Author Topic: Conspiracies Thread Mk II  (Read 246868 times)

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
Re: Conspiracies Thread Mk II
« Reply #1275 on: 23-09-2013, 16:09:20 »
Just get on your knees already boy and do it  ;D. The map is worth it.
The map is about a world with out borders, where one man can change the tide of the war.  A woman in search of a dog. Coming soon...

And as member of the dick owning club I can proudly say Yes dammit there should be more appreciation of the dick. Woman should flock to us instead us hounding them.

Can I get a hell yes brother, don't leave it hanging there ...
Epic post

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: 23-09-2013, 17:09:13 »
It is not even his map... he just helps to fin(n)ish it.
We are getting closer by the minute! :o

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: 23-09-2013, 17:09:08 »
Playing the other day, I got a suspicion.

What if the devs are going to troll us and remove everything except the Finnish and African front? Existing Normandy/Bulge maps are just renamed and vehicles and some statics replaced (and in some cases, attacker/defender reversed). St. Vith will become Viipuri, Hürtgenwald will become Ihantala, etc.

No. Wait. Africa is barren... Lapland is barren... they are going to transform Africa into Lapland War! Bardia will become Kemi, Tunis will become Rovaniemi... How does shooting down Stukas with a Brewster sound?

:P

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: 23-09-2013, 18:09:39 »
Holy shit great idea.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: 06-10-2013, 14:10:43 »
I vote we theorize what map TS has made that will blow us and our collective dicks away...

it's a night winter map iirc?

Do you mean this one?

That is Malmedy. I gave it to FHT, they will make some changes to it and then you can play it if you want.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: 07-10-2013, 00:10:32 »
I somewhat doubt that.  :-X
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: 07-10-2013, 00:10:06 »

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: 07-10-2013, 21:10:23 »
?

What you said just doesn't add up. There are many questions and doubts I have about Malmedy:

-Was this a personal project for yourself/the public or was it aimed for the mod?
-Why on one pic of the map the minimap shows but on the others they are covered- looking at the minimap, it doesn't really show much of the map, so why cover the other ones?
-Lastly, if this map was for the mod, are you testing it with the tournaments?

Sorry for all the questions, it just seems odd you openly announced your map, instead of keeping it a secret..
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: 07-10-2013, 21:10:30 »
Your brain probably get oveheated with too much conspiracies. It's a custom map which he gave to FHT because he can do what he want with his map, can't he? Malmedy has nothing to do with other map mentioned on this forum Ts4EVER is working on at the moment.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: 07-10-2013, 21:10:33 »
?

What you said just doesn't add up. There are many questions and doubts I have about Malmedy:

-Was this a personal project for yourself/the public or was it aimed for the mod?
-Why on one pic of the map the minimap shows but on the others they are covered- looking at the minimap, it doesn't really show much of the map, so why cover the other ones?
-Lastly, if this map was for the mod, are you testing it with the tournaments?

Sorry for all the questions, it just seems odd you openly announced your map, instead of keeping it a secret..

It was always my dream to have a map in the mod, however, that takes practice and lots of maps that dont make it. This was one of the maps I made internally to practice and show off some skills. Maybe it will end up in the mod some day, although it would need some custom models.

This is the minimap.
It plays in the very early morning hours of December 21 1944 near Malmedy. The 150th Pazer Brigade, equipped with Panthers and Stugs modified to look like US vehicles attacks US forces with the intent of capturing Malmedy and the important cross roads there. In reality the assault was stopped by US artillery at the train dam after the early morning fog lifted.

This is one of the fake M10 Panthers. The chimney in the background belongs to the Paper Factory, which is also ingame.

I made three game modes for it. For 64 players it can either be played in objective or sector push mode. In both modes the map is an infantry heavy "meatgrinder" type map, but with an emphasis on long range combat. The Germans will need to use their tanks to full effect in order to break though the American lines.

For 16 players there is a king of the hill mode where you fight for malmedy church.

I finished the map to teach me techniques like texturing, color correction, advanced lightmapping etc.

Some time ago I was approached by someone from Forgotten Honor because they needed maps for their Bulge campaign, so I gave it to them. I dont think it would work well in a tournament setting due to its meat grinder design, so I'm sure they will modify it heavily.
« Last Edit: 07-10-2013, 21:10:33 by Ts4EVER »

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: 07-10-2013, 21:10:07 »
Your brain probably get oveheated with too much conspiracies.
^This

My apologies for doubting your work, that looks like a very nice map.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: 08-10-2013, 00:10:48 »
TS that map sounds awesome from a situation point of view. The thought of an FH map with modified/ deceptive equipment sounds awesome. 8) I'd love to see how it plays out and if it could be worked for the actual mod.

When you say it needs new models, the only thing that looks different on the Panther in the picture is the sheet metal welded onto its turret to disrupt is silhouette.

Could that be done the same way the shermans in-game carry different equipment and loadouts? ie the firefly is just the sherman V with a modification in the file telling the model to have a different turret?

So it could be done so that someone just had to model the sheet metal part and not remodel a whole new panther?

EDIT: also a reskin of the panther & stug into olive drab with the 5AD-10TB-BCo. Markings   
« Last Edit: 08-10-2013, 00:10:23 by Matthew_Baker »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: 19-10-2013, 10:10:06 »
no conspiracies for almost two weeks? come on guys, don't dissapoint me.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: 19-10-2013, 13:10:04 »
LOL, the BT version of "Why no newsupdate devs??!?"

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: 19-10-2013, 18:10:35 »
Well I don't recall seeing anything about this in the thread so far, but it's obviously been in the files since 2.45 came out. This thread has been a bit quiet for a while so let's go nutjob (like 'moon landing' conspiracy) here 8)

A few weeks ago I noticed a USMC texture for the M3A1 Stuart in the files. ;) which (to my knowledge) can only be used on one front. So is it the wishful thinking of one dev making a texture JUST IN CASE development gets that far? Or is there a larger conspiracy a foot! :o

Conspire....