Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 65616 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #90 on: 25-04-2013, 20:04:41 »
Yeah I think that too. I'm working on a Russian front map atm that will have 32 and 16p layers, imo there is no reason not  to include them.

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 25-04-2013, 21:04:04 »
I believe Operation Cobra should have the 16 player version. So i have been thinking would this be cool if this was the scene:
United States coming down the hill (from the flag Trainstation), then the Hebrecrevon Church was the "king of the hill flag.
Then Germans spawn north of Hebrecrevon Church or the airfield flag. :D

I have mentioned this in another thread though...
« Last Edit: 26-04-2013, 01:04:08 by Roughbeak »

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 25-04-2013, 23:04:23 »
Hebecrevon in Operation Cobra is a very well designed town, I love playing there and feel its rarely fully appreciated. I'd love to see 16 and 32 layers there.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 26-04-2013, 01:04:39 »
Another idea off of the smaller layers idea: A gamemode for some maps that's strictly tanking. Kind of like the project reality 'vehicle warfare' that it has for some of its larger maps. I think maps like Totalize, El Al, Villers, Cobra and some larger maps could have this game mode. Engineer kits or tanker kits are the only spawnable classes (maybe put some tank hunter kits as pickups?) and just a bunch of tanks at the main bases for everyone to use. Change the flag layouts to just 2-3 flags and so that their radiuses (radius plural :P) are very large and so that infantry can't cap them only tanks can. Just all out tank warfare to hone your tanking skills. Just gives the servers another option to chose from to add variability. And also with just a few flags it could play well with alot or a little amount of ppl. (Also no planes on this gamemode)

Sorry for the stream of consciousness post, hope you understand what I'm proposing :P

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 26-04-2013, 12:04:55 »
So...most of FH2 maps are unplayable, you say.

Are we even playing the same game?

Ok, so I'll sum up each map shortly:

1. Bardia - this map is quite too small, spawnraping in allied main is really annoying, however this map isn't so bad as one of the first maps.
2. Battle of Keren - cool map, mountain landscape with all these trenches looks really nice, however this push mode needs to be improved (this possibility of capping last italian flags when Italians have still 2 in 2nd line - shouldn't be like that), also I would like to see more open building at these two flags at the first line...
3. Siege of Giarabub - Counter Strike map...
4. Siege of Tobruk - well playing as Axis is fun, but when you play as Allies you are simply getting raped by everything....
5. Invasion of Crete - cool idea, but number of Bofors still needs to be reduced...
6. Battle for Sfakia - I think it's the best infantry map for me - a lot of possibilities of attack each flag, no bottlenecks, etc.
7. Sidi Rezegh - the gameplay needs to be changed to classing CQ without any modes with capping all flags by 1 team in order to win... Also Axis needs more tanks for the Counter Attack
8. Gazala - it's ok, for me favourite Africa map
9. Fall of Tobruk - the map is so so, maybe remove command arty...
10. Mersa Matruh - haven't got many opportunities to play on it, however I think it's to dark now, anyway I don't see any point for night maps in this game...
11. Alam Halfa - cool map for Axis, Allies are getting spawnraped
12. Operation Hyacinth - night map and bottleneck in the town...
13. El Alamein - ok
14. Supercharge - bottleneck map
15. Sidi Bou Zid - impossible to win for Americans - Axis only need to defend 1 flag with plenty of flaks and paks...
16. Mareth Line - really nice map, also one of my favourites for Africa
17. Tunis - Counter Strike map, really liked to be played by 762 admins on 128 player server (especially when it's full)
18.  Mount Olympus - great map for tanking, playing as infantry is so so - everybody are running like headless chickens in the town, also Castle is really hard to get...
19. Point Du Hoc - bottleneck and pro camping map, also these guns dont work since ages!
20. Port en Bessin - map is ok, but too easy to win for Brits - they only need to cap fast and hold 2 flags...
21. Purple Heart Line - bottleneck map, impossible to win for Axis
22. Anctoville (non objective mode) - it's ok
23. Villers Bocage - ok, with the best Normandy tanking
24. Ramelle - Neuville - no commnent...
25. Lebisey - ok, but it's really difficult to make a successful counter attack for Axis...
26. St. Lo - ok, however I don't like the way how this push mode works - 1 flag blocks 3...
27. Op. Goodwood - always ends with camping on Axis main
28. Op. Cobra - ok, but new push mode only makes things more difficult for Axis than before...
29. Op. Luttich -ok
30. Op. Totalize  -ok, but I think that it's quite in favor of Allied team now...
31. Falaise Pocket - bottleneck map
32. Battle of Brest - bottleneck map
33. Hurtgen Forest - bottlenck map
34. Vossenack -ok
35. Eppeldorf - ok
36. St. Vith - too much difficult for Axis, no wrench kit, seriously?
37. Bastogne - ok, but I think Mont should be possible to cap only if Wardin and Margeret is capped, anyway I've noticed that push mode doesnt work at all now on this map, making it unplayable
38. Meuse River - I prefered previous version...

