Voting closed: 10-04-2012, 09:04:39

Author Topic: Medics  (Read 7900 times)

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
Medics
« on: 03-04-2012, 09:04:39 »
So medics in FH2?  I am not thrilled with the loltastic shooter path FH2 seems like it is going down but if we are going down this dark path I would like to see medics for some more team orientated play.  What do you lads think?
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
Re: Medics
« Reply #1 on: 03-04-2012, 11:04:58 »
Loltastic shooter path? What do you mean? I'd say FH2 is quite tamed compared to a great deal of other shooters I've played. On the topic of medics, I've never used the medic kit. Never found it useful. You either die in one shot, or repair yourself with the bandage and die the next. Bearing in mind I only play SP, so it is probably different online.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03-04-2012, 11:04:00 »
the No sayers, are just god damn ignorant.
« Last Edit: 03-04-2012, 12:04:04 by Sn00x »

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03-04-2012, 12:04:47 »
Because we didn't get to try medics enough in BF2? If the revive process could be made bit more lenghty, why not, but doupt it's possible, because PR would already have it so. I simply don't want to see medic rushing to body in middle of street, stab body with something and both run for cover. No thanks.

And don't tell me that people would then require long healing before being in combat shape. PR has reviving and even there we have these awesome combat medics summoning people back to life and middle of firefight, healing them in to full health in no time  :-X

One idea could be, that taking care of fallen team member would shorten the spawn time for him, not take him back to life.
« Last Edit: 03-04-2012, 12:04:57 by ajappat »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03-04-2012, 13:04:49 »
I made a suggestion like that internally. I'm not a big fan of having medics running around in every squad, especially if they have only a pistol like irl, since that takes away from general squad cohesion. BUT I would like to see the revive function used.
Here is what I figure: SL spawning as it works right now sucks. Basically the squad leader has to hide for maximum efficiency, thus creating frustrating situations like party bunkering. It even kind of breaks maps: Team sps were introduced so players can not spawn in certain objective zones and sl spawning has the potential to break that (and it does in practice).
So I'd say: Give the squad leader the revive function. Don't call it revive but "rallying". Make a sound effect for it like "Get back into the fight soldier, that is an order!". That way:

- The squad leader had to make a decision of either using his weapon or keeping his team up
- He has to actively do something to keep his squad running
- He has to keep close to the front and his squad instead of hiding in the little kitchen of normandy static #26
- He can get points for actually playing the role he is intended for
- He is still vital for the survival of his squad in a unique way

Only draw back: It is harder to keep people together once somebody actually dies.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03-04-2012, 14:04:53 »
I would like to see medic with a med pack which could heal you in combat situation and with few additional bangades which he could simply give to wounded soldier and take care of another wounded (like it is now). I HOPE we will never see reviving possibilty like in vBF and PR. Why? Because when you're criticaly wounded medic can help you but you probably won't be able to fight any longer, he's role is to save you from dying on the battlefield.

So, my suggestion is to:

- place more medic pickup kits on maps
- give them medic pack with possibility to heal (would be great to make them see icon with health status over their comrades' heads)
- to make medic class really usefull, extend bleeding time when you're wounded (soldiers dies too fast now)
- to make bangades more usefull give 3D map icon over them like in BGF mod (it would prevent from accidental taking others bangades or make it easier to find one when someone gives you his):

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab151/kurator91/bangade.jpg
http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab151/kurator91/medpack.jpg

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03-04-2012, 15:04:00 »
I already like the current medic kit!

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03-04-2012, 16:04:24 »
I already like the current medic kit!

It fails. Just a bunch of bandages and a pistol.

I recommend that the medic kit would be an smg for close quarters, a bayonet or knife or spade for defense, more bandages and perhaps morfin to revive people in a lenghty way, but I would like a better kit. And those who say that they liked it is because they really never use it, because with just a pistol, nobody wants to use it.

The ones voting no are really ignorant.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #8 on: 03-04-2012, 16:04:50 »
I am god damn ignorant!

Medics like this are useless, yes, but adding the reviving system to FH2 would kill thousands of kittens. Something I would like to see is like a 'healing box' the medic can drop. Like the ammo box but then it stays on the ground for a while and heals those who get close to it for a short period.

And I agree with CPS, I like the kit. It gives an epic feel running over a map with only a knife, a pistol and a shitload of bandages.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03-04-2012, 16:04:20 »
And I agree with CPS, I like the kit. It gives an epic feel running over a map with only a knife, a pistol and a shitload of bandages.

Yeah right, it's why I had never seen someone using the medic kit.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03-04-2012, 16:04:38 »
Limit the kits to 2-3 medics per team?

Offline Playah

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03-04-2012, 16:04:35 »
Bf2 style? No. More like PR style? Yes.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03-04-2012, 16:04:15 »
Fh2 has been developed with balance and realism in mind.

The game features vehicles & kits that have counterparts.

The maps were designed with balance in mind.

If mobile vehicles/fixed positions can be repaired, then a soldier should be too.

- Reviving is too much & not in the spirit of FH2
 - Squad leader NCO kits has 2 bandages. Maybe increase to 3
 - Add a Field Hospital with a few medic kits instead of spreading the kits all over the place where nobody can find them.
 - Mobile Ambulance. Soldiers can heal themselves beside it or it can resupply bandages only
 - Modify ammo to resupply ammo only

8)
« Last Edit: 03-04-2012, 17:04:34 by Jimi Hendrix »

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #13 on: 03-04-2012, 16:04:10 »

Yeah right, it's why I had never seen someone using the medic kit.
Opinions are opinions and even 2 people can have an opinion nobody else has.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03-04-2012, 17:04:30 »
Add a Medic kit like in BF2 and BF3 ?? Personnally I found it extremly boring in BF2 and BF3 and IMO it doesn't fit at all in FH2. I hope this will never be in FH2, but some alternative could be a lot more interresting.

I like the mobile Ambulance tought, so when you drive a M3 half-track you give ammo to soldiers standing around him plus it heals people. But for the field Hospital, will it be really usefull ? Does somebody will run to the front to the main base to go heal hisself ? Maybe at each spawnpoint there could be a "field hospital tent" healing box that works like the ammo kit.