockeygoal of this Olympics easily.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 09-08-2012, 21:08:16 »
Yea definitily. That was very well done.

Deal canceled ;D
Ze Germans alwayz need to go for ze ultimate victory!

Okay, 4:1 now. I don't think GBR is going to recover from that. So the finals is pretty much Ger vs NL. Pretty pumped for that too, gonna be an exciting match for sure.