Author Topic: Forgotten Honor opened a new FH1 campaign - Breaking the Wall!  (Read 2612 times)

Offline IcratoX

• Operations Director, Forgotten Honor
    • View Profile

As we approached the beaches, all I could think of was one specific line in the speech General Eisenhower before we left England: “The free men of the world are marching to victory!”
I felt reassured as we left in the L.C.I.’s even though I could not hear myself think because of the hundreds of explosions around me.

I still can’t describe the horror I saw when we stopped.

The hatch opened and suddenly the first 7 men die in front of me. I ran forward and as I approached the beach, I saw my own friends a few feet away from me have their arms and heads shot off, I could only see bullets flying... I didn’t even know where the hell we were, where was my company? All I could think of was that the war had begun.

-----
Play an unique experience for Forgotten Hope 0.7
Breaking the Wall has just started

• Play a Forgotten Hope 1 campaign spanning 15 battles across the Normandy.
  • For the first time in a Forgotten Honor FH1 campaign, two invasion maps played as scrim: Dunkerque where the allied were pushed out and their comeback at Utah Beach.
  • Teamwork oriented armies employing strategies and co-operation with promotions and rewards for your achievements.
  • Large scale battles every Saturday at 19:00 GMT.
  • New maps produced by experienced mappers and tested extensively by the community to assure a high level of playability.
  • New friendships with likeminded people from all over the world.
  • It is free to join, and everybody is welcome.

Forgotten Honor is a gaming platform that has a great amount of experience in arranging online events for games. We work our way up to bring you the opportunity to game as the way we think it should be: a full immersive experience. This is what makes FH so different. The context we add to your games creates a gaming environment you can't get with the vanilla game. Because at the end, those huge intense hours of gameplay with us is what makes a game unforgetable. Forgotten Honor has nearly 12,000 registered gamers and partnered up with AAA title developers and distributors.

Forgotten Honor is a platform that puts gamers together by giving value for their game experiences.

« Last Edit: 09-05-2012, 08:05:08 by IcratoX »
In time of Peace, Prepare for War.

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
YES!

Already signed up! Was waiting for another great FH1 campaign!   8)

Dont forget to join the mighty Panzer Lehr Division

« Last Edit: 09-05-2012, 19:05:58 by RAnDOOm »

Offline J_Fin

• View Profile
The first scrim, Dunkerque, is today!

Offline TuscanGangster

• S.P.Q.R.
    • View Profile
Am I still in time to join the tournament?

Offline J_Fin

• View Profile
Of course, the sign ups are open until the end of the campaign and tonights battle starts in 2 hours.

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
First battle will be played this Saturday.

If you interested in reviving the good times with a full 32x32 battle dont hesitate and join the campaign.
_________

F|H Campaign 14 – Battle #1

Sainte-Mère-Église

The mission

The 82nd and 101st American airborne divisions are to be parachuted in the hours preceding the amphibian offensive, in the western sector of the allied invasion, West and South-west of Utah Beach, located in the Cotentin peninsula.

The Germans have flooded most of the grounds going South of Valogne to the localities of Carentan and Isigny-sur-Mer. The beach of Utah, where is to land the American soldiers of the 4th infantry division, is isolated by a rampart of marshes, which is accessible from the interior of the grounds only by four narrow roads. The main mission of the American parachutists is to capture these access roads, called “Causeways” at the time of the briefings, in the first hours of June 6 to allow the landed troops to progress quickly towards toward the West.

The American parachutists were scattered in all the South-east of the Cotentin, and very rare are the sections which arrived exactly at the good DZ. “Drop Zones” of the paras belonging to the 505th PIR of the 82nd Airborne was encircled North, South and West by a marsh, and East by Sainte-Mère-Eglise: many paras were dropped over the village and became targets for the German soldiers who, alerted by a house fire caused by the explosion of a bomb, were scanning the sky.

About ten American soldiers were dropped near the Church and shot by the sentinels. The parachutist John Steel remained over the Church during more than two hours, until the village was mainly under American control: after short but violent engagements, the spangled banner is installed at the town hall at 4 o'clock. The village of Sainte-Mère-Eglise is released, but the engagements are not entirely finished there.

Despite an extremely high number of losses (50% in the only night of June 6, 1944), the American parachutists of the 82nd and 101st Airborne achieve a great number of their missions. The Germans, disorganized by the American parachutists, do not know any more where to attack and seem also completely disorientated. Moreover, the sabotage actions carried out by the French resistance reinforces this phenomenon of disorder which paralysis the German forces in this area.
The “Causeways” are overall under American control: the landing can start.
_
« Last Edit: 31-05-2012, 20:05:10 by RAnDOOm »

Offline RAnDOOm

• View Profile
2nd battle will be played TODAY

If you interested in reviving the good times with a full 32x32 battle dont hesitate and join the campaign.
_________

F|H Campaign 14 – Battle #2

The Battle of Carentan 

The city of Carentan is a priority for the Allies. It is the link between the Cotentin and the Calvados regions, it also contains numerous major roads as well as a network of railroads. Tanks coming from Utah must imperatively drive by Carentan to do the junction with the landed troops of Omaha before piercing Southbound of Normandy. Attacked on the flanks by paratroopers of the 101st Airborne American division, the city falls on June 12 and the German counterattacks aiming to take it are repulsed: the junction between all the allied forces is achieved. It represents a beachhead of near 80 kilometers long, from Ouistreham to Sainte-Mère-Eglise and reaches between 10 and 30 kilometers of depth according to the places.

Rommel knows that the objective of the Allies, once the beachhead reunified and a maximun of committed divisions in Normandy (20 divisions are hired then between Sainte-Mère-Eglise and Ouistreham and 24.500 tons of material are disembarked), is to capture the city of Cherbourg. He decides to forbid any access to the Cotentin, but already, on June 18, the 7th corps of the general Collins cuts the Cotentin in two parts.

It is also at that moment that the two artificial harbors of Arromanches and Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer are finished and ready to receive the cargo ships. These facilities are favorable to the beginning of a second offensive, after the one of the widening of the beachhead. It is for the Allies about capturing Cherbourg, to pierce Southbound of the American sector in direction of Saint-Lô, and to capture Caen, the biggest city of Calvados.

« Last Edit: 09-06-2012, 18:06:44 by RAnDOOm »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Any plans of a FHSW campaign some time in the future? It would be nice to see this played by European players without the inconvenience of high ping...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...