Author Topic: Development progress?  (Read 29532 times)

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
Re: Development progress?
« Reply #135 on: 08-08-2013, 02:08:28 »
 Wow you guys bitch and complain more than a group of women at a PMS meeting...

I think its about time for ole' Jimi to head on down the road and find another game & community to be apart of....

Its been fun, rude, egotistical, arrogant, very biased & finally patronizing. Ill stop by from time to time, but it will be very sporadic.

I want to say one more last thing
I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time
I'll give it right back to ya one of these days

Hahaha

Later......JH

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 08-08-2013, 02:08:34 »
You can't be serious... you're leaving because of this?

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 08-08-2013, 03:08:04 »
Dont go, it is fun playing FH2 with you!

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 08-08-2013, 03:08:09 »
Oh no, one of the drama queens is leaving because of overwhelming emotional pressure. At the end you will show up like everyday because you are addicted to it  ;D

To be serious, Wilhelm made a quite good post and that's how I see it too. The last active step in developement is from a week ago or something like that. I feel that there is still some (forgotten) hope ...

@Pizzaman: deleting this thread will lead to nothing. It is just a part of this community.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 08-08-2013, 13:08:37 »
Wasn´t the range modifier what fucked things up? On short distances problems don´t occur very often, however beyond 100m or so is where the randomness starts.

I know that the modifier and angle mod work as intended, but did you really prefer the randomness and unkillable medium tanks on every map to the occasional top armor kill on Tigers? Imo you chose the bigger of two evils.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Erwin

• Admin of CMP-Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Collaborative Multiplayer Gaming
« Reply #140 on: 08-08-2013, 16:08:33 »
Well it doesn't really matter. If you remove angle mod people will start "heavier tanks are bullshit bla bla bla."

When they can't kill a Sherman with Tiger they will start bitching about "this is ridiculous this is a Sherman not a KT bla bla bla. "

You can't please everyone and I say with minor fixes to the angle mod this could become playable. For example we made a little fix for Cromwell in our tournament that turned out to be perfect.

- It's still up!
- No it ain't.

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 08-08-2013, 17:08:27 »
Just play the game and don't look at the forums, it's the best way to avoid being disheartened by this community.

It's no wonder why devs barely ever post on here, all they see is their work getting shit on by people who have no idea of the complexity of making a mod, let alone making a mod bug-free. A good deal of you need to a) stop being so entitled and realise that the devs that are left do this in their free time, b) realise that it's pretty likely that there are so little devs left because of this comparatively unsupportive community and  c) realise that the best way to change something is to change it yourself i.e. start learning the bf2 editor and help the developers out. But I digress because I feel that the damage has been done and it may or may not only be downhill from here. However, what has been achieved so far with this mod, the quality at very least, speaks for itself and I still look forward to at least another release.
« Last Edit: 08-08-2013, 17:08:30 by titsmcgee852 »

Offline Jupp-FH1/2

• If you are unsure how to proceed, shoot again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 08-08-2013, 19:08:31 »
I thought the original intent was to make a game that was as close as possible to reality. In FH1 you could bounce shells off Heavy tanks all day long and a Tiger could take out a Sherman at any angle almost as far as the eyes could see.

The quality of the models, textures, mapping can't be questioned. However, they may have over-engineered the game mechanics a bit. If someone doesn't know that you can't charge into a Tiger with a Sherman and live, it's not our fault.

The only real gripe I have is the way vehicles handle, something has to be done to correct the sluggish response to commands. The turret rotation thing also need a fix. It has totally broken gameplay with tanks. It's sad to see all tank combat suffer because some players might be able to acquire targets quickly by upping sensitivity.

Some sort of indication that these issues will be remedied at some point would ease the nerves quite a bit.
Los Los Los

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 08-08-2013, 21:08:17 »
If someone doesn't know that you can't charge into a Tiger with a Sherman and live, it's not our fault.

I'm sorry but now you're acting like this sentence doesn't hold in the game anymore....

98 % of the time when you charge a Tiger with a Sherman (75 mm - percentage is a bit less for 76, which is ok, as it does have a better gun) you'll end up dead. Sure, you might bounce the first shot (through some divine intervention, as I wouldn't call ending up in the red part of the damage-bar a bounce), but the second one will surely kill you.

People are acting up like they should be untouchable in the Tiger/whatever but we all know, even in FH 1 a Firefly would kill a Tiger - first shot! If anything the Tiger has a bigger advantage now as it there's a chance to survive the Firefly's ambush and return fire...

Although I have an idea (an old one). And that's bringing the critical damage bleed back (afaik it was in vBF2 and we already discussed it). That could solve the whining of Axis biased people of "unkillable Shermans" (although they are very killable, just not always with 1 shot, which is an instant blasphemy in the eyes of any Axis fanboy).

With the critical damage bleed a Sherman that is hit could still return fire, but if timed right he would burn up before he could do it effectively. The same goes for other tanks.
« Last Edit: 08-08-2013, 21:08:25 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 08-08-2013, 22:08:21 »
Tanks should be 1s1k (if it penetrates), regardless of who is shooting who. Like it always was (with small exceptions) before 2.45
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 08-08-2013, 22:08:10 »
I'm sure there's a tank thread where you can tank specific things in.

Offline Jupp-FH1/2

• If you are unsure how to proceed, shoot again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 09-08-2013, 15:08:12 »
(although they are very killable, just not always with 1 shot, which is an instant blasphemy in the eyes of any Axis fanboy).

I guess asking for tank combat to be close to reality makes me an axis fanboy. That's where this mod went wrong, tweaking tank combat so CoD kids could charge into combat and not cry when they got smoked with one shot.

The firefly should also be able to kill the Tiger with one shot. Like in FH1 the Firefly is the tank killer and needs to be protected from inf and smaller tanks by the allied team so he can go about killing heavies. Which is pretty much how things were in WW2.

This is straight off of wiki :  "It soon became highly valued as the only British tank capable of defeating the Panther and Tiger tanks it faced in Normandy at standard combat ranges. In recognition of this, German tank and anti-tank gun crews were instructed to attack Fireflies first."

The mod has been so heavily influenced by some Carebear let's make it easy for everyone so no one hates our mod attitude, that it's created a broken tanking system that is just plain boring and equally frustrating.

If you want to know how tanks should behave, go play FH1. Those devs weren't constantly trying to please a playerbase with no knowledge of WW2 tanks tactics.
Los Los Los

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #147 on: 09-08-2013, 15:08:20 »
[...] Carebear let's make it easy for everyone so no one hates our mod attitude, that it's created a broken tanking system that is just plain boring and equally frustrating.

If you want to know how tanks should behave, go play FH1.[...]

I could not have put it much better. The tanking system as it played, handled and felt in FH0.7 and FH2.4 created lots of the Forgotten Hope fascination that kept players with a taste for realism (Non-BF3/COD fans) coming back. It made FH2 a real alternative to off-the-shelf or 08/15-games that are on the market today.
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 09-08-2013, 18:08:50 »
Yeah that's true, standard Sherman needs 2 shots from side to take out a Tiger from side in this version, and Tiger also needs 2 shots (sometimes more) to take this funny Sherman...  ::)

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 09-08-2013, 19:08:17 »
Shit's all been fixed in next patch. Motherfucking tiger come play out of the woods Shermans going to break down in nuts and bolts without one shot fired.
Yáll happy now.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)