Author Topic: Inefficiency of the 75mm/L48  (Read 26696 times)

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
Re: Inefficiency of the 75mm/L48
« Reply #45 on: 23-07-2012, 19:07:52 »
Panther shotting Shermans is something like this pic:

It doesn't need to be "random factor", damage lowered over range whatsoever, it just need to be unconditionally one shot killed, otherwise it's bugged or being overly arcade. The gameplay experience may "improved" for the guy in Sherman but ruins the experience twice for the guy in Panther. Same thing goes for other situations like firefly shotting Stug to the front or Tiger to the side.

Offline Gotkai

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 23-07-2012, 19:07:24 »
Seriously. Today i experienced following situations.
1. I survived 3(!) hits from a Panther in a Cromwell at very close range. Just to drive in his flank and killed it with a single shot.

2. Same round i drove a tiger. Shot a Sherman in his flank and he survived. Not enough. He was not even burning. 8,8cm in the side from a Sherman at maybe 50m. This is ridicoulous.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 23-07-2012, 19:07:14 »
I have to say, that I am also a bit dissapointed now with the overall changes made. It isn't a matter of bias for one side IMO. One thing I liked the most about FH2 in the previous versions was the quiet realistic representation of tank combat - ofcourse with the limits of this engine in mind and some bugs.

Now I ask myself - what is the direction, you are heading to with the development? Do you want to make this game arcade like as any other 08/15 shooter or do you want to make it an historical accurate and unique experience. Such statements like "Longrange combat was nerfed" are pure BS.

If a PIVH can penetrate a Sherman M4A1 to turret and hull within 500 metres with ease, then it should be represented like this in this game and same goes for the PAK 40. The combat ranges are mostly under 500 metres in FH2. The Panther is a joke atm and not represented as one of the best, if not the best tank of WWII. Two shots to the side of a Sherman is simply laughable. If manouvering should be awarded, then give the Allied more tanks and Germans less but in most cases equal or better tanks. The Panther should kill every Sherman with ease in this game - according to this nice calculator also the Jumbo, but it is nothing like this ingame.

To make it arcade like doesn't make this game more interesting. It is quiet the opposite and when I look at the player numbers I am a bit concerned.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #48 on: 23-07-2012, 20:07:15 »
Stop whining about the 2 shots you need with a Panther on the side of a Sherman.

I had to put 4 (in words: FOUR) rounds of my Tiger's 88mm AP rounds into the side of a Sherman.
On a range of 100m. Just saying. Felt a little like Karkand and M1A2 vs. T90 again.
« Last Edit: 23-07-2012, 20:07:53 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 23-07-2012, 21:07:25 »
Thank you all for your feedback. So judging by the comments I think it´s save to say that a majority thinks the new tank combat system is not as good as it used to be. Shermans bounce to many shots. Please consider tweaking it back to 2.4 standards.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 23-07-2012, 22:07:16 »
Thank you all for your feedback. So judging by the comments I think it´s save to say that a majority thinks the new tank combat system is not as good as it used to be. Shermans bounce to many shots. Please consider tweaking it back to 2.4 standards.

I don't think that the shots bouncing off is the key of this problem. The dealt damage is the problem and has to be set up higher for mentioned german guns. The angle mod seems to be improved in my eyes, but the power of the guns is nerfed too much, considering a shot is hitting with success and penetrates the tank in the right angle. Though for the Panther the angle shouldn't be a huge problem with these closes combat ranges. Lets say you sit in a Panther at the bridge at Op. Cobra, then you should be able do kill all Shermans coming from the Farm from almost all angles. The american side on the other hand has the superiority in the amount of tanks and airsupport. Not to forget the 1S1K threat my extremely fast Hellcats and the M10. That's how it should work, but we are far away from this atm.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 23-07-2012, 22:07:28 »
Yeah the damage output is broken, I confused that. Penetrating hits don´t deal enough damage. Just played a game and had two tank engagemetns in my Sherman and both were ridicolous. That has to be a joke, the Jagdpanther hit me twice.

After that a Panzer IV hit me from an ambush to not much effect.

He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline [F|H]Taz18

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #52 on: 23-07-2012, 22:07:42 »

Majority my ass, ~10 people do not make a majority.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #53 on: 23-07-2012, 23:07:02 »
So "Majority my ass". That is your argument against a critique brought up?

I do not know what the majority feels, but we should be able to discuss it constructively
without that kind of comments.
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 23-07-2012, 23:07:11 »
Oh I love anecdotal evidence... Especially when I'm part of it. ^^
That last pic was a Stug 3G with 40% health left. I hit you frontally to the bottom left with an angle of about 40 Degs, so just about over the tracks. And that shot took you down to 30% health... don't see anything wrong there, you'd been dead if my first shot wouldn't have hit that wall which can be seen on your screenshot....

A minute before that engagement I killed a Sherman backing away from me in two shots (he hit me once bringing me down to the before mentioned 40%
« Last Edit: 23-07-2012, 23:07:32 by DLFReporter »
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 23-07-2012, 23:07:05 »
Good I wasn´t even fighting a StuG ... there were a Hetzer and a Panzer IV in the 2nd screenshot. The kill message that involves you 8on the 2nd pic) was you jumping out of a halftrack some seconds before ... If you manage to spawn in 20 secs, grab a tank and drive to that position then I´m really impressed.

I´m out here, made my point clear and wish you all fun.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 23-07-2012, 23:07:03 »
True, I just noticed the position on the map. That tree looked just like my engagement in Oberdorf.
Anyhow, I see your impressed. Bye Butcher!
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 23-07-2012, 23:07:56 »
Majority my ass, ~10 people do not make a majority.
I guess there's quite some arcade-loving betatesters like this one to help produce this joke like tank system.

And maybe ppl in this thread is not enough to represent majority, but you're the absolute minority right here.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 23-07-2012, 23:07:17 »
True, I just noticed the position on the map. That tree looked just like my engagement in Oberdorf.
Anyhow, I see your impressed. Bye Butcher!
The thread, not the game ;). Don´t worry I´m to addicted to the mod.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 23-07-2012, 23:07:57 »
There's constructive criticism and moronic whining.

Guess which is better?
Let mortal heroes sing your fame