Author Topic: G41 weak  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Skr13

• View Profile
    • VideoCardz
G41 weak
« on: 16-04-2014, 16:04:08 »
I installed FH 2.46 and then went to play on Purple Heart Line map, with bots but something strange happen.
I selected Germans and my kit was the one that includes Gewehr 41 semi-auto rifle, the weapon sound seems a bit different from previous patch(2.45), but it's ok, the problem seems to be the damage done by the rifle itself, as even at medium range, it's very difficult to kill the enemy, and at long range, it's impossible. I switched to G43 from a box nearby and it was like night and day, as the G43 worked as it suppose to do and I was able to do my job.

So what's happens with G41, looks like an SMG, being difficulty to use at medium-long ranges. :-\

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: G41 weak
« Reply #1 on: 16-04-2014, 16:04:54 »
I'm looking at the files right now and the only difference between the G41W and the G43 is that the G43 has way faster reload and the G41W has a very slightly faster bullet velocity. So, in conclusion: Your impression is just wrong.

Offline Skr13

• View Profile
    • VideoCardz
« Reply #2 on: 16-04-2014, 18:04:28 »
That's strange, never had a similar problem before in FH2.
So according to the files, the weapon range of G41 and G43 is suppose to be the same?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16-04-2014, 18:04:16 »
Damage is dependent on the bullet and they both shoot 8mm Mauser, which kills in one shot to the head or body and two shots to limbs. My guess is you hit a lot of limbs. Due to bullet drop, you often hit the legs over longer ranges, just wounding the target.

Offline Skr13

• View Profile
    • VideoCardz
« Reply #4 on: 16-04-2014, 19:04:34 »
With G43 is simply easier to kill, not sure why, but ok, I will pay more attention to the bullet drop thing and see if solves the problem.
Thanks.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16-04-2014, 22:04:41 »
I like the G41 because I feel that the M1 Garand is it's equal.  The G43 always seemed OP.  I usually drop my Garand to pick one up.  In tournament battles where we ran spectator.  The G43 kills were usually twice that of Garands.  The only thing that I know definitively is different is the sight-picture.  G43 has the best one in the mod IMO.  The G41 is almost too small to see and Garand is too big to be accurate.  If the recoil and accuracy settings are more or less the same between these 3, then it might be the visuals.  It is a hand-eye game after all.

No need to change the G41 and it's good that it has replaced the 43 on some maps.  I will just try to argue for more 41s and less 43s in tournament campaigns.

Offline Lee_87

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16-04-2014, 23:04:18 »
Speaking of the new german infantry weapons, i have 2 questions:

1.) why wasn't the new G41 reloading animation (which is great btw, kudos to whoever created this animation) also used for the G43? As far as I know it had the same reloading mechanism and not the inaccuarte magazine reloading as it is ingame for the G43.

2.) on which maps can I find the new MP34? so far I haven't been lucky to find it....

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-04-2014, 00:04:51 »
The MP34 is the spawnable assault kit on Pointe du Hoc

Regarding the G41/3, it could be reloaded both ways, I'm guessing the Devs wanted more differences between the two.
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17-04-2014, 00:04:35 »
G43 was reloadable by removing the mag, G41 had it built in.

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17-04-2014, 01:04:00 »
I like the G41 especially the sound, but the sights need some work there hard to see.  But I have had no trouble killing anyone when I get them in my sights.

Offline Skr13

• View Profile
    • VideoCardz
« Reply #10 on: 17-04-2014, 10:04:20 »
I like the G41 especially the sound, but the sights need some work there hard to see.  But I have had no trouble killing anyone when I get them in my sights.

Yeah, maybe is that the reason behind the difficulty I have when want to kill the enemy at medium to long ranges with G41, but with G43 is perfect.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17-04-2014, 10:04:16 »
It's not a wrong impression you have. The rifle is inaccurate or the sights are too difficult to use in order to kill on long range. You are not alone with this and as I stated elsewhere even top players stated that they feel the same way.

The thing is, that I don't dislike the rifle being bad/hard to figure out. It had its problems and it was and should be inferior to the G43. Have not played enough with the G41 to come to a final judgement about it, but it needs to be worse than the G43. Anyway, I can agree that on long range it is very very tough to make kills and the rifle feels very inaccurate compared to a G43 or K98, even when the files say something different. Something about it is not like the other rifles and I think it's the sights of the rifle feeling unusual when it's not the coding. Try aiming higher or more like: avoid aiming with the center of the sights like you can do with the G43.

Imagine the very bottom of the G41 sights, at the spot where you pretty much can't see your target anymore is the place the bullet goes. That's what a fellow player suggested to me and I noticed some improvement. I think many people might miss that much with it because they aim it like a G43, as the sights are somewhat similar, while you have to aim slightly differently in the game.

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17-04-2014, 10:04:57 »
One question though.

Why is the G41 so much louder than the G43? Don't get me wrong, I love that sound. Just asking how come it's so different?

Btw, on which maps can I find it?
It's spawnable on Port en Bessin and Purple Heart Lane, and there's one pickup kit on Omaha. Any other maps?
« Last Edit: 17-04-2014, 12:04:07 by PanzerKnacker »
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Skr13

• View Profile
    • VideoCardz
« Reply #13 on: 17-04-2014, 17:04:28 »
It's not a wrong impression you have. The rifle is inaccurate or the sights are too difficult to use in order to kill on long range. You are not alone with this and as I stated elsewhere even top players stated that they feel the same way.

The thing is, that I don't dislike the rifle being bad/hard to figure out. It had its problems and it was and should be inferior to the G43. Have not played enough with the G41 to come to a final judgement about it, but it needs to be worse than the G43. Anyway, I can agree that on long range it is very very tough to make kills and the rifle feels very inaccurate compared to a G43 or K98, even when the files say something different. Something about it is not like the other rifles and I think it's the sights of the rifle feeling unusual when it's not the coding. Try aiming higher or more like: avoid aiming with the center of the sights like you can do with the G43.

Imagine the very bottom of the G41 sights, at the spot where you pretty much can't see your target anymore is the place the bullet goes. That's what a fellow player suggested to me and I noticed some improvement. I think many people might miss that much with it because they aim it like a G43, as the sights are somewhat similar, while you have to aim slightly differently in the game.

Thanks for this comment, now I can feel that I'm not the only with that feeling about G41, for now it's not a much desirable rifle, when you can grab G43 near you.
I feel like something needs to be fixed, maybe at iron sights design or something to improve it's behaviour, as the weapon damage is the same as G43.

BTW, I like G41's sound, very intense!

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17-04-2014, 18:04:05 »
there's one pickup kit on Omaha.

Im not 100% sure but i think theres a pick up kit at each flag on Omaha, I know for sure I've found 3 different spots for it.