Author Topic: Development progress?  (Read 29368 times)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Development progress?
« Reply #165 on: 10-08-2013, 12:08:09 »
No, I don't want to become a beta-tester. I just want to get more information (I bet community too), on what devs are working currently, what bugs were fixed, what changes relating to gameplay are planned, etc. If devs want to hold the information about maps, just to surprise us in the end, fine, I can accept this, but other things should be open for the community. If you gave such information, people would see that this mod isn't dead and such threads like this would never appear...  ::)

The thing is, they tried give us some insight with the devblogs, but as manpower is short they don't really have time to write devblogs all day if they want to get things done. I'd rather have them working on stuff and me not knowing about it than spending their hours writing blogs for our amusement.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 10-08-2013, 12:08:37 »
Do you want to tell me that encouraging people to go god mode on bikes is something that is not worth of being fixed?
I like "god mode" on bikes, if its removed, i'll never use them again, they'll just become a death trap and may as well be removed at that point.
Yeah, I agree with that. It might even be difficult to fix as well, needing to redo the way bikes work.

I understand that you guys like going godmode, because it is a cheat  ::)
Both of you simply don't get the point at all. We had bikes as a nice gimmick before 2.45 aswell - working good and people used it for shits and gigles. So did they got removed? - I don't think so. Is it impossible to fix? - No. So what's next? Tankers going godmode? Pilots going godmode? You both simply miss the whole problem.
« Last Edit: 10-08-2013, 12:08:17 by 5hitm4k3r »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 10-08-2013, 12:08:55 »
No, I don't want to become a beta-tester. I just want to get more information (I bet community too), on what devs are working currently, what bugs were fixed, what changes relating to gameplay are planned, etc. If devs want to hold the information about maps, just to surprise us in the end, fine, I can accept this, but other things should be open for the community. If you gave such information, people would see that this mod isn't dead and such threads like this would never appear...  ::)
Development progress of FH2 was always an internal thing and few guys crying that they don't know current beta status won't change the rules. Become a beta tester if you want to help and see how the newest beta version looks like, that's how it works. If don't want to be helpful in any way, you won't get any information as long as some developer will decide to leak any info for such ungreatful punk like you.

Offline Defibkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 10-08-2013, 13:08:32 »
Development progress of FH2 was always an internal thing and few guys crying that they don't know current beta status won't change the rules. Become a beta tester if you want to help and see how the newest beta version looks like, that's how it works. If don't want to be helpful in any way, you won't get any information as long as some developer will decide to leak any info for such ungreatful punk like you.

Seriously, who'd want to be part of a little club/clique that has arrogant idiots like you as a member.

At the end of the day, your going to be the ones left with a Mod that has no players....clever. ::)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 10-08-2013, 13:08:12 »
Slayer, where am I overreacting?
When Lucky says he has played some rounds and had a good time, he says the game doesn't need fixing in his opinion. Then you assume that he endorses cheating. That is overreacting, imo.

What is a big issue to you, might be only a minor nuisance, or even totally unimportant to others.

Yeah, maybe that "Are you drunk?" was too hard to handle, but my point still stands and shouldn't be that difficult to understand, especialy when you as a beta tester take a look at the current state of the game and what got fixed.
Like I said, I agree with a lot of what you say about the mod, but sometimes it seems like you want everyone to think exactly like you, and all others are "not understanding".

This has nothing to do with different opinions, but logic and consequences and it was not my intention to be offensive. Sorry if it sounded like that.  ;)
I still think that how stuff should be handled in FH2 is everyone's personal opinion, but I appreciate it that it isn't your intention to be offensive. :)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 10-08-2013, 13:08:24 »
Please someone delete or lock  this thread. It creates nothing more than hostility between the officials and the players.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 10-08-2013, 13:08:01 »
Better having some rant in this thread than having this discussion invading every other topic.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 10-08-2013, 18:08:28 »

If you call whole community by "few guys"... No comment...

Sarcastic mode on:
"Ah last version was the best version of this mod at all! Now I can take Cromwell and even Tiger is not big problem for me - his rounds bounce of my armor and I can shoot him by only 2 rounds from side! I'm Allied tanking fanboy, so I'm glad that Sherman can stand multiple shots from 88mm guns! Also Panzerfaust can't do anything to my armor - that's awesome! Or I like becoming godmode by simply taking Halftrack or Truck and all 88 mm rounds will bounce off me or I can ride a bike and cap flags alone and look only how poor guys chasing me from flag to flag, great!"

Am I now "grateful"?

Sarcastic mode off

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 10-08-2013, 19:08:41 »
If you call whole community by "few guys"... No comment...
It's not the whole community  ::)  It is more than a few guys, I agree, but it is not the whole community.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 10-08-2013, 19:08:39 »
I've never had a 88mm or seen a 88mm AP shell bounce off a Sherman or a truck. Forgive me but I just need to check, are you sure you play this game? This one, Forgotten Hope 2 version 2.45?

Offline Gotkai

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 10-08-2013, 19:08:56 »
Are you sure you play 2.45?
There were times when i needed 3 hits with a Tiger in the back of a Sherman. More than 1 time. Yes, he is playing 2.45.
But btw. i have never seen you on any server. Do you use another nick in game?

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #176 on: 10-08-2013, 20:08:26 »
I've never had a 88mm or seen a 88mm AP shell bounce off a Sherman or a truck. Forgive me but I just need to check, are you sure you play this game? This one, Forgotten Hope 2 version 2.45?

Yeah I've also never had a problem like that when spending a nice night with Christina Aguilera at the club.
Oh... wait...
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 10-08-2013, 20:08:57 »
Maybe trying to communicate without sarcasm would help a bit, after all it is possible that not everyone has had the same experience during the game.

So wondering whether other people are playing the same game is a bit of a dead end, don't you all think?

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #178 on: 10-08-2013, 20:08:37 »
The question that stands is whether Korsakov can tell of the frequency that bugs occur with when he does not play public that much.

http://www.762-ranking.de/fh2stats/?page=playerstats&pid=239960543&ln=en

That makes his opinion in the matter less significant, because with more time spent in a game the probability of errors being seen rises.

He also speaks of "half assed admins" at [762] whereas it is highly doubtful that he has ever taken the time to read any of our forums or contact any of our admins directly about a problem he had on our servers.

So out of my experience with him I dare to not take his quick responses to factual matters very serious.

There Slayer, one post completely free of sarcasm, just for you.
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 10-08-2013, 21:08:22 »
Do the things I've said only once and many months ago still bother you after all this time? That's good to know, and quite hilarious! Fact is, I play every other week, just not on 762, as I have been doing ever since 2.45 came out.
There were times when i needed 3 hits with a Tiger in the back of a Sherman. More than 1 time. Yes, he is playing 2.45.
I'm willing to bet that this is on 762's end since the people who notice it the most here seem to frequent that place. It just adds to the many reasons that I stay away from there.