Author Topic: A guide to installing Forgotten Hope 2  (Read 139511 times)

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
Re: A guide to installing Forgotten Hope 2
« Reply #30 on: 25-02-2010, 21:02:35 »
He was just messing around... ::) But yes, the newest patch is the 1.5

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 25-02-2010, 22:02:19 »
Hey, Dick (I assume I can call you by your first name, Dick).  If I go to the official EA BF2 site, and the latest update they list is 1.41, that would lead one to believe that the latest update is 1.41.  Instead of being a dick, Dick, perhaps you could have just said "Yeah, they haven't updated their web page.  Silly of them wasn't it?"

Instead, you had to be a dick.  Is that what I can expect around here?

FOAD.   >:(

The link you supply to download BF2 patch 1.5.  Where does that come from?  The latest official EA BF2 patch appears to be 1.41, found http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/BF2/.

Not that I'm a suspicious SOB, but...well, yes.  I'm a suspicious SOB.   >:(

You are not a suspicious SOB, more a lazy SOB.

http://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=battlefield+2+patch+1.5

I sense a lot of passive aggressiveness in that post, but hey maybe I am just a suspicious SOB.
« Last Edit: 25-02-2010, 22:02:07 by NTH »

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 26-02-2010, 01:02:04 »
Keep it clean boys, I wouldn't want to wake 'ol mister Flippy from down the lane to crack some skulls.
The link you supply to download BF2 patch 1.5.  Where does that come from?  The latest official EA BF2 patch appears to be 1.41, found http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/BF2/.

Not that I'm a suspicious SOB, but...well, yes.  I'm a suspicious SOB.   >:(

The latest patch is indeed 1.5, EA most likely has not updated the page due to the game being several years old

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Owain

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 26-02-2010, 01:02:39 »
Installed 1.5, downloaded and attempted to install fh, and I get a patch verification error that reads:

Patch Verification failed: the root directory doesn't exist.

From the details:
Failing with 'The root directory doesn't exit' because: !wsFileName::DirExists(this->root)

I'm running Windows Vista, if that makes any difference.

Edit: May have downloaded the 32 bit version instead of the 64 bit version.  Checking that...

Edit 2: Trying the Bit-Torrent link, they don't specify 32 bit vs 64 bit, so should I be using a different 2.25 download source?

Edit 3:  Ah! Read the Instructions.  I need to download and install FH 2.2 first. 
« Last Edit: 26-02-2010, 01:02:24 by Owain »

Offline UnknownSoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07-03-2010, 01:03:01 »
i downloaded part 2 from games on net and part 1 from moddb does this effect anything?
Incoming fire has the right of way.

— Old artilleryman's maxim +++

A good general does not lead an army to destruction just because he knows it will follow.

— Tactica Imperium passages +++

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07-03-2010, 01:03:24 »
No, any site with part 1 or part 2 will be the same as the files are all the same.

Ex: 1 moddb
2 random site in swahili

both will still work and there will be no difference

Offline UnknownSoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07-03-2010, 02:03:17 »
i don't know if i made a mistake or not but i got 2.2 and i can only see two severs both have huge pings
EDIT: fixed
« Last Edit: 07-03-2010, 02:03:19 by UnknownSoldier »
Incoming fire has the right of way.

— Old artilleryman's maxim +++

A good general does not lead an army to destruction just because he knows it will follow.

— Tactica Imperium passages +++

Offline noobystyler

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 14-04-2010, 23:04:11 »
hey i went on your http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/main.php?module=downloads and i see

Forgotten Hope V 2.25

Bit-torrent:
Download

Incremental Patch
- AusGamers
- Battlefield-Basis
- Battlefield-X.de
- BF-Games.net
- FilePlanet.com
- Forgotten Hamsters
- Gaming.fi
- gs01.games
- Softpedia.com

Seperated Files Download
- Single Player Mod - Softpedia.com

Windows Server Files
- Softpedia.com

so i downloaded the one

Incremental Patch
- AusGamers <------

and after it was done downloading i run fh2patch2_25.exe and it about when it was done the patcher.exe 100% it said fail? can i ask if thats only the patch? do i need to download the full client and then that???? thx menenenen

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 14-04-2010, 23:04:57 »
follow the instructions in the first post of this thread to the letter ;)

Offline Badman959

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 18-04-2010, 20:04:19 »
Eeeerm i installed it n all but it says i dont have a valid key , What do i do .... Or What have i done wrong ....

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 18-04-2010, 20:04:18 »
Exactly what did you install? And when does it say you don't have a valid key?
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 30-05-2010, 16:05:08 »
:| Hi, would you like to update this thread or shall I do it?
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 30-05-2010, 18:05:04 »
I'll get it, I figured I should get to it sometime  :P

Offline MerugopXL

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 04-06-2010, 21:06:20 »
For those of you that have clicked this thread's title, yes! There is a guide to installing Forgotten Hope 2 so that you don't mess anything up!

1. First of all your going to need to install Battlefield 2, the CD version.  Steams downloadable version of Battlefield 2 is not compatible with mods so if you have done that, ask for help there may be a solution.

2. After installing battlefield 2 on your computer, be sure to patch the game to 1.41. http://www.filefront.com/6194285/Battlefield-2-v1.41-Patch/ If this link does not work, please google "Battlefield 2 1.41 patch" and you should get a few sites with links to download it.

3. Now that you've installed patch 1.41, you need to download patch 1.50. Among correcting some bugs this patch allows you to play the game without needing your Battlefield 2 CD!  http://www.filefront.com/14444947/Battlefield-2-Patch-v1.5/  (This is a particularly big patch! So you may want to bring along a book to read, perhaps The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy? You'll need something to entertain you and if you get hungry you can always go to the Restraunt at the End of the Universe or listen to a concert by Jetblack Deviato but I digress.

4. Now that you've survived your tour of the universe you get to download Forgotten Hope 2, 2.26! The downloads for 2.26 can be found at http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/main.php?module=downloads. The files are available in both torrent and an .exe file. If you have a limited internet connection, the files can be downloaded in 2 parts, but if you have time and nothing to do, you can download the full file.

4b. If you have 2.25, you can download the incremental patch to 2.26.

5a. For some of these files you download, you made need rarlab! rarlab can be downloaded at www.rarlab.com. Keep in mind that you need to download the version appropriate to your system! I.e. download the 64bit for 64bit computers and 32bit for 32bit computers. If you do not know what your computer bit is, you can google how to find out!

5b. Now that 2.26 has been downloaded, you'll need to install the files. If you downloaded the torrent, you'll need the password to install the files. The password for 2.26 is 8xx8>\<enjoy>/<8xx8 . Copy and paste should work.

5c. If you downloaded the .exe, you should not need the password, however if you do need a password 8xx8>\<enjoy>/<8xx8 is the password.

6.Install the files on their DEFAULT installer path!

7. Now that you've installed the files, you should be able to play Forgotten Hope 2! Enjoy!
Uhmmm.... iw want to play Por-en-bessin but i don't see it when i sart up the game and frther more i can't play online because it says Invalid cd-key and i bought the real version.

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04-06-2010, 21:06:52 »
Port-en-Bessin doesn't have bot support yet, although you can create a LAN game and play it.
Did you enter your CD key exactly as it says?