Author Topic: Development progress?  (Read 29449 times)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: Development progress?
« Reply #360 on: 30-09-2013, 18:09:03 »
Jan rubbing a hand full of bullshit in the face of the community is NOT what i'm talking about.

All I said is that WE NEED MORE BETA TESTERS, what is bullshit about it? We are too few to even bring you news updates because nobody will waste precious time to create renders etc when there are only few active people on the team (I'm not sure how many developers are there left but only about 10 testers actively participate in sessions, we were never so low on human power). There is NOTHING to show to community in current state because of WIP status but that doesn't mean there's nothing being worked on. If you're not interesting in help, enjoy what you have now because it will take a long time to finnish next patch without more ppl on board. How fucking selfish can you be?

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 30-09-2013, 20:09:01 »
So anyone can apply? I'm not gonna, but you know, just asking to make all clear.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 30-09-2013, 20:09:03 »
That's it, enough bitching. I will take some screenshots for you...

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 30-09-2013, 20:09:23 »
Ts4EVER, your attitude on this sickens me and many fans around the world. The fact that we have to coax this out of you makes no sense, it should be automatic. All you have to do is tell us what you are working on more often. There is no need for official news updates with fancy renders. Just take a picture of your work and post it in a dev blog, you'd be doing the fans a service and giving much needed morale boost.

When people stumble upon this mod and see that it looks awesome, then they see the last time it was updated was 4 months ago, they think "oh it must be dead, move along." I really love this mod, I do, and I would help if I could, but as for now, a little more activity would do wonders.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 30-09-2013, 20:09:05 »
Well, I'd be happy with just a dev blog with some sneak peak screens (could be those that spark random conspiracies too  ;D) and a "what we plan to do next" list.

Still, remember guys that the developers of this mod are actually one of the most active modders around, even in terms of news updates. For many mods it takes years to hear any news and then suddenly there's a big update, and silence for another few years after that...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 30-09-2013, 20:09:57 »
So anyone can apply? I'm not gonna, but you know, just asking to make all clear.

Basically, annyone can apply but it will be verified in someway if you're the right person. There are some requirements for beta testers like activity and conscientiousness. Test sessions are being held twice a week on thursdays and sundays at 19:00 GMT and tester should be able to join at least one of these every week. Most common problem with testers is them being a flash in the pan. Many new guys appear on first few test sessions get bored and dissapear (we have more than 150 members on internal forum but very little amount of them is active or show up on regular basis). You need to know that testing isn't really cool and fun all the time. If you never worked on the mod, you will be surprised how bugged and problematic some things can be (one little change can create 5 new bugs). New forum members will have more problems with being accepted to the team because we need trustworthy and experienced players with good understanding of how refractor engine works. Ofcourse it isn't needed to have specialized knowledge and modding expierence, although this can always be useful. Not all applications are accepted because it is also quite risky to take people you don't know to internal team as they for example can leak some info about the development here what is strictly forbidden (only developers can decide about their work being revealed to public) but there are some detailed instructions about how all of it works on internal forum.

Anyway, IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN JOINING THE BETA TEST TEAM, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME VIA PM. I will provide you some more details and usefull info and hopefully help in any way. If you will be good candidate I will be happy to bring your case internal and we will see what ce be done about it.
« Last Edit: 30-09-2013, 20:09:28 by jan_kurator »

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 30-09-2013, 20:09:16 »
Everyone who has ever worked on a mod knows that there is nothing more annoying than people constantly begging updates. Well guess what, that doesn't make the progress any faster. The next patch will come when it's finished and not any sooner. In fact, constantly trying to please you folk they have to waste time on posting pointless images and devblogs, which then at worst case scenario moves the next patch further.

So stop feeling so fucking privileged, you're acting like children.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 30-09-2013, 21:09:00 »
So stop feeling so fucking privileged, you're acting like children.
This.

It makes me sad how it's getting worse and worse all the time. Even experienced forumers are bitching these days like they never saw update breakes before. I won't repeat myself again. You want more updates and faster progress - apply to beta/dev team, it's the only way. If you're not interesting in it, accept what you get so far from FH2 and enjoy it!

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 30-09-2013, 21:09:42 »
How can you test if map is balanced and how will be played in 10 players?  ???

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 30-09-2013, 21:09:05 »
We're testing many other things now and don't forget that there were more testers in the past. Balance is indeed problem but it's still better than releasing your map to a tournament hoping that it will work because of advanced team play, Kwiot Mudzin.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 30-09-2013, 21:09:01 »
I don't know what you're talking about...

Back to the topic, I know that map should be tested to find any bugs, like glitches, floating objects, etc. But I think you must do sth, because in the last patch, even though these new maps look great, the gameplay issue is really bad...

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #371 on: 30-09-2013, 21:09:34 »
Kwiot Mudzin.

I lol'd. Don't unveil his identity! It's secret!!!

And remember, Kwiot is not Peiper! And also not Kwiatkowski ;)
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 30-09-2013, 21:09:54 »
All you have to do is tell us what you are working on more often. There is no need for official news updates with fancy renders.
Problem is, I can only tell you this: we (I'm not a dev, but only a BT) are currently working on
- (severe) bugs present in current version of the mod
- new maps
- new vehicles

And that's it. When I would tell eberything, and then it won['t be in the next patch, everyone will be like "What?!? And ypu promised us this and that!!!" and shitsorms like that. It's because of that, that there is a little secrecy.

When people stumble upon this mod and see that it looks awesome, then they see the last time it was updated was 4 months ago, they think "oh it must be dead, move along."
Well, the those people should dig into mods a little deeper, because then they would see what has been posted here already: many, many mods have no updates for years. This is still an active mod and you can see that (I'm sorry I have to repeat myself but apprently people simpl,y barge in here and don't bother to actually read the content of thsi thread) because:
- everyday people play this mod. Dead mods don't get played.
- everyday there are new posts on this forum. Dead mods don't have posting members of the community.

Also, when those people are able to check the news updates, they can also click on to this forum and see that the latest post was one minute ago.

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 30-09-2013, 22:09:03 »
All you have to do is tell us what you are working on more often. There is no need for official news updates with fancy renders.
Problem is, I can only tell you this: we (I'm not a dev, but only a BT) are currently working on
- (severe) bugs present in current version of the mod
- new maps
- new vehicles

And that's it. When I would tell eberything, and then it won['t be in the next patch, everyone will be like "What?!? And ypu promised us this and that!!!" and shitsorms like that. It's because of that, that there is a little secrecy.

PR does this all the time, I don't see anyone complaining.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 30-09-2013, 22:09:57 »
Fuck PR and FH2 comparisons.