Author Topic: Development progress?  (Read 29517 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Development progress?
« Reply #105 on: 06-08-2013, 23:08:44 »
Lighhtning just explained to you that angle mod works like intended.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 06-08-2013, 23:08:44 »
Not working? Tanks get destroyed as far as i know right? What is wrong is with you, you cant stand a bit of randomness in the tank battles. Is it too much for your skill to not be able to tell if you're really gonna kill a tank or not? Well tough fucking luck because thats how it was and still is in tank battles today. You cant know if you will kill a tank or not. I like the tanking system and i had no problems with it.

Troubles with the controls? I got none because i am using a gamepad. If you like tanking so much you can do the same, or use arrow keys which are available too.

Is tanking too hard for you? Stick to infantry.

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 06-08-2013, 23:08:57 »
..did anybody delete my post from previous page?

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 07-08-2013, 01:08:29 »
Yeah, because 88mm rounds bounced off Sherman's side...  ::)
And Cromwell was uber heavy tank for Allies...
And Churchill could won 1 vs 1 against tiger frontally...

And many more...

Btw Bouras, is that you're account - click Seems like you played this game in 2011 last time. Maybe it's high time to install it again and check how it is in reality...  ::)

Offline EpicFoodEpic

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 07-08-2013, 01:08:09 »

Ehh.. the thread's name was also changed.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 07-08-2013, 01:08:04 »

Only three posts in the deleted threads/posts section, none of them is yours. What was your post about? Was it this:

Agreed. People tend to forget that they are enjoying the hard work of people who put in effort and time to create something for free. Constructive criticism should be and i think always was welcome, but being a bitch about everything that shatters your little special world is just not helpful for anybody

---

Ehh.. the thread's name was also changed.

Why does your IP give me two separate accounts (1,2)?

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 07-08-2013, 05:08:01 »
Just get it straight, certain devs don't like the traditional FH tanking system and think it's overly leathal, instead they prefer the one in 2.45, that's why it's so hard to get a tweak patch, or "fix". I'm not an expert of BF2 coding but I'm sure it doesn't take a year to tweak back the damage modifier, what happened in 2.45 is intended. So it's a good idea for 762 to reopen a 2.4 server and let the player chose.

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 07-08-2013, 09:08:50 »
Meh, I'm more than happy with 2.45 to be honest. Developing a game like FH2 is a shitload of work and when fixing one bug, it's possible you create another. That's just how it is. You can complain about it, but better would be to try to help fix things, instead of just point and stare.

Back on topic, I do wonder how development is going. Not asking for a release date or anything, just wonder if the developers can shed a tiny bit of light on FH2.x

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 07-08-2013, 10:08:42 »
@Flippy nah that's not it but nevermind probably a bug then

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 07-08-2013, 11:08:22 »

No but they did went straight through both sides sometimes, causing little damage.

The problem with the Cromwell is the collision mesh I think, especially those small rivets on the turret. Otherwise it works ok.

Of course, and as a matter of fact it did:

On 21 April 1943, a Tiger I of the 504th German heavy tank battalion, with turret number 131, was captured on a hill called Djebel Djaffa in Tunisia. A 6-pounder solid shot from a Churchill tank of the British 48th Royal Tank Regiment hit the Tiger's gun barrel and ricocheted into its turret ring, jamming its traverse and wounding the commander. The crew bailed out and the tank was captured.. After repairs, the tank was sent to England for a thorough inspection.

And many more...

Namely?

Btw Bouras, is that you're account - click Seems like you played this game in 2011 last time. Maybe it's high time to install it again and check how it is in reality...  ::)

I'm sure he has several accounts, and he prefers to play official, not the "broken" 762 ranking. I can confirm he played in 2012 AND 2013 as we played in the F|H campaigns together.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #115 on: 07-08-2013, 11:08:04 »
not the "broken" 762 ranking.

It is no more broken than the "official" one. But keep repeating that nonsense as long as you please.
The thread is about some other questions.
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline E.C.Dhals

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 07-08-2013, 11:08:52 »
I remember the first time that i try fh1, it was epic, the best ww2 game i have ever played, and i have 700-1500 hours on fh1
wean bf2 came out, i was still playing fh1, and i continued to play until fh2 came out.
fh2 was the only thing in my mind when i bought bf2.
i was very disappointed with fh2.
were is the epic maps from fh1?, Artillery is too accurate and too easy, shooting is a lottery in best bf2 style, in fh1 you hit what you aim at, were is the Atmosphere from fh1?
tanks frankly feels awkward, they are not as smooth as in fh1, it feels like sitting on your porch and drive the house around.
You cant get a big community with this game, pepole try it, and leve, because it is a bad game compared with fh1.
i love ww2 games, and i hope that forgotten hope returns to its former glory, then i will play it again.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 07-08-2013, 11:08:33 »
not the "broken" 762 ranking.

It is no more broken than the "official" one. But keep repeating that nonsense as long as you please.
The thread is about some other questions.

If you didn't realize I put "" in there so it wasn't meant seriously. 762 is fine, I just wish it was possible to track both of them at once because that would solve the community split, but I guess the strain on the server machine would be too great.

I apologize if you feel offended.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #118 on: 07-08-2013, 11:08:13 »
Thank you, I have misunderstood you there.
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 07-08-2013, 11:08:49 »

No but they did went straight through both sides sometimes, causing little damage.

Ahaha, I laughed so hard when I read this!

The problem with the Cromwell is the collision mesh I think, especially those small rivets on the turret. Otherwise it works ok.

Yeah, sure, apart that 88mm rounds bounce off its armor, it's ok, we can play with it...  ::)

Of course, and as a matter of fact it did:

On 21 April 1943, a Tiger I of the 504th German heavy tank battalion, with turret number 131, was captured on a hill called Djebel Djaffa in Tunisia. A 6-pounder solid shot from a Churchill tank of the British 48th Royal Tank Regiment hit the Tiger's gun barrel and ricocheted into its turret ring, jamming its traverse and wounding the commander. The crew bailed out and the tank was captured.. After repairs, the tank was sent to England for a thorough inspection.

Simply lucky shot, 1 for million, rather impossible to repeat in this game...

And many more...

Namely?
Tank rounds bounce off APCs, trucks, and generally angle mod is broken completetely now, a few days ago I fired to Panzer IV frontally with my M36 and there was no penetration at all? Seems like you must have more luck than skill in this game now... 

I'm sure he has several accounts, and he prefers to play official, not the "broken" 762 ranking. I can confirm he played in 2012 AND 2013 as we played in the F|H campaigns together.

I don't remember any other active server since 2 years than 762... And tournaments doesn't count!