Author Topic: How Did You Find Out About FH1/2?  (Read 13144 times)

azreal

How Did You Find Out About FH1/2?
« on: 07-12-2010, 17:12:24 »
Curiosity has gotten the best of me once again.

We were all new at one point. How did everyone find out about this mod? If you played both FH1 and FH2, state how you discovered both mods. Thank you.

EDIT: if you can remember where, please try and specifically state which website you found the mod on.
« Last Edit: 07-12-2010, 17:12:09 by azreal »

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: How Did You Find Out About FH1/2?
« Reply #1 on: 07-12-2010, 17:12:21 »
FH1: Some site had info about bunch of unreleased BF42 mods. Spotted FH --> it looked interesting --> followed it until it was released and downloaded it.

FH2: Well, the FH forums.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #2 on: 07-12-2010, 17:12:02 »
FH2: Found it listed (I think) on battlefieldsingleplayer.com, while looking for mods with SP (at the time I thought my account had been banned ::) ).

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-12-2010, 18:12:35 »
Flippy and I frequent the same private forum, where he constantly nagged me about not playing FH2, until I finally gave in around September '08. Together, we then proceeded to brainwash Auwin to join our glorious cause.

There is still another potential recruit there but he seems to be a hard nut to crack. Maybe we'll just have to "force-feed" him: snail-mail him BF2 along with two DVD-R's containing the updates and latest version of FH2 ;D

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: 07-12-2010, 18:12:38 »
Updates and whisperings on Planet Battlefield BF2 forums..
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-12-2010, 18:12:37 »
I once borrowed my friends bf2 since he wasn't playing it much anymore. I played vanilla bf2 few weeks, until I remembered that my friend used to play alot fh1 some time ago. Little google session and I found out there is fh2 out already (was 2.1). I downloaded it, amazed how awesome it is and bought my own copy of bf2 just to play fh2. My friend started playing fh2 too. Few months later I got myself own computer and as my brother wasn't able to play on my account anymore, he bought bf2 again just for fh2.

We also managed to brainwash one more friend to buy bf2 to play fh2 with us  :).

Offline SavageCDN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07-12-2010, 19:12:54 »
I think it was the BF1942 Realism mod (probably found on moddb or similar site)...went looking for similar type mods and found FH.  Knew that FH2 was coming but sorta got out of FPS games until last year when I bought BF2 specifically to try FH2.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07-12-2010, 19:12:27 »
FH1: well, *cough* (grandpa sits straight in his chair and start to tell), back in the days I was in a clan. We played BF1942 in the clanbase Euro ladder. Sewveral of the guys played Desert Combat, but that didn;t interest me. One guy played FH and showed me the site etc. I downloaded the mod and played it with him. I remember him saying over TS that "In FH when a Tiger comes around the corner you really shit your pants", thus comparing FH to Bf42 vanilla of course ;) I think it was around 0.5 or something like that, I really don't recall the exact patch number.

After FH1 petered out, I took a break, the clan went on into BF2, but after a short while we lost almost all members and I lost interest too.

Then, a few years later, I remembered FH and went to the site to check it out. FH2 was in its early development stage and since I couldn't download anything to play, I forgot about the mod for another few years. Then I revisited the site (I don't know what made me, a different game, or a movie, or a documentary, not sure) and saw that 2.1 was out already. DL and play!

So: first heard about it in my clan, then went back in later because I knew about the mod already.

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07-12-2010, 20:12:43 »
After I play the bf1942 multiplayer demo (1 month before bf1942 release), I searched for some mod. I saw EOD and after that I saw FH1. At the time, the mod was supposed to be about the first battle of ww2 with poland and french and senordingdong was the modleader.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07-12-2010, 21:12:39 »
I recall going to some Battlefield 1942 website, looking for more maps or patches for vanilla, and I discovered 'the real plane mod', then later battlegroup mod - And I was so amazed by its evolution-of-war-vehicles-during WW2-approach, that I kept looking for later version of it and more content.... And I stumbled across Fh1... Possibly, because at the time (Or shortly before), the 2 mods were somehow in some relationship....

Once I installed FH0.66, I didn't need another mod. And I couldn't bear Vanilla gameplay anymore

I got active on the forum, asking for eveerything, wondering about everything (Not much has changed since it would seem), then I begun getting the info that the mod was moving to Battlefield 2. By this time I had BF2 vanilla, so I just kept up with the development until it came out... By following updates from 2006 till 2007 when Fh2 finally came out, I became a regular on the forum. And was overwhelmed by Fh2.0, I almost couldn't go back to Fh1...

Almost... Then 2.2 came out, and from then on, my home-made FH1 dvds lie dusty
« Last Edit: 07-12-2010, 22:12:43 by djinn »

Offline Kradovech

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07-12-2010, 21:12:49 »
I cant recall the year anymore but I had been playing bf1942 for a few months. It was the first FPS I had ever played online, and I was pretty much in love with it. At that point I started lurking the planetbattlefield forums and thats where I found out what mods are and how they basically were  more content for free. I downloaded FH1 among other mods (desert combat, battlegroup, pirates....) which at that point was in its early stages, I recall especially enjoying the fact it was mostly based on rifle combat.  At one point the mod got too much for my computer to handle and I quit playing it for a year or two. Then, after getting a new computer, I remembered the mod again and decided to try it out. There had been numerous releases and I found it even more fun than I remembered. The fact there was no lag on my new PC also helped :). At that point FH1 became my number one game, for years. I got pretty good at it, was asked to join a clan by some lafette freak, had some good times there as well.

Then came the last release of FH1, (a pretty amazing release IIRC) and I started waiting for FH2 with everyone else. Hell, I remember I even draw a picture of the pre-FH2-release-community at one point, it got put on the fridge and everything.
*looks through old imageshack images*

Awww... Look how I misspelled happiness....

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07-12-2010, 22:12:25 »
Moddb when looking for some mods. I downloaded PR, Evve of Destruction and FH2 to see which one is the best.

The rest is history.. about 100 years from now.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07-12-2010, 22:12:53 »
On filefront, while hunting for mods, this was the first WW2 one I found

Offline RN_Max

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08-12-2010, 08:12:57 »
FH1:
I was a regular at the MFOTS Battle For Europe: Day of Defeat tournament, but it was getting dull and repetitive.  In 2004 I had a look at BFE: WaW and subsequently discovered that with FH, BF1942 no longer looked and played like a cheap cartoon ... a wasted purchase was rescued from the reject pile.

FH2:
I was a tester for FH1 and moving on to FH2 was the sole reason for my DC2 BF2 purchase.  My brief vanilla time was clocked up trying out and comparing various game elements.  If it wasn't for FH2 I would never have bothered with it.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08-12-2010, 09:12:29 »
Looking for BF1942 custom maps at BF1942files website. Then i struck at FH2 custom maps, which shows awesome custom vehicles such as Pz V Panther tanks. Traced it downloaded it (FH 0.67). Registered at Filefront forum around 2005 and started junking all around.

FH made me into WW2 geeks, now i know tanks, even down to its variants and shell types, uniform colors, issuance years, etc and things that I thought impossible to learn and remember one-by-one. Thanks to you guys. That caused me to want moar and moar stuff, FH was slow to develop, then I came into this game, Blitzkrieg, i was so into it that I left FH. Moreover, my PC couldn't rig BF2 smoothly, and their decision to stop FH1 at 0.7 saddened me.

But then after I bought new PC around 2007, this one can run BF2 nicely. I decided to come back to FH and it is on its way to 2.15. I reinstall my BF2 and d-led FH2. Re-register at Warumdarum around 2008.