Author Topic: Some questions to our developers  (Read 9249 times)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions to our developers
« Reply #15 on: 16-05-2015, 19:05:49 »
Very nice work here. :)

Good luck, I hope we'll get to play the chinese forces someday.

By the way I was wondering if you will focus on tchang kai chek army or on the communists.
Would be great to see a map where the communists fight nationalists
« Last Edit: 16-05-2015, 22:05:50 by jan_kurator »

Offline xinguixi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16-05-2015, 20:05:33 »
Both of them, it's surprising that you understand Chinese history well!
Chiang Kai-shek army were charged with the frontal battlefield in Anti-Japanese war ,  the army of Chinese Communist Party took up the battlefield behind enemy lines , in other words,it's guerrilla war .That's a widely accepted historical perspectives in China. so, we must make both of them in our mini mod and transform the game into a historically accurate , just like fh2.
« Last Edit: 16-05-2015, 20:05:11 by xinguixi »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16-05-2015, 23:05:37 »
If I was you I would focus on 1 map and get that one really right. That doesn't mean details, those arent important in the big scheme of things, but make a proper gameplay plan and look at newer FH2 maps to see how to place statics. Don't go too fancy, for a first map I would recommend a classic conquest layout, two mainbases, 5 flags in the middle. And it might be easier to balance it if you go with the Kuomintang for a start, since they are the more conventional of the chinese forces.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17-05-2015, 00:05:45 »
Chiang Kai-shek army were charged with the frontal battlefield in Anti-Japanese war ,  the army of Chinese Communist Party took up the battlefield behind enemy lines , in other words,it's guerrilla war .That's a widely accepted historical perspectives in China. so, we must make both of them in our mini mod and transform the game into a historically accurate , just like fh2.
It will be difficult to recreate guerilla war in BF2 and I can hardly even imagine communist forces fighting Imperial Japanese Army since Japanese never took Communist as a serious threat, and AFAIK no major battles between them took place. Nationalist took the most of the fight during Second Sino-Japanese War but I would love to see a map from after the Second United Front collapse with Kuomintang vs. Communists! ;D

Offline xinguixi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17-05-2015, 03:05:00 »
If I was you I would focus on 1 map and get that one really right. That doesn't mean details, those arent important in the big scheme of things, but make a proper gameplay plan and look at newer FH2 maps to see how to place statics. Don't go too fancy, for a first map I would recommend a classic conquest layout, two mainbases, 5 flags in the middle. And it might be easier to balance it if you go with the Kuomintang for a start, since they are the more conventional of the chinese forces.

yep,thanks your advice,respectful Ts4EVER, our first map is Taierzhuang Battle in 1938, have been working. we use some fh2 maps for reference to make.

Offline xinguixi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17-05-2015, 03:05:40 »
It will be difficult to recreate guerilla war in BF2 and I can hardly even imagine communist forces fighting Imperial Japanese Army since Japanese never took Communist as a serious threat, and AFAIK no major battles between them took place. Nationalist took the most of the fight during Second Sino-Japanese War but I would love to see a map from after the Second United Front collapse with Kuomintang vs. Communists! ;D

WOW! you understand the Southern Anhui Incident ? Wannan Incident ;)
we have another way to reflect the guerilla war ;)
« Last Edit: 17-05-2015, 03:05:32 by xinguixi »

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17-05-2015, 06:05:49 »
It's great to see this discussion.  I once vowed to the Pacific team that I would make a Chinese faction and China map.  I'm still struggling with step #1:  Learn how to do stuff.  Now I don't have to worry about the factions and models.  I'm slowly making a map of the Battle of Songshan, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mount_Song.  It's a good map because, I won't need too many Chinese buildings.  I believe some others are making some Burma maps, so some Yunnan battles would go well with them.  I hope you guys make some uniforms suitable for Y-Force.  Keep up the good work!

