Author Topic: MOTY 2012  (Read 4000 times)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: MOTY 2012
« Reply #45 on: 22-06-2013, 23:06:24 »
Relax, check the latest update. It has been posted this very month: should say enough.

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 23-06-2013, 00:06:45 »
Besides remember that Suomi kp31, that was made a couple of years ago ;)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 23-06-2013, 00:06:26 »
Yeah relax. I wouldn't say there is reason for panic just yet. Work on the Eastern front has actually progressed quite far and once some of the real life issues are sorted it will be finished.

Offline Roughbeak

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 23-06-2013, 00:06:50 »
Yeah relax. I wouldn't say there is reason for panic just yet. Work on the Eastern front has actually progressed quite far and once some of the real life issues are sorted it will be finished.
Good
Actually for the past week i have been thinking of becoming a betatester.
« Last Edit: 23-06-2013, 00:06:36 by Roughbeak »

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 23-06-2013, 09:06:12 »
 Unfortunately the warning signs are very clear.

I wonder what happened to make everyone just walk away?

- Long development time
- other interests
- better game engines
- lack of community interests

It saddens me as i truly have come to love FH2. I simply cannot tolerate the Modern Warfare games.

This is really the only Multi-player game that i enjoy playing & it was on the cutting edge of WW2 Gaming, however after 7-8 years in development, i guess i can understand how we have come to where we are.

:'(

Offline Roughbeak

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 23-06-2013, 15:06:22 »
Devs if you ever plan to die, release everything you made (EVERYTHING) on a fh2 download. ;)
Then we can at least put the vehicles on another code and use it to some degree.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 23-06-2013, 16:06:06 »
^ I'm sorry but that just sounds so fucking greedy and sick it's making me awfully nauseous. I too wish FH2 was much bigger and better, but the devs are doing it because it's sort of their passion. And while it's great fans enjoy the mod and keep playing it, saying stuff like "release things you won't kind of finish before you die so WE can enjoy it" seems just way out of line. I'm pretty sure you could get your "appreciation" across using far better words.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 23-06-2013, 16:06:25 »
^ I'm sorry but that just sounds so fucking greedy and sick it's making me awfully nauseous. I too wish FH2 was much bigger and better, but the devs are doing it because it's sort of their passion. And while it's great fans enjoy the mod and keep playing it, saying stuff like "release things you won't kind of finish before you die so WE can enjoy it" seems just way out of line. I'm pretty sure you could get your "appreciation" across using far better words.

Oh give him a break McCloskey, he's relatively new and maybe not that familiar with certain... sad events that happened in the past related to FH2... I'm sure he didn't mean to offend anyone...

But yeah that did hit a certain sensitive spot...
« Last Edit: 23-06-2013, 16:06:03 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 23-06-2013, 17:06:45 »
It saddens me as i truly have come to love FH2. I simply cannot tolerate the Modern Warfare games.

This is really the only Multi-player game that i enjoy playing & it was on the cutting edge of WW2 Gaming, however after 7-8 years in development, i guess i can understand how we have come to where we are.
I love FH2 just the same, and I have the same reasons too, but it's not like the mod is dead or something.

Dead mods:
- don't have updates anymore for a very loing time (over a year)
- don't have people playing them, let alone playing them everyday
- don't have an active devteam, and although it doesn't sem to be very active atm, there is still a devteam

Offline Roughbeak

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 23-06-2013, 17:06:00 »
Sorry, i did not mean it that way. All i meant was: it would be nice to have all of the awesome stuff you have worked on if it died.
It would be a waist just to let it die and not release the motherboard of fh2 we have been waiting for...
I love FH2 as it is but if it did die...all the big time fans of it will receive the files.. ^

Peace.. 8)
« Last Edit: 23-06-2013, 17:06:32 by Roughbeak »

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 23-06-2013, 18:06:59 »

I love FH2 just the same, and I have the same reasons too, but it's not like the mod is dead or something.

Dead mods:
- don't have updates anymore for a very loing time (over a year)
- don't have people playing them, let alone playing them everyday
- don't have an active devteam, and although it doesn't sem to be very active atm, there is still a devteam

In light of this information, is it possible that the mod will "Open Up" a bit and take a hard look at some custom maps or even.....French Hope?

;)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 23-06-2013, 18:06:46 »
Mmm, Warsaw in FH2  8)

We have sighted Stonne in the Test Server, and numerous French vehicles in the change log, ya' know.  ;)

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 23-06-2013, 19:06:16 »
I haven't been at the test sessions for the past year, neither have I been active in these forums, but I'm still lurking around everyday, and guys, from what I've seen, there's still a shitload of pretty neat things hidden from you. ;D

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 23-06-2013, 19:06:02 »
That's good to hear!  :D