Author Topic: Hearts of Iron  (Read 25554 times)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hearts of Iron
« Reply #225 on: 12-08-2014, 18:08:04 »

Offline Kalkalash

• aka Niko1992
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 12-08-2014, 18:08:13 »
Yeah, you need separate accounts for the forums and the plaza (the main site).
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 07-09-2014, 18:09:22 »
http://youtu.be/LxGNpPz_W2A

"But it's far more easier to play"
Uhm... Johan killed my boner. Hopefully we will still be able to micro as we want with no stupid plans for the retarded AI

I liked the production screen. Making new variants of tanks and other things is pretty cool.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 07-09-2014, 19:09:35 »
IIRC that's just for players who prefer to use the AI, just like HOI3 has the objectives thing for the AI.

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 08-09-2014, 02:09:58 »
The idea in HoI3 was great but the AI was pretty much useless so you had to babysit anyway. I hope that HoI4 will be a change as EU4 was to EU3. Although I miss the research from HoI1, it had so much flavor.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 08-09-2014, 04:09:07 »
That's why, for HOI3, I stick to the mods.  They tend to improve research vastly too.  HOI4 will be a great game, but what will make it truely shine brightest will be the excellent mods a year after it's release. ;)

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 20-11-2014, 21:11:02 »

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 20-11-2014, 23:11:53 »
Sounds very interesting

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 19-12-2014, 20:12:40 »

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 22-02-2015, 20:02:35 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D0jNe_dUVE

In case some missed the stream.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 11-04-2017, 19:04:27 »
I need help. In Hearts of Iron 4, I made a custom nation, however the game loads, everything is fine until the "Creating Checksum" part. Then it crashes. Help!
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline MajorMajor

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 12-04-2017, 16:04:31 »
Does anyone here still play Hearts of Iron III? I decided to give it a spin recently, and I'm finding it tons of fun.

I do have a lot of trouble with trade, though; I'm playing as Austria-Hungary with the WW1 mod (1.0) and I can't seem to keep my economy afloat... Consumer products are consuming most of my IC (42/63), meaning that I can't even build some extra divisions to man my long, long land borders.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 15-04-2017, 09:04:10 »
Does anyone here still play Hearts of Iron III? I decided to give it a spin recently, and I'm finding it tons of fun.

I do have a lot of trouble with trade, though; I'm playing as Austria-Hungary with the WW1 mod (1.0) and I can't seem to keep my economy afloat... Consumer products are consuming most of my IC (42/63), meaning that I can't even build some extra divisions to man my long, long land borders.

Consumer Goods will go down by a lot when you are in state of war, because the population will not need products anymore and the industry will begin focusing on military production.

You should take a look into your ministers, some ministers do have some great buffs like extra resources or extra money. Others will affect your IC negatively. Divisions are expensive nonetheless, even as Germany in prewar you can't build more than four infantry divisions (well built, with a good combined arms bonus) because my IC was distributed among many things. As Japan I was able to field a good number of divisions but sadly I had to sacrifice a lot of quality for numbers. Most of my divisions were "triangle" (Inf. Regiment + another Inf. Regiment or two support brigades), I was able to cover more ground but in combat they lost many battles against the Soviets when I was invaded and some Chinese units as well. Perhaps you can do that aswell and keep them as some sort of reserve.

If your borders are long and your army is not enough, you should be able to lose ground but in exchange you should be able to defend key positions, such as cities or rivers. Unless you want to go on the offensive early on.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 15-04-2017, 09:04:58 »
Yes, General Torenico is the expert.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline MajorMajor

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 15-04-2017, 10:04:09 »
First of all, thank you for the answers. Reading your Germany AAR in these forums a couple of years ago is what sparked my interest in HoI, even though I didn't start playing until last week.

Consumer Goods will go down by a lot when you are in state of war, because the population will not need products anymore and the industry will begin focusing on military production.

Indeed, once war broke out my CG needs dropped like a rock. I also noticed a substantial decrease before the war started, when the Agadir Crisis event kicked in. I've done some more research and apparently CG are tied to neutrality.

If your borders are long and your army is not enough, you should be able to lose ground but in exchange you should be able to defend key positions, such as cities or rivers. Unless you want to go on the offensive early on.

Would you say that building forts in the parts of your frontier not covered by rivers is a good idea? They are a bit pricy but then again I'm not going to spend anything on my navy.

I've found that going on the offensive as A-H against the Russians is suicidal, many of the attacks involve river crossings and I haven't got enough divisions to push to the next decent defensive line, the Dnepr. I'm quite pleased though that the AI in this game isn't totally brain-dead, for they actually keep launching brutal attacks in the parts of my front not anchored behind riverlines. On a semi-related note... are marines worth it for a land power? I've read that a MAR + MAR + ENG is pretty good for river crossings.

Finally, one last question: I have one army made mostly of mountaineer divisions, which has performed well in the Balkans against Serbia, Montenegro and Greece. However, I've read that artillery support brigades suffer crippling maluses when fighting in mountains, as well as slowing down my infantry. Is MTN + MTN + ART a bad division composition?