Offline 0utlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17-05-2015, 06:05:10 »
would be interesting to see a china faction with proper weapons, vehicles, buildings, etc.
i'd create a map for it

;D

Offline xinguixi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17-05-2015, 06:05:10 »
It's great to see this discussion.  I once vowed to the Pacific team that I would make a Chinese faction and China map.  I'm still struggling with step #1:  Learn how to do stuff.  Now I don't have to worry about the factions and models.  I'm slowly making a map of the Battle of Songshan, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mount_Song.  It's a good map because, I won't need too many Chinese buildings.  I believe some others are making some Burma maps, so some Yunnan battles would go well with them.  I hope you guys make some uniforms suitable for Y-Force.  Keep up the good work!

hi GeoPat
what is Y-Force? ??? Yunnan army? it was that Chinese expedition Army join the bloody battle actually. can i see your some finished works? ;D

Offline xinguixi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17-05-2015, 07:05:42 »
some test screenshots
 ;D just a beginning
« Last Edit: 17-05-2015, 07:05:39 by xinguixi »

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 17-05-2015, 09:05:16 »

hi GeoPat
what is Y-Force? ??? Yunnan army? it was that Chinese expedition Army join the bloody battle actually. can i see your some finished works? ;D

Y-force was the Western Allies designation for the part of the Chinese expeditionary force that came from Yunnan in 1944.  X-force were the Chinese troops that were US equipped and trained in India.  They had different uniforms and equipment.  I think your uniforms are pretty good for Y-force, though they probably didn't have the German helmet, maybe a British one.  Is that a Mauser C96?  Looks good.

I don't have any finished work worth showing yet.  I never did anything with models.  The map is mostly heighdata and some terrain at the moment.  I will take some pictures when I put some trees on it.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17-05-2015, 10:05:40 »
WOW! you understand the Southern Anhui Incident ? Wannan Incident ;)
we have another way to reflect the guerilla war ;)
My bachelor degree thesis was about Chinese Civil War, let's say I probably know a little bit more about this topic than an average joe, but on the other hand I focused mostly on the politics point of view, not much about the military aspect of the war, so some 'geeks' here probably know more about the equipment etc. ;)

would be interesting to see a china faction with proper weapons, vehicles, buildings, etc.
i'd create a map for it

I think your uniforms are pretty good for Y-force, though they probably didn't have the German helmet, maybe a British one.  Is that a Mauser C96?  Looks good.

Chinese faction won't need many new weapon moddels, depends which army we're talking about, Nationalist used a lot of German equipment, so German helmets are perfectly fine, would be nice to have some WWI era equipment tho (like C96, rifles, german WWI uniforms). Some units (after 1944) were equipped with American weapons and uniforms, so in fact, it's possible to create Chinese Nationalist Army from moddels already exisiting in FH2, just need to add chinese faces to them. When it comes to Communists, they used a lot of soviet equipment, inlcuding uniforms, so it will be possible to use upcoming soviet moddels in future, also, both armies used some Japanese weapons, which are already on some WaW maps, and american Lend-Lease vehicles, like this one:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/fhsw/images/5/53/M3_Stuart.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120420151512
« Last Edit: 17-05-2015, 10:05:53 by jan_kurator »

Offline xinguixi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17-05-2015, 12:05:56 »

hi GeoPat

Y-force was the Western Allies designation for the part of the Chinese expeditionary force that came from Yunnan in 1944.  X-force were the Chinese troops that were US equipped and trained in India.  They had different uniforms and equipment.  I think your uniforms are pretty good for Y-force, though they probably didn't have the German helmet, maybe a British one.  Is that a Mauser C96?  Looks good.

I don't have any finished work worth showing yet.  I never did anything with models.  The map is mostly heighdata and some terrain at the moment.  I will take some pictures when I put some trees on it.

That's  the 88th division infantry of National Revolutionary Army.
The 88th division was equipped with the German weapony.

« Last Edit: 17-05-2015, 12:05:56 by xinguixi »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17-05-2015, 12:05:25 »
I was always interested in seeing the defense of the great wall somehow depicted in FH2. BF2 already has the wall statics available, one could utilize them to make the map.  :)

Offline 0utlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17-05-2015, 19:05:10 »
I was always interested in seeing the defense of the great wall somehow depicted in FH2. BF2 already has the wall statics available, one could utilize them to make the map.  :)

exactly what i was thinking too  ;)