Author Topic: Singleplayer Maps  (Read 1917 times)

Offline AfrikaKorpsITA

• Forza avanti attacchiamo! Avanti signor Generale!
    • View Profile
Singleplayer Maps
« on: 21-02-2012, 22:02:52 »
I downloaded the version 2.4 and i've got the maps Meuse River, Eppeldorf, Bastogne, Vossenack, Hurtgen Forest and i can play online. But i can't find them in the list for Singleplayer! Why?
And i downloaded a map: Beda Fomm, i doesn't work but do you know something about this map? I know the story of Beda Fomm but i have never seen that map!
Scendiamo in campo!

Offline AfrikaKorpsITA

• View Profile
Re: Singleplayer Maps
« Reply #1 on: 21-02-2012, 22:02:17 »
Sorry: it doesn't work!
i wrote: i doesnt' work.
Scendiamo in campo!

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-02-2012, 22:02:07 »
no idea...

it may be that the kit layout system has been cleaned up in 2.4 rendering the init.con file (the one that lists the kit allocation for both sides) obsolete and causing the CTD.

it was created, i recall for 2.3, or at least got AI then. It may be fixable if the kit loudout and factions were updated though...

historically, no idea.

PS. you can edit your first post to change any typos, even after a person has replied to you.

Offline YaPh1l

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-02-2012, 23:02:37 »
Afaik Bastogne, Hurtgen Forest and Vossenack do not have a navmesh and can't be played in SP/COOP.
ballard44 made navmeshes for Hurtgen and Vossenack. After installing these, you should be able to play Meuse, Hurtgen, Eppeldorf and Vossenack at least in COOP mode. But I don't know about a navmesh for Bastogne.
EDIT: Forgot to put the link -> http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=16267.0

Best regards, Phil.

Offline TuscanGangster

• S.P.Q.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22-02-2012, 00:02:50 »
Meuse river should appear in SP.
Somebody must make them work in SP mode so I can have some epic battles with loaaads and loaads of bots. :D
« Last Edit: 22-02-2012, 00:02:13 by PvtGuerrucci »

Offline blarg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22-02-2012, 02:02:27 »
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20553031/beda_fommSP.rar

This is a link to Beda Fomm, I added SP to it some time ago :-)

Offline blarg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22-02-2012, 02:02:57 »
I forgot to add, I use it all the time in 2.4 and I have had no problems playing single player with it.

Offline AfrikaKorpsITA

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22-02-2012, 16:02:59 »
Meuse river should appear in SP.
Somebody must make them work in SP mode so I can have some epic battles with loaaads and loaads of bots. :D

Meuse River appears in the list but it doesn't work!
Scendiamo in campo!

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23-02-2012, 00:02:42 »
It works in COOP. You cant have epic battles with alot of bots in SP. Less flexible with bot-count adjustment. COOP however works fine.

ALL officially maps work in COOP first, SP second. Its not how it should be, but that's the way it is currently.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23-02-2012, 08:02:07 »
Meuse works in SP.

Coop only offers the option to unbalance the teams, it doesn't let you run any more bots than SP.

And if a map supports one and not the other, someone's being either lazy or forgetful (the files are exactly the same)... ;)

@blarg: Works for me too.

I was driving around and I noticed that all the vehicles have a faint box around them.

It's kinda hard to explain, but when your driving across the map, you can see it on the ground (it's like a faint square shadow that follows the vehicle).

I thought it may have been a driver issue or something, but the other African maps are fine.

Not sure what it is (lighting prob?), but IIRC that's why I didn't add it to the sticky.

If you don't know what I'm talking about I'll post a screenie of it in the Beda Fomm thread.

Offline AfrikaKorpsITA

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24-02-2012, 14:02:41 »
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20553031/beda_fommSP.rar

This is a link to Beda Fomm, I added SP to it some time ago :-)
Thank You! Now i can play that, there are some crashes but are rares
Scendiamo in campo!

Offline Void

• AI Dev
    • View Profile
    • ESAI at Moddb
« Reply #11 on: 24-02-2012, 19:02:10 »
And if a map supports one and not the other, someone's being either lazy or forgetful (the files are exactly the same)...

Ahh, neither. The coop layouts mirror conquest; that is the intent. Future SP layers will be different from their COOP counterparts.

So as it stands now, the files could be exactly the same, but that won't necessarily be true in the future. CooP is the first step in adding bot support to a map, from there I work on the SP layer.

So, you may see additional maps coming up that only support coop mode, until the "special" sp layouts are complete.

Offline blarg

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25-02-2012, 01:02:26 »
@CF

Yeah, I noticed those boxes too, I don't know what is causing that, I have to say I haven't really tried too hard to figure it out though.  It probably is a lighting issue, I'll try and isolate what it is.