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 26-04-2013, 12:04:43 »
Bloody hell, didn't realise how many maps there were in fh2...

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 26-04-2013, 13:04:51 »
Pity that most of them are unplayable...

Offline Gotkai

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 26-04-2013, 14:04:52 »
Most of them are playable. What you consider "unplayable" is a matter of taste. Nothing else.
Objective mode is broken, these maps are really unplayable, some are really perfect and some needs some tweaks.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 26-04-2013, 14:04:32 »
Meuse River old was fine. Everyone love it until it was played too much. The new version is ok but much worse in my opinion. Pejsaty got some points on those maps although I would not agree on some points.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 26-04-2013, 15:04:26 »
Meuse needs more open buildings, right now its just running arount in open streets, in a town thats at the bottom of a valley.  Tanks, MGs and snipers just sit on the hills and cut infrantry down.  I think some open buildings would make moving around on this map much easier.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 26-04-2013, 15:04:45 »

Ok, so I'll sum up each map shortly:

1. Bardia - this map is quite too small, spawnraping in allied main is really annoying, however this map isn't so bad as one of the first maps.
It's only small for more than 64 players, otherwise quite enjoyable
2. Battle of Keren - cool map, mountain landscape with all these trenches looks really nice, however this push mode needs to be improved (this possibility of capping last italian flags when Italians have still 2 in 2nd line - shouldn't be like that), also I would like to see more open building at these two flags at the first line...
I think this is fairly balanced. The possiblilty of capping last flags is not that annoying... and it rarely happens
3. Siege of Giarabub - Counter Strike map...
not really, it's quite big... Of course still to small for more than 64 players as it gets spammy
4. Siege of Tobruk - well playing as Axis is fun, but when you play as Allies you are simply getting raped by everything....
It's just that kind of a map, there's not a lot that it can be done to fix it... I think the past versions were far worse...
5. Invasion of Crete - cool idea, but number of Bofors still needs to be reduced...
Needs a wider Axis airfield for more than 64 players. Otherwise it's good, you only need a decent pilot that knows how to fly high and some lucky squadleaders to make the jump...
6. Battle for Sfakia - I think it's the best infantry map for me - a lot of possibilities of attack each flag, no bottlenecks, etc.
7. Sidi Rezegh - the gameplay needs to be changed to classing CQ without any modes with capping all flags by 1 team in order to win... Also Axis needs more tanks for the Counter Attack
Haven't played this for a while but I believe it was much more broken in the past... Now it's mostly fixed, but it's "reputation" remains...
8. Gazala - it's ok, for me favourite Africa map

