Author Topic: New Map...Need a hand.  (Read 1255 times)

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
New Map...Need a hand.
« on: 20-09-2010, 05:09:35 »
An old minimap of the lame ass map.....

Now for the help part......The suppression effect how do I extend that?  Wanted to give it a longer effect like it used to have back in the days of old.  Also thinking of using the current one on the SMG's and pistols.  Now I found some things under the projectiles (thanks Kev) but they don't seem to do anything in regards to the amount of time you are suppressed.  Already coded the weapons in the map to be like that mod we shall not speak of as well as slowing down the player speed.  Bolt guns for the krouts against semi-auto's for the USA.  The magical thing I did was leave the MG42 (deployable/spawnable) and american .30 MG alone so they should be pretty nasty going against the newly nerfed weapons.  With that suppression effect I think it could make for some fun long lasting engagements that will be determined by more then who goes prone first and shoots you in the nuts.  Also removed the zoom on all weapons without optics and gave a large view distance on the map.  

Second question is a material one.  Does FH2 have any magical material that only get effected by HE?  I am putting BGF's wonderful little house models on this map as well as some of the PR destructible ones.  Of course they used there own materials and I need to find the right one from FH or I guess make it.  Right now I am using the hanomag armor and that is full of fail.   I stopped the MG's from raping a house in one belt but they explode with one KT AP shell and only start smoking with 15 HE shells. :(

I was thinking of doing two man tanks as well and punishing the shit out of the infantry in regards to AT emplacements and hand weapons.  I think many people would hate that idea though and probably just lead to me wasting more time.

Any help would be much appreciated.  
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: New Map...Need a hand.
« Reply #1 on: 20-09-2010, 06:09:43 »
It really looks like you improved your nuke effect, grats on that, its looks nice

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-09-2010, 08:09:40 »
You need to create a minimod, much easier to add and tweak content like this.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #3 on: 20-09-2010, 09:09:35 »
You need to create a minimod, much easier to add and tweak content like this.

Who would ever download and play it?  Just some stuff I always wanted to see tried.  The houses bloat the map up a bit but not so much with the tweaks.  Much more easy to convince someone to pop a map in there folder and try some stuff out then to install a mini-mod that no one would ever play.  I guess my end goal is to have fun and learn a little something.  And maybe just maybe if an FH2 dev or a tourney modder like some aspects of it they will use it.

But why I have your attention Natty....The suppression bit....Where? 
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20-09-2010, 22:09:57 »
sorry I dont know how the supression effect was made.

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21-09-2010, 04:09:55 »
WHUT ?!?  Theres someone that made a way to get houses explodes when shooting on it ?  if we can add this to FH2...

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21-09-2010, 07:09:09 »
WHUT ?!?  Theres someone that made a way to get houses explodes when shooting on it ?  if we can add this to FH2...

yes, DICE did it when they programmed and made the game. This wont be in FH2 though, for reasons too many to write down here..  ::)

Offline elander

• [DLF]
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
« Reply #7 on: 21-09-2010, 10:09:16 »

yes, DICE did it when they programmed and made the game. This wont be in FH2 though, for reasons too many to write down here..  ::)

lag

Disclaimer - Personal Opinions are not shared with DLF

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21-09-2010, 10:09:11 »
Irrespective shadows

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21-09-2010, 15:09:50 »
more lag

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #10 on: 21-09-2010, 23:09:39 »
  Yeah that is why I wanted to give these a go.  Of course I need people to test for the lag bit.  ;)  As to the shadows (and I think lightmapping as well if FH2's destructible objects are any indicator) it is fubar...  But with the sun at the proper height the shadows issue does not seem that noticeable.  The real test for aesthetics will be when other stuff gets lightmapped and see if these buildings look retarded in comparison.  I just recall when BGF made there first release the only map that was playable for me was the one with these destructible houses.  I really don't see the difference network wise why these buildings would be any different then the destructible road signs from BF2. 

But really.....No one has a clue about the suppression thing?  Think I will post this in the Beta forums on the off chance CTZ or Gunnie might notice it.