Author Topic: Eep, erm. A little help?  (Read 2436 times)

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
Eep, erm. A little help?
« on: 06-09-2009, 15:09:23 »
See; I downloaded 2.2 and it runs well.

but a couple of things are bugging me.

Firstly. I started playing my first multiplayer games alright, having a great time. But then came the 2nd round. about 20 min's in i died and when i respawned my ping had shot way up to 300-600! When my average ping is about 60. And now its staying around 200-300?! Any ideas what's caused this? Or how i can fix it. :-X

The second thing:

Some thing just isn't right with the camoflauge nets in game, the ones tanks are under, etc.

I've attached a picture.

Is it a shader problem? Does anyone know a fix for it?

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Eep, erm. A little help?
« Reply #1 on: 06-09-2009, 16:09:38 »
Shader problem. Go to 'my documents/battlefield 2/mods/fh/cache' and you should see a folder or two named with very funky style (something like {DE212435...etc etc). If this is the case, then just delete those folders and launch your game. You will have to redo your shaders when you load a map (does it automatically) after this but it should fix your problem.

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #2 on: 06-09-2009, 16:09:33 »
Thanks, i'll try that out now ;D

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-09-2009, 16:09:07 »
concerning your ping "problem"
were you still seeding the fh2.2 installer on bittorent, if yes reduce the amount of upload a bit. if not do you use Wlan  for gaming ?
could also be a server sided issues, did you have the bad ping on other servers too ?

and next time how about using the help/support forum  it was made for threads like these ;)
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Fenring

• Developer
  • Retired FH2 developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-09-2009, 16:09:50 »
Porgrams such as Spotify and Skype can also use lots of cpu power and bandwidth and cause bad ping.

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #5 on: 07-09-2009, 17:09:41 »
Thanks for all the help :P

Nothing was running in the background.

But after i rebooted my PC and started the game again my ping was setling around 50-100. - (coincedence?)

That i can live with. :)

But i still have the shader problem even after deleting those file :-\

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07-09-2009, 18:09:29 »
But after i rebooted my PC and started the game again my ping was setling around 50-100. - (coincedence?)

You probably still had the torrent program running. Uploading files takes away bandwidth for packets.
The last thing can occur when you start FH2 without the FH2.exe!
Are you using the link on your desktop to run the mod?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Specht

• Diving towards bomber formation.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07-09-2009, 18:09:03 »
My camouflage nets look exactly like that, and some tank tracks are also bugged up, specially the tiger's.

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07-09-2009, 18:09:21 »
we had that....... Aggroman had exactly this but we solved it....

to delete your shader cache search My documents/battlefield2/mods/fh2/cache and delete it pls report if that fixed your problem.

Offline Specht

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07-09-2009, 18:09:16 »

to delete your shader cache search My documents/battlefield2/mods/fh2/cache and delete it pls report if that fixed your problem.

I did exactly what you said Toddel, but the problem persists, I took some screenshots of the tank tracks also, if you want, I can post them here.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07-09-2009, 19:09:29 »

I did exactly what you said Toddel, but the problem persists, I took some screenshots of the tank tracks also, if you want, I can post them here.

Check if you have AA forced using ATI or NVIDIA tools. I had the same thing and I cleared all the folders, still had the problem. After I used the FH2 ingame settings to turn on AA and switched off the force AA in the ATI tools.

After you have changed your AA settings you should delete you shader cache.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #11 on: 07-09-2009, 19:09:40 »

You probably still had the torrent program running. Uploading files takes away bandwidth for packets.
The last thing can occur when you start FH2 without the FH2.exe!
Are you using the link on your desktop to run the mod?

Yes.

Offline Hans Werner

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08-09-2009, 13:09:00 »
My camouflage nets look exactly like that, and some tank tracks are also bugged up, specially the tiger's.

+1

I have exactly the same problem on camouflage and tank tracks...
So what the exact solution ? Delete the cache folder or turn off any AA setting ?

Personally i'm using nHancer to manage my AA, i hope this software is not guilty of this problem cause it's the only way to use AA in 32x...

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08-09-2009, 13:09:41 »

+1

I have exactly the same problem on camouflage and tank tracks...
So what the exact solution ? Delete the cache folder or turn off any AA setting ?

Personally i'm using nHancer to manage my AA, i hope this software is not guilty of this problem cause it's the only way to use AA in 32x...

Read my reply. Disable NHancer or any other tool that forces AA.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Specht

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08-09-2009, 16:09:12 »

Check if you have AA forced using ATI or NVIDIA tools. I had the same thing and I cleared all the folders, still had the problem. After I used the FH2 ingame settings to turn on AA and switched off the force AA in the ATI tools.

After you have changed your AA settings you should delete you shader cache.

I had the nvidia tool forcing 16x AA and 16x AF, so I left 16x AF and switched AA to "application controlled", started the game, loaded a map and the problem persists, but one thing I noticed is that the shaders have not been redone, the cache folder I deleted in my documents under '...mods/fh2' has not appeared again ever since.