Author Topic: stop dolphin diving  (Read 9100 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: stop dolphin diving
« Reply #90 on: 05-08-2010, 15:08:05 »
It is not possible to disable shooting after prone.

Offline ottozeimer

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 05-08-2010, 16:08:13 »
just put a 1 or 2 sec delay before you can use your weapon as if "deploying a gun"

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 05-08-2010, 16:08:09 »
*blows* Nice engine we got here ...  :P

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 05-08-2010, 16:08:46 »
just put a 1 or 2 sec delay before you can use your weapon as if "deploying a gun"

Does not work.

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 06-08-2010, 01:08:56 »
Like I said, the only way to really do this is to ADD deviation after proning. It's not a big deal, you won't be complaining about it, because you won't notice it unless you're a dolphin diver.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 06-08-2010, 01:08:42 »
Like I said, I can back this as long as it is assured that the deviation will disappear extremely quickly once the prone is completed.  This should only be for the dolphin dive, not for someone who is actually laying down and shooting at someone a long ways off.

Offline Excavus

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 06-08-2010, 04:08:19 »
Like I said, I can back this as long as it is assured that the deviation will disappear extremely quickly once the prone is completed.  This should only be for the dolphin dive, not for someone who is actually laying down and shooting at someone a long ways off.
This is exactly what I am talking about. A short 1-2 sec extreme deviation that is activated only when proning, just like in BF2142.

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 06-08-2010, 18:08:29 »
... unless you're a dolphin diver.

And like I said what we are talking about is not "dolphin diving". Dolphin diving is to go up and down (and so on) and not just down. As a player I am tired of those loosers who comes whining about "dolphin diving" or "hack" just because they got shot by someone who dived in front of them. In real life, with an mg in your arms against a rifle, you would probably get down to avoid the shot and then shoot as fast as you can. I admit the time is a little too short between the diving and the shot, but it's the game('s engine) fault, not the player's, and the bf2 diving animation looks way too much like kneeling to make the player aware that he is playing "unfair"...

So : deviation is ok if we can't disable the gun, but we would also have to make the player aware that he is not yet stable on the ground by a new animation, and that would be interesting to discuss. For exemple, even though I admit the fh2's mg42 animation looks realy cool out-game (with the hand and all), I realy think it is too much "deploying" and not enough "diving", making the player feel uncomfortable in action ...

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 06-08-2010, 20:08:53 »
all kind of animation can be disable by just right-clicking

Offline Excavus

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 07-08-2010, 00:08:12 »
So : deviation is ok if we can't disable the gun, but we would also have to make the player aware that he is not yet stable on the ground by a new animation, and that would be interesting to discuss. For exemple, even though I admit the fh2's mg42 animation looks realy cool out-game (with the hand and all), I realy think it is too much "deploying" and not enough "diving", making the player feel uncomfortable in action ...

Really, the only way you can fix this is to add deviation. Animations won't work, they can be disabled easily. You're only cue that you are ready to fire would be the crosshair.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 08-08-2010, 12:08:54 »
Didnt dolfin-diving use to be jumping and going prone in midair? That was an exploit based on the fact that shootin prone in midair had perfect crouch aim on a guy who was impossible to hit, this isn't exactly it. And yes, it is possible to hit the ground without your hands. I think soldiers get that done.

Notwithstanding, serious deviation is a must for the move from stand to prone and from crouch to prone up to about a sec after it's completed. Or maybe disable firing for that long

Offline Excavus

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 08-08-2010, 23:08:20 »
Didnt dolfin-diving use to be jumping and going prone in midair? That was an exploit based on the fact that shootin prone in midair had perfect crouch aim on a guy who was impossible to hit, this isn't exactly it.
Does it really matter what the definition of dolphin diving is? Prone spamming and dolphin diving both end you up on the floor, having perfect aim.

And yes, it is possible to hit the ground without your hands. I think soldiers get that done.
Yeah, it's completely possible. But only if you want to have the air knocked out of your lungs.

Notwithstanding, serious deviation is a must for the move from stand to prone and from crouch to prone up to about a sec after it's completed. Or maybe disable firing for that long
Deviation is a must for dolphin diving/prone spamming/whateveryoucallit.

Offline TigerAce

• The hunter of the hedgerows
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 09-08-2010, 10:08:39 »
... unless you're a dolphin diver.

And like I said what we are talking about is not "dolphin diving". Dolphin diving is to go up and down (and so on) and not just down. As a player I am tired of those loosers who comes whining about "dolphin diving" or "hack" just because they got shot by someone who dived in front of them. In real life, with an mg in your arms against a rifle, you would probably get down to avoid the shot and then shoot as fast as you can. I admit the time is a little too short between the diving and the shot, but it's the game('s engine) fault, not the player's, and the bf2 diving animation looks way too much like kneeling to make the player aware that he is playing "unfair"...

If an enemy was within 20/15 metres of your position, you either spray or pull out your pistol. You wouldn't dive for the ground in the close-quarter scenario described here.
"The roar of my 88 is only matched by the boom of a Sherman exploding"

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 09-08-2010, 16:08:36 »
Right. I have a bren in my arms and nowhere to hide, but hell : I throw it on the ground, snap the button of my gun-belt, draw my colt and shoot the guy between the eyes... All of it standing straight on my feet ...

On the other hand, to "spray" somebody effectively you would need a bigger suppression effect than fh2 has. I used to thought it would make cowards out of players, but in that case it would also be the other way around ...

Offline chido312

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 10-08-2010, 00:08:28 »

Does not work.

I believe the PR mod team did it and also i do discuss and call people who dalphin dive a bunch of cowards afraid to take a bullet in vanilla BF2. but in FH2, heh most of the time its one shot one kill. so i thinks its over kill to allow dalphin diving in FH2, "Its like going to the Sudan in a suit made entirely out of food" (quote from top gear) and i do think a delay after proning should be implamented into the game.
"Gods In His Heavens, Alls Right With The World"

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."