Author Topic: performance improvement  (Read 5695 times)

Offline Ajs47951

• 1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g3t l41d
    • View Profile
    • AJS
Re: performance improvement
« Reply #15 on: 27-03-2011, 07:03:45 »

255 bots  the bots in the frist pic were just standing around the hole game
ever thing was on max gfx i just lowered the quality in Photoshop so i did not have to upload as much "yes my upload speed sucks ass"

I was get 105-160fps with 255bots

pc specs
Processor  AMD Phenom II X6 Black. Model 1090T 3.8hghz 16m Cache "overclock to 4.2ghz"
RAM DDr3 8gigs "overclock" cant remember what rate  
GPU "old buying new one" 2-9800gtx2 sli 1gig each card default clock
hard drive 2-640gig raid 0  1-2.4tb "just for storing stuff like torrents ISO.....
psu 1000w coolmaster

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27-03-2011, 10:03:36 »
BF2
Gulf Of Oman 16 Size SP
255 Bots
Run in normal SP mode,and not in the above described "performance improvement" mode
Equal teams
Map starts with the US, only having the beach flag
Below pic shows the 74 bots not in a squad have moved away from the beach flag,where they originally spawned

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27-03-2011, 11:03:34 »
In short, the idling bots is caused by a problem with the AI in FH2, not BF2.

Even with 64 (or less) bots in FH you'll get a number of bots standing around doing nothing, usually AT bots.

On topic: Haven't tried it yet, but what a top idea. Nice one Kev... :)

Offline YaPh1l

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27-03-2011, 13:03:39 »
96 bots works without big lags with this method while using only BF2 starts lagging with 48 bots for me. Thanks!
But I have some questions:
- How do I balance the bots correctly? When using BF2 to start a server I set AIDefault.ai to the max. number of bots (96), bot ratio to 100 and bot count to 48 and both teams have 48 bots. But somehow the server works differently.
- How can I set different map sizes. Event with MaxPlayers set to 64, the serevr uses the 32 player size. Is this even possible?

Best regards, Phil.

Offline Devilman

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30-03-2011, 14:03:18 »
OK. I stand corrected. The extra bots just don't receive commander orders, but they do something. Cheers.

It seems that the so called "active bot limit",has been a common misconception for years
Even one of the BF2/DICE coders,Power Poker,was under the same impression
Even though he did a lot of AI coding for DICE himself  ???

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 31-03-2011, 17:03:29 »
So what orders DO those extra bots get. I sure see everyone charge in hell for leather when i have 120 bots, but i can't tell if they are just engaging enemy as they see them, or moving to cap flags.

Offline lemonwire

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01-04-2011, 16:04:27 »
96 bots works without big lags with this method while using only BF2 starts lagging with 48 bots for me. Thanks!
But I have some questions:
- How do I balance the bots correctly? When using BF2 to start a server I set AIDefault.ai to the max. number of bots (96), bot ratio to 100 and bot count to 48 and both teams have 48 bots. But somehow the server works differently.
- How can I set different map sizes. Event with MaxPlayers set to 64, the serevr uses the 32 player size. Is this even possible?

Best regards, Phil.

I also can confirm that there is a huge FPS boost when using the dedicated server method with 96 bots, I'd usually be stuttering with this amount on normal bf2.
also I'd like to know the answers to Phil's questions,
If I can't get even teams with higher numbers, there won't be any point using the dedicated servers method since I have high fps with lower bot amounts anyway. But this looks really really promising.

Edit: Actually, even with only 64 bots, using the dedicated method, there is a HUGE fps boost especially on maps that used to be EPIC laggy for me, such as Anctoville, thanks a bunch for the great suggestion!
« Last Edit: 03-04-2011, 14:04:29 by lemonwire »

Offline YaPh1l

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02-04-2011, 00:04:52 »
I think I figured out the answers to my questions.
Here is what I did step by step for FH2 (but should work with any mod):
Open Program Files\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2\AI\AIDefault.ai with notepad
Back it up before proceeding!
Change aiSettings.setMaxNBots BOT_NUMBER to the total number of bots you want ingame.
Save it.

Go to Documents\Battlefield 2\ServerConfigs
- Open _serverSettings.con with notepad
Change sv.coopBotCount BOT_NUMBER to the half of the number you saved in AIDefault.ai
Change sv.coopBotRatio BOT_RATIO to 100
Change sv.coopBotDifficulty BOT_DIFF to the difficulty level you want (10-100)
Save it.
- Open _mapList.con with notepad
For each map write one line with MapList.append MAP_NAME gpm_coop MAP_SIZE
Note that MAP_NAME has to be the name of the map's folder and MAP_SIZE has to be valid.
Save it.

Open a command prompt
Execute cd "Your Install Folder Of\Battlefield 2"
And then Bf2_w32ded.exe +ai 1 +gameMode gamemode +config "@HOME@/ServerConfigs/_serverSettings.con" +mapList "@HOME@/ServerConfigs/_maplist.con" +modPath mods/fh2 +ignoreAsserts 1

Set the affinity of the process(es).
And don't forget to change AIDefault.ai back to it's original state.

Best regards, Phil.

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #23 on: 17-04-2011, 20:04:08 »
I have not tried that method yet but it looks similar to what I just got working using BF2CC. Here is a guide I wrote ...

Setting up a Coop or SP Battlefield 2 Game on a Multi Core Machine

That produces 64 bots equally balanced between each team, but I have not yet tried more than 64 bots.

Plus I have a question. I think I need to add the FH server files. If so then do I just add all the SP fixes again ?
« Last Edit: 17-04-2011, 21:04:06 by DJ Barney »