Author Topic: Beda Fomm SP WIP  (Read 1349 times)

Offline blarg

• View Profile
Beda Fomm SP WIP
« on: 14-07-2011, 02:07:25 »
Len mentioned the Beda Fomm map by Deathfromabove2010, so I decided to try and navmesh it.  There are a few minor issues I want to work out, and I will post a link when it is ready.  I got a lot of help figuring this stuff out from clivewil and mschoeldgen from the bfeditor forums.  I can only post these two pics for now however...

azreal

Re: Beda Fomm SP WIP
« Reply #1 on: 14-07-2011, 04:07:37 »
I see you are using version 2 of my Beda Fomm map. You should talk to WaW. I think they have the only version of the v3 map that I released. Can't remember though. Oh well, always nice to see my work getting used.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-07-2011, 10:07:33 »
Cool... 8)

Offline blarg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-07-2011, 16:07:19 »
Sorry Azreal, I got the author of the map wrong, I should have given you credit for it - my apologies  :-[

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-07-2011, 19:07:39 »
Sorry Azreal, I got the author of the map wrong, I should have given you credit for it - my apologies  :-[

No, you had it right.  That was another of Azreal's user names (IIRC).  :)

Offline blarg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14-07-2011, 22:07:18 »
Ah - well, good to know I had the right person all along lol

Here is the download link for those that are interested:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20553031/beda_fommSP.rar

Offline Ajs47951

• 1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g3t l41d
    • View Profile
    • AJS
« Reply #6 on: 14-07-2011, 23:07:50 »
downloading now can't wait to play it ;D

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16-07-2011, 11:07:51 »
Nice one, blarg... :)

Haven't tried playing on Axis yet, but the only prob I've noticed is the bots sometimes have trouble getting vehicles out of the Allied HQ.

I don't know if it's an issue with the mesh because some bots drive out just fine, yet others are completely dense, they drive into shit, to and fro, and occasionally just get in and sit there.

@azreal: Nice map, I like the flag layout... :)

Was there any major differences between v2 and v3?

I'm gonna ESAI-ify it and see how she goes because I'm still waiting for 2.4 to DL (from Filefront) after Fileplanet fucked me over and stopped the DL at the one gig mark... >:(

Never, ever again Fileplanet. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on... :P

Offline Len

• Radiotelegrafisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17-07-2011, 14:07:03 »
Thank You Blarg one more Map for the Italians.

Offline blarg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17-07-2011, 22:07:14 »
@cannonfodder - Yeah, I dunno, I couldn't figure that one out either, I think the mesh is fine, since some get out and others don't.  I noticed myself that one would get out, and then sort of stop and cause a traffic jam behind him until he moved off, and everyone else seemed to get confused.  I will take a look at the mesh in Maya again and check.  And yes, not a fan of fileplanet either, I wound up dl'ing 2.4 as a torrent.  I'm interested to see how this map plays after it's ESAI-ified :)

@ Len - You're welcome :)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18-07-2011, 11:07:32 »
Bots just being bots I guess... :-\

I added the 'medium FCAPF' strategy file to it...

At the start, all the Brits raced over to Beda Fomm, taking one flag and getting the other a few minutes later. This resulted in a 10-15 minute long shit-fight with the Italians hell-bent on taking BF, and the Brits equally determined to hold it.

It was during the later stages of this fight that I noticed not one of the other flags had been capped yet. I thought "Ya gotta be kiddin', adding that file made it worse!"...then everything turned on it's head: the Brits lost both BF flags and found themselves spawning back at HQ while the Italians ran riot, taking both flags south of BF.

The Brits eventually pushed them back to BF, but couldn't retake it and ended up winning by 60 tickets... :)

Offline blarg

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18-07-2011, 18:07:42 »
That sounds like a pretty epic fight lol - I might have to try this and see what happens for me too.  After you ESAI-ified it, did you notice the brits having a problem getting out of their base still?  Just curious about that, it seemed like before they were indecisive rather than there being a mesh problem, I dunno.  I did change the importance placed on the Beda Fomm points, which would explain why both teams were hellbent to take them.

I'm glad a few people are enjoying the single player version of this map, Azreal did a really nice job on it :)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19-07-2011, 11:07:24 »
Not particularly, but then most of the bots were spawning at Beda Fomm until they lost it and after that I was too busy trying to take flags to notice... :)

I'll have to try it again later.

I've also noticed they sometimes bail if they can't get out of the base, seen a few abandoned tanks in odd spots during the few rounds I've played.