Author Topic: Development progress?  (Read 29366 times)

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
Re: Development progress?
« Reply #195 on: 11-08-2013, 12:08:15 »
Like I said, 90 % of the time it doesn't happen, and when it does in 50 % of the cases it can be attributed to other factors (lag, connection, crappy bf2 hit detection). Now if that 5 % of the cases bother you so much, you have much more serious problems than this.

You will not see me argument with percentage values, unless I have tested it.
So where do you take these "90% not happening" from? Have you tested anything? Have you fired 100 shots and only seen it bounce off in 10? I hardly believe that.

It is more frequent, that those unlogic effects occur. Take the time, try it out and then give me the percentage if you like, I'll be happy to discuss that. But don't throw around arbitrary percentages, please. That is not helpful.
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 11-08-2013, 12:08:34 »
^ Alright, I'll do some testing today and get back with some less arbitrary numbers. But we all know that the issue is often bf2 engine and crappy network code, which can be very hard to reproduce on local or an empty server.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Gotkai

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 11-08-2013, 12:08:36 »
I played hundreds and thousands of hours with patch 2.25-2.4 on the same server without any of the mentioned problems.
How do you explain this? Server stays the same and no problems including all the patches before. And now with 2.45 the server inflicts the problems? Seriously?

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #198 on: 11-08-2013, 13:08:47 »
We do have 1 test server runnning. You can ofc stop by on our TS and then we can have some tryouts, if you like.
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 11-08-2013, 13:08:08 »
I played hundreds and thousands of hours with patch 2.25-2.4 on the same server without any of the mentioned problems.
How do you explain this? Server stays the same and no problems including all the patches before. And now with 2.45 the server inflicts the problems? Seriously?

Yes but since 2.25 things have changed dramatically. Sometimes changing one variable can have tremendous impact.

We do have 1 test server runnning. You can ofc stop by on our TS and then we can have some tryouts, if you like.

That would be nice, yes. But first we need some agreement on the terminology (as I feel this could be the root of our disagreements). For example the term "bounce". What does it mean to you?

I would consider a shot being bounced off if:
 a) The shot didn't inflict any damage
or
 b) The shot inflicted damage that is insignificant  considering the health of the vehicle (maybe up to 1/3rd of the bar)

So when Mudzin for example says "my Cromwell bounced off a Tiger shot". Does that mean that the Tiger failed to damage him at all? Because if it did that is a serious problem. And if it didn't then on what range it happened? For as I can tell there might be nothing wrong with the tank system if we look at it from the devs point of view.

Of course, if we look at from the player's point of view, many of whom still have fresh memories of killing everything at any range frontally, then it's broken, as that is not possible to do anymore.

EDIT: some quick local testing reveals that the most bothersome part of the tanking system changed in 2.45 might be the damage over distance modifier, combined with the increased deviation of the shots.

On Totalize, Tiger vs Cromwell, frontally:

Range Angle  Shots  1-hit-kills  critical(red)  damage  no penetration
200 m  90  5  4  1  -  -
350 m  90  5  1  3  1  -

Of course these results are on a small sample and with no confirmation on where the shots actually landed, as that is very hard to do alone on a local server. I might do some testing with Odium in the afternoon so we'll post more relevant results.
« Last Edit: 11-08-2013, 14:08:49 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 11-08-2013, 13:08:11 »
Obviously the problem isn't on 762s end, that isn't even possible.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 11-08-2013, 14:08:44 »
Again, it seems like you want everyone to think exactly like you, and all others are "not understanding", but OK, I'll bite: what exactly is the question? You pose several, so which one is also for me?

I don't want to to make everyone think like me. If I see strong arguments, I can change my mind aswell - but as you see, Korsakov and Chad fail quite hard to base their opinion on strong arguments and Korsakov even applied as the FH2 forum poster of the year.

Both want to have the invincible biker ingame, wich is a cheat so my question to them and you was:
Should we encourage people to use cheats?

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 11-08-2013, 14:08:56 »
By "bouncing off" I meant that it didn't make any damage at all! And the distance was 100 m? Not sure, but it was quite close...

Did devs try to implement such feature that depending on length a tank will take different damage?

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 11-08-2013, 14:08:43 »
Guys, does anyone of you really expect that a dev will gladly read and answer in the thread mostly containing "The mod is dead", "You're an idiot - No, you're an idiot", "I spent X cm online and you spent X/1000 cm online", undoubtfully very informed opinions on how many days/months/years it takes to finish a map, and shocking relevations that Korsakov had dirrect relationship to the re-election of Mr. Bush? It especially amuses me that I counted 5 beta-testers fighting each other on the previous page.

Before you continue, please consider the following:
- The invulnerable bike riders are fixed in the internal beta, as long as tanks mgunners and AT gunners.
- The objective mode is fixed in the internal beta.
- Ticket bleeds are fixed in the internal beta, at least the ticket bugs the devs know about.
Add here a bunch of other, less controversial, bugs fixed.

Also I'd like to specifically adress x4fun ODIUM:

Get ready to be patronised and told it's all in your imagination.

My personal 2.45 best-of:
"K98 has no added deviation. The SMLE is not better."
It may surprise you, but deviations of K98 and SMLE are identical in 2.45 (I chose only that part because it really takes mere seconds to check this).