9. Fall of Tobruk - the map is so so, maybe remove command arty...
Good map, but requires teamwork and coordination from the attackers, as do most maps where one team needs to gain a foothold and push to the end.
10. Mersa Matruh - haven't got many opportunities to play on it, however I think it's to dark now, anyway I don't see any point for night maps in this game...
Underplayed, and underestimated... It used to be a nice map for me when it was not a night map, now I rarely see it...
11. Alam Halfa - cool map for Axis, Allies are getting spawnraped
Problem here is that most Allies don't know what mines are... Or they think they are useless.
12. Operation Hyacinth - night map and bottleneck in the town...
I rarely see this, mostly because of broken objectives
13. El Alamein - ok
14. Supercharge - bottleneck map
Again, as with most push maps, it can be very hard if the defenders are smart, and very easy if they suck. The problem is the later stage, where Axis don't quite have the strength or means to push back, and Allies have major problems getting into El Daba... Leading to a boring stalemate where Axis slowly bleed out...
15. Sidi Bou Zid - impossible to win for Americans - Axis only need to defend 1 flag with plenty of flaks and paks...
Agreed, this map seems like it hasn't been properly tested...
16. Mareth Line - really nice map, also one of my favourites for Africa
Still quite hard for the Allies to push Axis, but way better since the addition of P-40s
17. Tunis - Counter Strike map, really liked to be played by 762 admins on 128 player server (especially when it's full)
Not designed for more than 64p
18.  Mount Olympus - great map for tanking, playing as infantry is so so - everybody are running like headless chickens in the town, also Castle is really hard to get...
Was not that liked before, now it seems it has improved.
19. Point Du Hoc - bottleneck and pro camping map, also these guns dont work since ages!
Bottleneck can be broken... You just need a smart commander... Also not designed with more than 64p in mind...
20. Port en Bessin - map is ok, but too easy to win for Brits - they only need to cap fast and hold 2 flags...
It used to be too hard to win, now it's mostly balanced... If the Axis suck in holding church it's their problem
21. Purple Heart Line - bottleneck map, impossible to win for Axis
It's possible, but it takes a very sucky Allied team
22. Anctoville (non objective mode) - it's ok
23. Villers Bocage - ok, with the best Normandy tanking
24. Ramelle - Neuville - no commnent...
It's mostly luck in with Allied tankers and not capping Right Flank to grant the Axis another Tiger
25. Lebisey - ok, but it's really difficult to make a successful counter attack for Axis...
26. St. Lo - ok, however I don't like the way how this push mode works - 1 flag blocks 3...
Very easy (and boring) for Axis if the Allies don't attack Hill.
27. Op. Goodwood - always ends with camping on Axis main
28. Op. Cobra - ok, but new push mode only makes things more difficult for Axis than before...
29. Op. Luttich -ok
30. Op. Totalize  -ok, but I think that it's quite in favor of Allied team now...
31. Falaise Pocket - bottleneck map
Quite hard for Axis, even with the addition of push...
32. Battle of Brest - bottleneck map
Too spammy with more than 64p, otherwise ok.
33. Hurtgen Forest - bottlenck map
Used to be overplayed now I never see it...
34. Vossenack -ok
35. Eppeldorf - ok
36. St. Vith - too much difficult for Axis, no wrench kit, seriously?
37. Bastogne - ok, but I think Mont should be possible to cap only if Wardin and Margeret is capped, anyway I've noticed that push mode doesnt work at all now on this map, making it unplayable
Currently broken, otherwise was quite good...
38. Meuse River - I prefered previous version...
I liked the previous version too.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Gotkai

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 26-04-2013, 17:04:51 »
Seriously? From which version are you talking?
Purple Heart Lane allied biased? Most of the rounds win axis teams.

Supercharge. Horrible imbalanced through full on attack and sector mode. Most of the time it´s massacre, but germans win. Not really enjoyable if you ask me.

Port en Bessin closely balanced? Seriously, no. Far from that. Allies can manage to win this map, although they bleed the whole time.

Operation Goodwood usually ends in camping in front of axis main? And why was the majority won by axis?

Operation is a hard piece of work for allies. Don´t know where the need was to give them Hawkins mines instead of Bazookas.

To complain about maps  which weren´t designed for 64+ players is a bit strange. Some maps (town maps) are really not designed (btw. atm is not one single map designed for that) for that amount of players. Why still wondering about the issues on them?

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 26-04-2013, 18:04:40 »
Seriously? From which version are you talking?

Completely agree with your corrections Gotkai.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 26-04-2013, 20:04:00 »
He´s right though about the lack of wrenches on St. Vith. The map has a lot of potential and would be under my personal top 10 if it had an engineer kit. Without it, it´s just not enjoyable.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 26-04-2013, 20:04:53 »
Yes that was a colossal mistake. The wrench was sacrificed to get more slots for weapons you could have as pickup kits anyway.