Author Topic: FH1 Todtenbruch remake suggestion  (Read 1071 times)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
FH1 Todtenbruch remake suggestion
« on: 15-05-2011, 22:05:04 »
Do you remeber this, guys?

September 1944, after the Allied landing in Normandy, and after suffering heavy casualties, the German forces had to retreat. In a last attempt to prevent Allied forces from entering German soil, they manned the fortified positions of the Westwall. On September 20th, the Americans reached the north western edge of Todtenbruch (Deadman's Moor), and with it the border of the municipality Hürtgenwald. Now for the first time the Americans must lead a fight in dense forest woods against German troops that are fighting stubbornly with no indication of any collapse... Historical background is just asking to make this map in FH2! ;D

I don't get it how always people get overexcited about making omaha beach map etc when probably no one will even like it when it will become more real and historical accurate and probably don't look like that SPR fictional omaha. >:( Why for god sake ppl so much like it when we can get something more intense in currently produced war theathre? It is told that many battles in hurtgen forest were more bloody and caused more deaths than D-Day landings. I always hope to see Todtenbruch (my favourite and beloved map from old FH1) looking map in FH2. ::) Screw game ballance! I wish to get whole american team grounded, forced to take cover in the fox holes and try to avoid deadly fire from mgs and that bloody 88 battery (AFAIK it was only map where you can find eihandgranate 39 in FH0.7). Flanking, sneaking, and making ambushes in the forest FTW. ;D I know that there will be some Hurtgen Forrest map in 2.4 which will be probably very similiar to this one in many aspects (and I can't wait for it). But remake of knoffhoff's map would be a great addition in some next patch or additional map in some custom mappack (sadly no official then).  :'(

(Map created by knoffhoff)

I wish I could make maps :-\  or someone will make it as good as the original one someday. I'm so much in love with this map...  ::)
« Last Edit: 15-05-2011, 23:05:12 by jan_kurator »

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: FH1 Todtenbruch remake suggestion
« Reply #1 on: 15-05-2011, 22:05:12 »
Lollolloo, I can't say anything. ;D
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15-05-2011, 22:05:04 »
Lollolloo, I can't say anything. ;D

I know. This was a provocation! :D

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-05-2011, 22:05:31 »
Don't read too much into it though. That's not even the map I was thinking about first.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Warior135

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16-05-2011, 18:05:10 »
i gotta say that looks pretty good if you ask me, the only problem is i dont know what the place looks like  :P