But for how long do you guys know now, that these issues exist? Not a tiny hotfix in so long a time.
A tiny hotfix is not possible ATM. There are so many changes, that it's either a full blown patch or nothing.

Fact check: We [762] do not mod the game server sided. Oh sorry, yes we did. We fixed the objective mode on our servers. Sorry.
No, you didn't. At least that's not what I saw a month ago on your Anctoville. The map is broken, probably more than in vFH2.45.

And x4fun, could you slightly lessen the "762 is the only remaining stronghold of the mod" attitude, "it's as if they [the devs] want the game to fail" (a direct quote of another 762 admin from your forum)? Personally, I have nothing against 762, I played for 192 hours on your servers and still remember my debuting online rounds there. But what you and that "another 762 admin" constantly repeat here and there makes me somewhat unwilling to talk and cooperate with you two guys.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #204 on: 11-08-2013, 14:08:54 »
Please check your facts Gavrant. As of yesterday, we could play Anctoville. Before we made the alterations, that was not possible. Because objects did NOT appear. Now the stars sometimes stay on the map, yes. But the necessary next objects appear ingame and can be destroyed. That is what matters.

On the K98 I might be wrong. So it is just me having a hard time hitting with it. Agreed.

You can give clear names, I have no problem with being contradicted, Gavrant.
I have not put the said "attitude" out here. It is when I get people claiming things that are not true, where I do contradict.

- such as "broken ranking" (not true)
- such as "angle mod is a [762] problem" (not true)
- we ban so many players that it kills the mod (not true)

EDIT: As of today there are 9 players banned on [762] for 2 or 4 weeks (repeated TK, smacktard, etc.)

There are about 70 others that are permanently banned for reasons such as Racism, Cheating and Hacking our servers. For example a certain Swizz person "lollercauster" who hacked Team Cont@ct, HSLAN and us in the past for example. Some of the bans we took over from PR servers when the hack was proven. Every player who feels himself unjustly treated can complain in our forums and expect a polite answer.

It is the problem that some people are good at dishing out accusations but quite bad when it comes to taking facts. When you read my posts you will see that in the majority of cases I try to give facts to underline my points. I do not have any problems with other servers coming up for competition. I would love to have HSLAN back or more players on VBIOS. But that is nothing I have a hand in.
« Last Edit: 11-08-2013, 14:08:31 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 11-08-2013, 14:08:33 »
Thanks Gavrant for the post I was waiting for. Tell me also what is the status with fixing the angle mod/meshes or whataver which is responsible for this bugs relating to tanking?

Offline Defibkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 11-08-2013, 15:08:00 »
There are about 70 others that are permanently banned for reasons such as Cheating 

Why did you make the biggest cheat in FH2 (UniqueMck24) one of your server Admins, when you had previously banned him for such cheating?

..you know, one of the few good things to come out of the broken tank combat in 2.45 (because camping in tanks is all that cheating scumbag ever did),  is that it seems to have even pissed him off so much, he no longer plays.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #207 on: 11-08-2013, 15:08:04 »
There is another thread where we have discussed and answered that in all length, Defib.
I will not answer to that anymore, it has all been said.

@LuckyOne, server is up and running, should have all maps "[762] Custom Maps".
Just stop by or give me a PM when the time is right for you that week.
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 11-08-2013, 15:08:53 »
Gavrant, there is a line between fighting and discussing. As long as we don't call each other names I have no problem with it and I don't think that the other beta testers or participants have a problem with it either, because people keep discussing and are interrested in the subject as you see, otherwise it would be damn quiet. Atleast that's how we do it, where I come from. I don't know whether you call a discussion with different opinions fighting? We even learn this in school. As a long as it stays clean - and I think it is atm - I see no problem.

That you say that Anctoville is more broken than in 2.45v is just plain wrong and not true. That's a fact, as we removed it from the rotation, because it got stuck. With the current fixes Neo and Knalli made it possible to get it back into the rotation atleast so that people could play the objective mode aswell. See, that's a chain of facts and argumentation.

Furthermore: why don't you have the strenght to say the names of people, who you don't want to cooperate with? We deal alot with people who don't share the same opinion, we discuss and we can take critics and feedback. We won't go mad, just because you say that you don't like person XYZ.
Odium has a good point: as long as people come up with their wild speculations, we can defend 762. We get alot of hard words from people like Korsakov, but nothing based on FACTS, and that is the point where we start to take part in the discussion. Because we will not accept, that people spread their lies about us.

Next to this I would like to state, that the biggest part of the active community is not posting here in this forum: people from Team Cont@ct for example and a big part of the 762 admin team, aswell as many other players and longtimers who share the same opinion. We are trying to communicate the problems that we see in our daily contact with the players and bring this to the devs. I don't know whether this is something that we should be ashamed of or not. The mainreason, why we are so stubborn and try to push and motivate the devs, is to keep the mod alive, nothing else. I understand that we can get a "bit" annoying from time to time, but it would be sad to see this mod dying sooner than later just because of failed communication.

Offline Defibkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 11-08-2013, 16:08:23 »
There is another thread where we have discussed and answered that in all length, Defib.

Really..where?

I will not answer to that anymore, it has all been said.

Why..because you don't like being reminded of making a cheat a server admin?

I don't care what he told you, once a cheat, always a cheat.