Author Topic: Operation Cobra flag problem  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
Operation Cobra flag problem
« on: 29-07-2010, 16:07:17 »
When you play Op Cobra, sometimes the farm and the train station flag (I haven't seen it at another flag, but maybe happens there, too.) can't be captured by the US. The flag on the pole appears to be US, but on the map the flag still belongs to the germans. So the germans still can spawn but the americans can't take the flag. When the american evidence is killed, the germans can cap the flag. It goes white and when the cap is complete, it is "really" german and it is cappable for the US again.

Neither I have taken a screenshot (I will do, when I see it next time), nor I recognized the conditions, when or why this happens.

Still I haven't read anything about this bug, although I surf the forum quite frequently. So i decided to post.

<off topic>
This is my first post, hello guys!
</off topic>

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
Re: Operation Cobra flag problem
« Reply #1 on: 29-07-2010, 16:07:08 »
Welcome to the forums :)

This is the flagbug, it pops up on many flags on many maps and sofar the only fix is to leave the flag area and wait to recap.

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-08-2010, 13:08:49 »
I know, that this is a known Bf2 Bug and i have seen it before in vBF, but it was very very rare.

It happens quite often on cobra, so there might be something differences to other maps, which cause this problem, so it finally can be solved.

This two screenshots are from two differents rounds of cobra I played yesterday. And both times it happened!

EDIT:

Today I saw this:

Just thinking about, most times when it happens the spawn-apcs are around and Cobra is one of the maps, which has spawn-apcs. Could there be a connection?
« Last Edit: 06-08-2010, 17:08:47 by Oberst »

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-08-2010, 16:08:51 »
nope, it happens on other maps aswell, it's 100 percent random.

We can't trigger it to happen so we can't solve either.

But please, don't let this rare bug kill your FH2 experience, just force your team out and let them recharge  :)

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-08-2010, 20:08:29 »
So it is like it is, when it happens randomly and you can't solve it, then I won't post in this thread again.
But as I said, it seems for ME, it happens A LOT more at cobra at farm, then on any other map or occasion. And I have played a lot of Battlefield, but I have never seen it that much.

Nevertheless, thanks for your replies, maybe one day I will find a solveable bug, but I hope not, as most of the bugs get fixed before.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-08-2010, 22:08:20 »
The flagbug is being triggered by a player who previously had been in the opposite team, I believe. It correlates with the red tag bug. A player has been switched, appears to be integrated into his team properly, but got still a red tag and is internally still kept as opposite. The red tag has been fixed as a symptom of the problem, but the bug is still deep inside the engine.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom