Author Topic: So who loves the USA?  (Read 9858 times)

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
So who loves the USA?
« on: 22-10-2012, 08:10:49 »

With all the nasty USA hate in the elections thread I have to ask this.   ;)

Some shockers for me are.....Mexico hates us despite all of the cunts that flow across the border to suck up our welfare.  Canada?  What the fuck, where are you guys?  Lithuania but no Estonia? England at 61%....Not surprised.  Despite popular media these guys have never been our friends and the big reason that we lost so many people in two world wars.  France loves us?  WTF?
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
Re: So who loves the USA?
« Reply #1 on: 22-10-2012, 08:10:47 »
Aren't they ingrates, every country you pour batshit insane amounts of money into seems to dislike you.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22-10-2012, 08:10:18 »
Russia and France in that list is beyond me.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22-10-2012, 08:10:58 »
The countries with which you do the most commerce like you the most?
Well call me surprised.  ;D

Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #4 on: 22-10-2012, 09:10:00 »

I think Hollywood takes presidence over foreign policy.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22-10-2012, 10:10:40 »
Disregard Indonesia.

It was mostly because president Obama "was here" effect. Probably happens to Kenya as well.

How about zee Germans?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22-10-2012, 11:10:17 »
Sadly, I know my country (Ghana) thinks America is hot shit.
I personally like to look through history and how great nations do things and personally, albeit I respect their ideals on Humanity, Freedom and the American dream, I feel you guys a blundering kids running around with a shotgun.

You don't exhibit the kind of finesse that made a country as small as Britain hold sway over much of the word and yet, show a greater degree of maturity in their use of military and internal politics.

Just sayin'
I think its a percentage of Education thing.

While the Brits had an elitist system in their time of Empire and could suppress the more uneducated opinions, US has its hands tied with the 'Everyone's opinion matter' when you have the whole Bible belt to contend with... Tends to force Political decisions to pander as much to the retarded as the unretarded.

SO as the 'most powerful country in the world'... Or so they tell me  (Nevermind the fact that you haven't faced a country of equal worth since 1945 to justify this fact, and last group of 'under-developed beige' people you really fought kicked your ass despite all your tech), you don't neccesary set an example for Political maturity in International relations... Like how disappointed I was when I realized Obama's hands were more tied than he previously made us believe... Especially with allies like Isreal. So much for 'Super power' status.

Everyone knows that if they attack America just right, she HAS to wage war or the voting public wont hear of it, and that America is powerless even if Isreal continues to misbehave... You tie yourself to simplistic policies, so it makes you predictable...

And let's not decieve outselves... Despite the rhetoric, your foreign policies are as self-serving as Iran.
Your government wont lift a finger to save lives unless there is a far cheque or contract at the end of the whole deal. So it kinda pisses some of us off when you present yourself like some 'Shiny light'

Its real Politik, I get it... But then, don't expect much love.

Some of us are actually waiting for the day, leading Nations actually LEAD, rather than bully smaller nations in every form of Political relationship they have with them. There MUST be that form of mutual support of the World wont develop into a better place to live.

You can AFFORD to be more charitable. You really can.
« Last Edit: 22-10-2012, 11:10:39 by djinn »

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22-10-2012, 11:10:13 »

Well France is the oldest ally of the USA, so it makes some sense. In the End , it is France that secured the independence of the USA. Unfortunately that feeling does not seem to be mutual, prolly because Americans like to believe that they beated the British all on their own ..

How about zee Germans?

Most Americans are of German origin, so I guess that it could be some have far relatives living their. Prussia also had a long history with the USA. Von Steuben is credited to at least try to bring some discipline to the USA scum bags, with the support from the Prussian government. It is said the USA was even prepared to offer the crown of the USA to the brother of Frederick the great, but they decided to become a republic in the end ..   

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22-10-2012, 11:10:28 »
That doesn't make sense. Isn't that a public poll?
I doubt the French Public give a rat's ass about Political ties or American Independence.
I may be wrong, but I was under the impression a good number think they are just 'le bumbling Americain'

Biiviz

« Reply #9 on: 22-10-2012, 11:10:15 »
I reserve my love for family and friends. I do however appreciate the US for many things they do.

As for the chart, I'd like to see some references. What did they base the "love" on? Who, how, what size of test group, etc.

Biiviz

« Reply #10 on: 22-10-2012, 11:10:19 »
To answer my own question:

Research done by The Pew Research Center.
"The Pew Research Center is an American think tank organization based in Washington, D.C. that provides information on issues, attitudes and trends shaping the United States and the world."

Full question wording: "Please tell me if you have a very favorable, somewhat favorable, somewhat unfavorable or very unfavorable opinion of the United States."

Notes: Favorable combines "very favorable" and "somewhat favorable" responses. Unfavorable combines "very unfavorable" and "somewhat unfavorable."

The reason some countries are missing on that chart (like Finland and Sweden) is that they simply weren't asked.

I found no info on the size of the test group. They only mention they've surveyed ~300,000 people in total, not only for this particular question.

Here's the 2012 version of the same question:
http://www.pewglobal.org/database/?indicator=1&survey=14&response=Favorable&mode=chart

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22-10-2012, 13:10:45 »
Hahaha you even got some love of the Palestinian people.... nice.
And Japan being on top says nothing they have a big heart they love everybody.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Tim270

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22-10-2012, 13:10:58 »

England at 61%....Not surprised.  Despite popular media these guys have never been our friends

::)

Most likely the approval rating is in the 60's due to aftermath of the Bush years. Especially how unpopular Iraq was here.

Anyhow your post is just dripping with condescension, as if everyone owes you something.
« Last Edit: 22-10-2012, 13:10:08 by Tim270 »

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22-10-2012, 13:10:39 »
I'm actually surprised of Turkey.  :o I tought everyone loved USA (except me) Boy, that escalated quickly!

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22-10-2012, 13:10:10 »
Give me a greenpass, and I'll move to the US on the day.