Author Topic: Screenshots of games you play [big pics, 56k warning]  (Read 249748 times)

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: Screenshots of games you play [big pics, 56k warning]
« Reply #495 on: 26-12-2009, 06:12:31 »
A couple of guys making a Last Stand, RO, The Tower.

I fired so many rounds, first i had a K98, damn, it was a useless piece of shit. Then somehow i found a SVT. I runned out of ammo, a dude got headshot-ed and i stole his StG44. Then we repelled the last wave and we won!

This map sucked balls, Russians always pwnd us. They had PPSH42s and we had nothing but MP40 and i belive thats a MP41

And thats a guy i killed a few minutes earlier.

Taranov

« Reply #496 on: 26-12-2009, 11:12:26 »

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 26-12-2009, 19:12:19 »

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 26-12-2009, 19:12:14 »
Star Wars Battlefront II?

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 26-12-2009, 19:12:11 »
Star Wars Battlefront II?
A mod for COD4

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: 26-12-2009, 22:12:41 »
Some Retarded guy talking about Chicks..

Kicking some taliban ass with a stryker and a SAW

EDIT

The most brutal fight i ever had in HoI3, we surrounded these troops for 2 months and the fight lasted for a entire month!

CoH, i think it was Blitzkrieg mod.

« Last Edit: 26-12-2009, 22:12:20 by torenico »

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 27-12-2009, 07:12:43 »
M/44/North Dakota and naked with cheetos

xD, I would have burst out laughing had I been there

Edit: Vbf2 maps or a mod?

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 27-12-2009, 13:12:06 »

Edit: Vbf2 maps or a mod?

PR obviously since it allows people to chat about all sorts of nonsense and look around to pretty map design instead of having a proper game. :)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 27-12-2009, 17:12:03 »
Their visual is a bit too sharp and in my preference FH2 is better in this department. Some people just like round objects to show edges. And map design, i disagree with Flippy, Normandy maps are better and doesn't have strange names. However PR is loads of fun! I never get bored playing that, they offer so much stuff that i couldn't just leave.

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 27-12-2009, 17:12:43 »
Their visual is a bit too sharp and in my preference FH2 is better in this department. Some people just like round objects to show edges. And map design, i disagree with Flippy, Normandy maps are better and doesn't have strange names. However PR is loads of fun! I never get bored playing that, they offer so much stuff that i couldn't just leave.
What do you mean by strange names? All the names are after places that exist, or hypothetical operation names. Anyway the department I think PR really shines in regards to the sounds, something I hope FH2 gets soon. I also think that some PR maps are good , others are mediocre. I think it's a personal preference to an extent.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 27-12-2009, 18:12:23 »
I realized that by US standards, they don't sound weird. I assume PR are mostly US.

But if you know proper Arabic and Chinese, then it'll sound totally ridiculous. AFAIK, PR maps are made from real-world military maps of United States Defense Department (or army, or any other branch, hence realistic). Hence, i wouldn't be surprised if they put funny names to document it. I admit, I subscribed and read many threads in PR forums and got several info from there.

There are no words like "Kyongan'ni" "Qwai", "Tad Sae" in proper Chinese, both from newer pinyin or older Wade-Gilles romanization, nor there are any characters that would read "kyong" (the map turned out to be from old Korean-war era document), Qwai and Tad Sae was like South East Asian maps (from Vietnam war). Qinling and Bi Ming, is properly written in Chinese pinyin, but i haven't got any info about that.

Yanks write Qur'an (of Muslim Bible's Al-Qur'an) as Koran, which directly translates to newspaper in Indonesian, the language spoken by the biggest and the largest Muslim country in the world. But that is how we unhealthily stereotype the US understandings and perception about languages besides their own, as shown by Brad Pitt's character in Quentin Tarantino's "Inglourious Basterds".

Then, understanding this, you'll might guess how we feel about some of PR's Middle Eastern map names. The funniest one would be "Muttrah city", which is probably Madra or something like that in proper Arabic romanization. Muttrah looks like the combination of "mutt" and something weird. But it seems to make it easier to be pronounced by US military guys.

Again, probably poking at their cultural & lingual taste... i somehow has a weird feeling about their musical themes. However, since the 0.874 version, it is getting better.

Other than that, the game alone, PR is fun and great in all aspects. Actually, it is the cultural & lingual thing that makes me biased about PR.

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 27-12-2009, 18:12:43 »

Yanks write Qur'an (of Muslim Bible's Al-Qur'an) as Koran

Actually here you see both spellings of Qur'an/Koran, it just depends on the person or location. Here I have received textbooks with both, and they were made by the U.S. To be honest, I wouldn't judge the mod because of its name, I'd judge it mostly based on how it plays, and with a good squad I had much fun playing it. I also don't believe the music is the best, but I am not going to judge the mod based on music. But about PR I love the G3 in that game so accurate yet powerful. the next best is the L85

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 27-12-2009, 18:12:55 »
Yeah, i think i see the difference.

To me, realism is the key. It is a claim need to be proven. When FH decided to make the battle of El-Alamein map and name them Al-Alamein (which is the properly written Arabic romanization as used today), wouldn't someone point it out or make some little fuss about it? Although it is considered not too important, it certainly compromises some of their integrity. This is why researchers are needed in the dev team and in the community.

So why is that so significant to me when i simply ignored Lobo creating so many random Spanish-ed Arabic romanization names for some North African map flag post?

My answer is, because the way PR presented themselves. They came to the players as "a whole new game", even taking care of redesigning the GUI, down to the whole main menu section, and then the "tips" in loading screen to help you get the immersion and realism. It seems to me that they actually takes time to do all of these neat stuffs carefully to present themselves to the public: "the reality". The factors i mentioned in post before simply compromised the integrity of the presentation itself.

For sure, it doesn't makes me give them bad marks whatsoever. It just makes me reluctant to gave a go for the already itching hand to write "10" out of 10. I criticize it because i care and i like it. However, because of this, i gave them "9.5". I hope you understand that i don't hate PR. I actually like them.

Offline bosco

• View Profile
    • Project Reality
« Reply #508 on: 27-12-2009, 19:12:33 »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muttrah

Say what?

And since when is this a discussion thread?  ;)

MW2
« Last Edit: 27-12-2009, 19:12:15 by bosco »

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 27-12-2009, 19:12:32 »
Have to admit that one, it should be "Mut-trah" instead of my common interpretation "Mutt-rah". And other weird-sounding names, like Kashan (which is actually Persian) and Korengal (which is not Arabic, but local Afghani). But i know, they are realistic and made from real US military maps, just some of the names didn't fit the fighting forces there. (like vBF2, where all the maps are properly written pinyin and located in China, and the MEC maps are all in common and proper Arabic)

Anyway, here is me having fun in Karbala Mosque tower. That guy TKing run over his teammates with his Stryker.