Author Topic: Development progress?  (Read 29584 times)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Development progress?
« Reply #150 on: 09-08-2013, 19:08:20 »
After a few rounds on the pub server I realized the game doesn't need fixing at all. The community on the other hand, does. Teamwork non existing, people TKing in main, asset hoarders, people derping around in Citroens, and of course the endless stream of whiners that are constantly typing "they should fix this, they should fix that".

I guess I still have F|H, and it's good that I do.

Over and out.

EDIT: Also, this is my post #2000 and that has to mean something :P
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #151 on: 09-08-2013, 19:08:48 »
Come on LuckyOne,

not so black and white please. If they tk for fun, type !admins and let us know.

If 20 people wait for 1 tank, that is their own loss. Derping around in Citroens, well I guess that is what they built it into FH2 for. Personally I love the signal horn and cross country performance before the flame out :P. Whining, well that must be the Germans on the server, we are grumpy in general. ;)

Other than that, join a squad of which you can see the SL is no newbie (at least a First Sgt., that is what the ranking is there for), you will feel the difference. Join the Teamspeak and say hello.

I know it is not a tournament, but that is what we do have F|H and WaW for. Public is for the quick fix in the evenings, so it's normal the tactical discipline is not that high.
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 09-08-2013, 20:08:09 »
After a few rounds on the pub server I realized the game doesn't need fixing at all.

Are you drunk? There is a reason why we lost so many longtimers with the last patch and there is certainly a reason why developers are still fixing and improving things. I want FH2 to be a nice game experience with a strong playerbase for a few more years to come and I am damn sure that most of the devs share this feeling. So 2.45 as it stands now, is certainly not the right way to go. FH2's strength of the past was it's historical accuracy and the game that we currently play is not like that. You can drive a Sherman quite careless into PAK positions and that's not historical accurate. It needs fixing and I think alot of people agree on this point.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 09-08-2013, 21:08:26 »
Are you drunk?
No, he simply has a different opinion.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 10-08-2013, 00:08:34 »
So people going godmode on bikes is the way to go and will be still available in the next version of FH2? Sometimes thinking before writing helps alot. And maybe you should check what got fixed in the current beta. This has nothing to do with opinion or not, it is mandatory for proper gameplay ::)

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 10-08-2013, 00:08:59 »
How can I check what was changed in the current beta? When testing is closed for the veteran gamers and community doesn't know what's the status....  ::)

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 10-08-2013, 01:08:04 »
So people going godmode on bikes is the way to go and will be still available in the next version of FH2?

I should hope so, it always makes for a good laugh.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 10-08-2013, 01:08:13 »
How can I check what was changed in the current beta? When testing is closed for the veteran gamers and community doesn't know what's the status....  ::)

Just apply as a tester and see what happens. But I guess you will have to change your tone a bit.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 10-08-2013, 01:08:24 »
So people going godmode on bikes is the way to go and will be still available in the next version of FH2?
No, of course not, who says that?
Sometimes thinking before writing helps alot.
Same goes for you: you really go overboard sometimes when someone hasn't got the same opinion as you have. And you said hoistilities would get us nowhere, but ou are also somewhat hostile to people with a different opinion. What you think is uber important, might be only a minor nuisance to someone else.

About my thinking before writing: I don't even state my opinion here, but for the record, it is not far from yours. It is just that you overreact to people who don't think like you and you should be careful with that. That's why I emphasized he was only giving his opinion instead of "being drunk".

And what got fixed and all: I know that, but still, nothing is "mandatory". By stating stuff like that you come across like you want to enforce your opinion on others. Not the way to go, imo.

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 10-08-2013, 02:08:31 »

Just apply as a tester and see what happens. But I guess you will have to change your tone a bit.

I personally hope he will never be one of us. Seriously, he's annoying as hell with his disrespectful tone...
Anyway, it's doesn't work like that. So...

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 10-08-2013, 02:08:37 »
Slayer, where am I overreacting? Lucky stated that the game doesn't need fixing at all. Do you want to tell me that encouraging people to go god mode on bikes is something that is not worth of being fixed? If the game doesn't get fixed at all, as Lucky stated, people will allways abuse this. Ofcourse it leads to some funny moments, but at the end such stuff doesn't belong into any game, because it is nothing different than a cheat. Yeah, maybe that "Are you drunk?" was too hard to handle, but my point still stands and shouldn't be that difficult to understand, especialy when you as a beta tester take a look at the current state of the game and what got fixed.

This has nothing to do with different opinions, but logic and consequences and it was not my intention to be offensive. Sorry if it sounded like that.  ;)

@Alakazou: as much as I understand your point and share your opinion about this special case, I see it as a big advantage if the community would get involved a bit more. If you communicate with people you can educate each other and then at the end the harsh tone might fade away. Atm it feels splitted a bit like elite people and the rest of the community. But that's only my personal impression.
« Last Edit: 10-08-2013, 02:08:49 by 5hitm4k3r »

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 10-08-2013, 03:08:26 »
I'm not against community involvement, but those like mudzin, I can't feel them. The dev owe nothing to the community and the community should be greatful for what the Fh2 team did. It was what I was meant to say.

What the community should remember is to behave with respect.

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 10-08-2013, 05:08:28 »
Do you want to tell me that encouraging people to go god mode on bikes is something that is not worth of being fixed?
I like "god mode" on bikes, if its removed, i'll never use them again, they'll just become a death trap and may as well be removed at that point.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 10-08-2013, 06:08:49 »
Do you want to tell me that encouraging people to go god mode on bikes is something that is not worth of being fixed?
I like "god mode" on bikes, if its removed, i'll never use them again, they'll just become a death trap and may as well be removed at that point.
Yeah, I agree with that. It might even be difficult to fix as well, needing to redo the way bikes work.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 10-08-2013, 11:08:32 »

No, I don't want to become a beta-tester. I just want to get more information (I bet community too), on what devs are working currently, what bugs were fixed, what changes relating to gameplay are planned, etc. If devs want to hold the information about maps, just to surprise us in the end, fine, I can accept this, but other things should be open for the community. If you gave such information, people would see that this mod isn't dead and such threads like this would never appear...  ::)