Author Topic: Are we getting French Army?  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
Re: Are we getting French Army?
« Reply #15 on: 04-03-2015, 23:03:06 »
Depends.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04-03-2015, 23:03:18 »
well yeah you can slap together a generic map in an evening, but I'd like to think FH2 is above that by now.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05-03-2015, 06:03:00 »
I didn't mean the effort you put in a map, be it 50 hours or 250, it gets as far as assets go. And in my experience the assets don't come easily.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05-03-2015, 12:03:07 »
That's not hundred percent true either. You don't make a map and set a limit wich kind of assets you use and how many of them. Alot of it comes down to creativity. At the moment I would say, that it is easier to make a map settled in France than in Russia for example when you just take a rough look at the available assets. Vehicles and players models are an issue ofcourse, but the map itself is not determined by the assets alone. You can spend alot of time with stuff that is not connected to to any kind of assets at all.

At the end a good map will take a fairly long time, equal whether it's western front or eastern front or what ever, including all different aspects. Proper planning, gameplay, visual style etc. The most important thing is what you make out of the stuff available. Sometimes less is more. Just take a look at Eppeldorf: fairly simple map that doesn't use all Bulge statics and is still a masterpiece.

For a well executed map in all aspects you can easily plan with a half year, if you are fast and know what you are doing. I am not and still in a learning process for example, so for me it takes longer. The question is how easily you are satisfied with your own work, or whether you want to try new/different stuff and push things forward.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05-03-2015, 15:03:32 »
I do two sessions each month so there's more contemplating and little room to play around, so mentality really differs, but currently what keeps me from putting effort into a monte cassino is the lack of assets to play around with. Maybe it'll come about in winter but that REALLY depends.

But when it's all set in design and there are no time constraints you can just have it done tested in three weeks. But the background work matters ofc, it's a process of several months. But that doesn't mean you cannot get 12 maps done in a year.
« Last Edit: 05-03-2015, 15:03:52 by Airshark79 »

Offline coldroll

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10-04-2015, 04:04:39 »
Maybe you guys will add the french army some day or at least planned on it because I looked thorough the music file and found french win and lose music.