Author Topic: SP Op. Totalize keep crashing!!!!  (Read 1794 times)

Offline bf109e4

• View Profile
SP Op. Totalize keep crashing!!!!
« on: 16-01-2011, 07:01:23 »
Ever since I upgraded my FH2 to 2.26, the map Op. Totalize keep crashing. I don't know why, so I replaced the level file "Operation Totalize" of 2.26 with the previous patches level file of 2.25(if I am not wrong), and the game runs perfectly.

However, when I upgrade FH2 to the newest patch 2.3, the problem with this map "returns". When I try to replace the level file with the 2.25 one, the map simply will not load.....

So I have to bear with the new 2.3 and find myself the map playing for a while and crash, and restart the map, play the map and then crash and.........

Are there any help out there to make this map run smoothly????
Wir kampfen fur Deutschland der freiheit zur Ehre!

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: SP Op. Totalize keep crashing!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 16-01-2011, 08:01:58 »
Navmesh issues.

You can do what I did. DL the one remick did unofficially (if its still in the DL thread) and replace this one. But replace its gameplayobjects.con within the map folder/server.zip, gamemodes/sp or coop/64

With the one from the 2.3 one.

Remick should have fixed this and it will be in the next build, but till then, this works.

Offline bf109e4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-01-2011, 09:01:31 »
Navmesh issues.

You can do what I did. DL the one remick did unofficially (if its still in the DL thread) and replace this one. But replace its gameplayobjects.con within the map folder/server.zip, gamemodes/sp or coop/64

With the one from the 2.3 one.

Remick should have fixed this and it will be in the next build, but till then, this works.

Hi djinn, it works!!!! Though there r still a few crashes, but overall I manage to finish the game.

Cheer, and toast!!!! ;D ;D ;D

thz
Wir kampfen fur Deutschland der freiheit zur Ehre!

Offline KevinWad

• I live in 1935
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01-02-2011, 02:02:07 »
For me, with the 2.3 version, it also keeps crashing, but not till 5 minutes into the game.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01-02-2011, 06:02:55 »
YUP, thats' the one with the navmesh issue. Replace that one as I recommended and it should be fine.

If you want to be able to play online, change its name a bit so the new one wont replace it, then switch it back before you play online.

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01-02-2011, 07:02:35 »
If you want to be able to play online, change its name a bit so the new one wont replace it, then switch it back before you play online.

Why not just rename the map to say "Op. Totalize_SP"
then theres no need to keep switching every time you want to play online/offline

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01-02-2011, 12:02:07 »
I thought there was some reference within the folder that called for the correct name, I didn't know so I didn't want to risk given any SPers a CTD....

thanks for the correction then

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01-02-2011, 14:02:50 »
I thought there was some reference within the folder that called for the correct name,   
Approximately 12 files need renaming,some of those files require a hexeditor to rename

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01-02-2011, 15:02:19 »
Target group is casual SPers. This might not be a practical solution after all.

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18-02-2011, 20:02:28 »
Bump.

Can anyone upload or explain this fix? Is it just using the 2.26 navmesh or something else? It is also crashing after 5min in our current beta (coop 64), in which case I can fix it for next version.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19-02-2011, 05:02:29 »
It is using Remick's 2.26 navmesh file, with gameplayobjects.con from 2.3 to keep things updated.

Somehow it is less buggy, although would still crash. Everytime i CTDed, i got a message concerning Pathfinding issues.

Offline KevinWad

• I live in 1935
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22-04-2011, 20:04:14 »
I don't know why I didn't remember to mention this earlier, but does people's Operation Hyacinth also crash on single player, or is it just me?
And does running these maps on a coop server help at all?

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22-04-2011, 23:04:15 »
Hyacinth crashes becuase its the one map that uses flares. Flares crash maps. I had these on AJ54's Tobruk night map and it was a disaster. I had to switch to troops without and the map instantly played all through.

It tends to be random, so I have no idea what exactly about flares cause it, especially since bots can actually fire them, but it causes it alright.