Author Topic: The Great Football thread  (Read 112230 times)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Football thread
« Reply #1725 on: 31-08-2012, 07:08:16 »
It is me, or Real Madrid has been facing Ajax frequently?.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: 31-08-2012, 12:08:55 »
Leverkusen striker talent Samed Yesil goes to Liverpool for around 1 Million €. Friggin Joke that they let him go, especially for that few money ::) Okay, he is not worth more than that at this point, but he's a really talanted young guy. Anyway, it's great for him and Liverpool is my second favourite club so I am quite fine with it. I just hope he gets his chance to play in Liverpool here and there.

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: 31-08-2012, 13:08:22 »
It is me, or Real Madrid has been facing Ajax frequently?.

Correct. They've been in the same group the last three years in a row.

Ajax will have to hope for miracle to advance. Ending up third in this group would be quite an achievement already.

Champions of the Premier League, Primera Division, Bundesliga and Eredivisie in a single group. It's simply because of the bullshit system they employ for the draw. Ajax was more or less placed in this group because of commercial reasons even though two other groups were still open.
"The wolves will come again."

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: 31-08-2012, 13:08:45 »
More transfers popping up.

-Barcelona player Ibrahim Afellay is loaned to Schalke 04.
-Rafael Van der Vaart seems to be on his way back to Hamburg (I wonder that, Hamburg is horrible currently and nearly went to second league last season) Nothing is fixed though, would not wonder if he doesn't do it.
-Also Alessandro Del Piero seems to go to Sydney and finish his career there.
« Last Edit: 31-08-2012, 13:08:29 by Surfbird »

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: 31-08-2012, 19:08:58 »
-Rafael Van der Vaart seems to be on his way back to Hamburg (I wonder that, Hamburg is horrible currently and nearly went to second league last season) Nothing is fixed though, would not wonder if he doesn't do it.

Actually he's already there. For me it's quite disappointing... The player who played in Real Madrit, who had really good matches in Tottenham is going back with his career...

Edit:
And Maicon in Manchester City!!! Media tell that they paid for him 3 mln pounds which is very good price in my opinion.
« Last Edit: 31-08-2012, 19:08:04 by Kwiot »

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: 31-08-2012, 23:08:10 »
Inter is like kicking all Brazilians from their team.

Lucio moved to Juventus for free, Maicon switched for Man. City

And probably the most shocking of them all:

Julio Cesar signed for QPR

What's going on with QPR? Are they going to be like the new Man. City?, afaik they signed Park Ji Sung, Granero from Real Madrid and now Julio Cesar!, interesting players indeed.

Nice to hear ADP will find a club soon, Sydney FC will be a good place for him, giving some quality to A-League.

Just watched UEFA SuperCup, Falcao is a beast, underrated striker he deserves more!, Simeone is a great tactician, too bad he left Racing for Atl. Madrid D:

Rumours says that Juve signed Bendtner on loan from Arsenal FC.

Offline Chadoi

• View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: 31-08-2012, 23:08:04 »
Leverkusen striker talent Samed Yesil goes to Liverpool for around 1 Million €. Friggin Joke that they let him go, especially for that few money ::) Okay, he is not worth more than that at this point, but he's a really talanted young guy. Anyway, it's great for him and Liverpool is my second favourite club so I am quite fine with it. I just hope he gets his chance to play in Liverpool here and there.

As far as I'm aware Leverkusen have a buy back clause if certain conditions are met so not all bad for them.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: 01-09-2012, 00:09:18 »
Yes, that's true. Nobody knows about the conditions though. In the end it's a fucked up transfer in my eyes and nearly a donation for Liverpool. When Yesil is gonna skyrocket, they will keep him anyway and give a good bunch of money to Leverkusen then. In the worst case - I indeed hope the clause is a good one. Would make sense when giving him away for such few money, but Bayer managed to act weirdly when it comes down to transfers for serveral years now.

Problem is that our general manager Holzhäuser is an idiot and has fucked up more than enough transfers in the past. Better for him that nobody knows about the conditions. Every fan wants him out of his office for years, but he won't go. That he gave Yesil to Liverpool now is only another step in the wrong direction for many of us. With Kiesling, Junior Fernandez and Schürrle we only have 3 Strikers anyway, it's not that he is unncecessary. Hell, I'm getting mad...Problem is not that single transfer, it's jsut another questionable decision that makes me feel bad about the transfer policy in general. We are never gonna win anything with this idiot Holzhäuser as boss.

Offline Chadoi

• View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: 01-09-2012, 01:09:29 »
I feel for you Surfbird, I know what it's like to have someone in charge who couldn't care less about the club.

With Yesil I'm sure the clause will be favourable to all parties though. The only issue I can see (if he is a big success) is that he may fall in love with Liverpool and not want to leave.

However, if he is as good as all your fans say he is, then Liverpool may have to fight off Real Madrid etc and we know that won't end well.

Have you watched him play much? I know his goal record is good but I have no idea of his style of play.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: 01-09-2012, 02:09:23 »
Well, he played in Leverkusen since he is 7 years old. As U17 player of the German National team he scored 19 goals in 21 games. Does not mean too much, but he is one if not the biggest talent we had from the work with young players in the own club. Just sad to see him go before he even got his chance to play in the first team. And going to a team like Liverpool can also make things worse for an 18 years old player. He could easily sink into obscurity and has a lot of high quality competition in Liverpool.

I did not see him play a lot, he just got to the first team, but what I know is that he is a very fast and agile player who is known for being good at scoring goals. It's kinda hard to tell how good he is by now, because he did not play on really professional level yet, but he is still developing and generally assumed as big striker talent.

What actually upsets me is that I looked forward to maybe see him play here and there and maybe see him getting succesful in a few years, bringing Bayer forward. As I said, makes me sad when he goes away for an apple and an eye. But some little hope and satisfaction is there because of that clause, that's right :)

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: 01-09-2012, 02:09:11 »
Well, it seems that Brendan Rodgers will choose often young players - againsy Manchester City there was 17th yeard old player and he also bet on Coates (21) instead of experienced Carragher. So I think he will get some chances especially when there's so many matches in the season.  ;)

Edit: Ha, the most expensive piece of wood (Andy Carroll) was loaned to WHU...  ::) Also Liverpool sold C. Adam (his game was really disappointing).

So there's a place for this guy as you see  :)
« Last Edit: 01-09-2012, 02:09:22 by Kwiot »

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: 01-09-2012, 02:09:16 »
You mean Sterling with the 17 year old guy, right ? He really looks like a great player!

In Bayers test game vs Liverpool he overran our whole defense and scored a goal in minute 3 or something like that. So I see Liverpool might be a good club for young players at the moment and not "kill" young players like a lot of European top clubs do (Munich, Madrid, Cheslea, ManUnited) I also think that Rodgers is a competent guy and is hopefully able to perform a succesfull "restart" for FC Liverpool.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: 01-09-2012, 07:09:22 »

Europa League groups, Videoton ftw!

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: 01-09-2012, 21:09:12 »
Half of the teams I see for the first time  ;D

Shame that there isn't any Polish team....  ::)

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: 02-09-2012, 17:09:02 »
Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal

I didn't watch the match, but I've read that Reina again gave a gift to enemy, and Gerrard has his best years in career behind him...  ::)

Honestly, after what I watched in the previous matches, I expect to see Liverpool win... Arsenal hadn't scored a goal, and Liverpool played really good against Manchester City... Well, again before September ends, we can only dream about championship...  ::)