Author Topic: night maps  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Sir_Pee_Alot

• View Profile
night maps
« on: 03-07-2012, 01:07:11 »
with some more night maps coming in 2.45

are the flares fixed now, and and tweaks to the flak lights

and with the object mode and 101st airborne would it not be cool to have a map where you need to jump out of planes and destroy flak 88,s and radio,s and flakvierings

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
Re: night maps
« Reply #1 on: 03-07-2012, 03:07:42 »
Mersa Matruh will become a night map, not sure about others.

No clue about flares and flak lights, didn't know there was something wrong with em.

I would love a 101st Airborne jump over St. Mere Eglise where you blow up artillery batteries behind Utah Beach and capture the town itself.

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03-07-2012, 05:07:54 »
The fight for St-Mere-Eglise the night of June 5th/morning of the 6th was conducted by the 82nd Airborne. As far as I know, there was very little "real" fighting the night of the jump, St-Mere-Eglise being the only notable exception. The reason for this is the troopers were spread over a large area, and that paired with the difficulty of mustering an effective fighting force in the dark reduced most confrontations with the enemy to small skirmishes. I'm not positive though, if anyone more enlightened than I has better info feel free to correct.

However, I have long dreamt of a Normandy night drop map done in a style similar to Crete. Aside from the historical deficiencies for building such a map, I know it would be logistically real tough to make work. I would LOVE to have the feeling of dropping into a dark French countryside, more or less alone, and have to fight my way through the night to pave my way for the Allied invasion though :) Goosebumps anyone?
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03-07-2012, 08:07:05 »
Pretty much everyone in the team looks forward to a Sainte-Mere-Eglise map where you jump out of a plane and fight your way through the iconic town with the church and everything. This is highly likely to happen some day :)

Offline Easy Eight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03-07-2012, 11:07:59 »
[...]
However, I have long dreamt of a Normandy night drop map done in a style similar to Crete. Aside from the historical deficiencies for building such a map, I know it would be logistically real tough to make work. I would LOVE to have the feeling of dropping into a dark French countryside, more or less alone, and have to fight my way through the night to pave my way for the Allied invasion though :) Goosebumps anyone?
How about the Battle of the Merville Gun Battery? Knowing the FHSW CQ version I think it would be an even more epic objective map. :)

« Last Edit: 03-07-2012, 11:07:13 by Easy Eight »

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03-07-2012, 12:07:44 »
cool Easy Eight! I have been thinking about making such map :) We just dont have the bunkers modelled, and im unsure about the game play (objective mode or push or what..)

Can you upload the .rfa file for this level?

Offline Wakain

• Why no Italian bias?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03-07-2012, 12:07:46 »
Mersa Matruh will become a night map, not sure about others.
Eppeldorf and Keren will become nightmaps on the 32 layer. There was a devblog about it, here it is:
The Nightman Cometh Devblog

Btw, could a dev tell whether Mersa Matruh will from now on be a nightmap and a nightmap only or just on the 32 layer. The relevant devblog hints at the first option but as it was posted before anyone spoke about the possibily of using layers differently things might have changed.
Cheers and sorry to hi-jack (love the word) this thread.

Offline Easy Eight

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03-07-2012, 14:07:43 »
cool Easy Eight! I have been thinking about making such map :) We just dont have the bunkers modelled, and im unsure about the game play (objective mode or push or what..)

Download
Be aware that it's the Map Tweak Pack variant, so it's a bit WIP still.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03-07-2012, 15:07:58 »
Wakain, Mersa will be night map only ;)

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03-07-2012, 17:07:22 »
Flares may be buggy depending on graphics setting. I usually have mine at the lowest when playing MP, but I can't remember ever seeing them, not that I'd need them to see clearly on Barce/Hyacinth or something else.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04-07-2012, 07:07:28 »

Download
Be aware that it's the Map Tweak Pack variant, so it's a bit WIP still.

next FHSW update sounds to be coming real soon.  Most of the Maptweaks D/L content is related to fixing glitches, adding/removing kits and vehicles, and balance issues as the map layouts are tested well in advance of release.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Wakain

• Why no Italian bias?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04-07-2012, 14:07:39 »
Wakain, Mersa will be night map only ;)

Cheers, I think the added cover of night will be duly appreciated by the infantry!