Poll

Which ones have you played more than 20 hours?

'Nam
DC
FH
FH2
PR
FS
BC
BC2
BC2 'Nam
BF3
BF3:Premium
BF4
BF4:Premium
Hardline
Modern Combat
FinnWars
Galactic Conquest
Interstate
Eve of Destruction
Battlegroup 42
Pirates
Pirates 2
EoD 2
Fun Racingg
AIX
PoE
Alpha Project

Author Topic: Which BF Titles Have You Played More Than 20 Hours?  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
Re: Which BF Titles Have You Played More Than 20 Hours?
« Reply #30 on: 15-08-2014, 22:08:51 »
Oh BFH. I played quite a bit of that

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 16-08-2014, 00:08:01 »
BF1942 was the first game I bought after Half-Life, I played it a gazillion times, and was part of a clan which reached to the nr one position in Clanbase ladder. Playing, matches, practise, and more playing. So, lots and lots of hours went into BF1942. I managed to get a 20 vs 20 match going on once on a LAN party where nobody knew about the game. Gosh, the memories...

FH1 was the mod I played the most for 1942, and after that EoD. I simply like WWII the best and after that Vietnam, so that figures.

I also played BF1918, but I could only play it online in an F|H tournament (it was the reason for me to join there). LOL moments when shooting down zeppelins with those tiny French tanks (Renaults, I believe).

Also a lot of LOL moments with Pirates, shiver me timbers, aaarrrr.

When BF2 came out, the clan I was in died shortly after, because modern warfare wasn't our thing. It isn't mine either, but I think I reached over 20 hours anyway.

Mods were the same as for BF1942: WWII mod (FH2) Vietnam mod (EoD2) and WWI (BF1918 - 2 although that was only in SP), except for Pirates. I never tried that in BF2.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 16-08-2014, 01:08:24 »
BF1942 was the first game I bought after Half-Life, I played it a gazillion times, and was part of a clan which reached to the nr one position in Clanbase ladder. Playing, matches, practise, and more playing. So, lots and lots of hours went into BF1942. I managed to get a 20 vs 20 match going on once on a LAN party where nobody knew about the game. Gosh, the memories...
That feeling when I managed to organize 16 vs 16 FH1 lan party once. Those were good times.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 16-08-2014, 01:08:12 »
That feeling when I managed to organize 16 vs 16 FH1 lan party once. Those were good times.

20v20 FH1 LAN game?! :'( why wasn't I friends with you guys a decade ago?

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 16-08-2014, 01:08:38 »
My suggestion for a poll was more in line of people who only bought bf2 to play this (although I seem to recall we had that poll once already).

YUP.

When I found FH1, FH2 was just beginning development. I eagerly awaited its release. I was a quite young and naive fellow. Got trolled one day on the Wolf server: "s0med00d: Hey, you guys hear that FH2 is being released this weekend?" "TASSER: WHAAAAAAAATTT?"

Bought a copy of BF2 that night. FH2 was released some months later lol.

My list:
BF42 - Huge life changer for me. Always been big into history, this game put me in the shoes of someone serving in WWII. I loved it. (Another funny story, went to buy Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Store didn't have it. Bought BF42 instead. Rest is history)

FH1 - Even bigger life changer for me. The reasons I stated above for BF42 were amplified exponentially. I couldn't even look at vanilla BF42 anymore.

BFV - Got some decent play time in here, loved the music.

FH2 - Same thoughts from FH1, exponentially increased again.

PR - Logged a few hours, been interested in getting into it. The game play fascinates me.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 16-08-2014, 02:08:24 »
Oh noes! Someone prefer to play FH2 instead of vBF2! Deal with it. It doesn't make the mod any worse. Far from it. Battlefield sucks monkey balls after 2142 anyway.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 16-08-2014, 08:08:25 »
BF1942 (2002), Vietnam (2004), and BF2 (2005)
I tried BF1942, Vietnam, and 2. Then I discovered FH for BF1942 back in 2005. I never turned back. BF2 SP really put me off from that game.

FH2 (2005)
All of those gave me 20++ hours to play. Then FH2 came, and I already dumped BF2 for FH1. Pretty sad really, I have to dump all the contents and maps for brand new game that only feature North Africa. Feeling a bit mixed, but in the end FH2 is golden.

BF3 (2013)
Finally I get BF3 as a token of apology from EA over Simcity launch disaster. I bought the premium, played for about 47 hours according to Origin, then decided that its online features and stats is too tedious for a busy young adult like me.

Aside from that I play:
Point of Existence, I heard it from the FH2 community that is predominantly German. Quite nice, but probably I haven't spent more than 20 hours on it, because of FH.

Project Reality, I might have played for more than 20 hours (because each game is tediously long). Started from 2007, when PR is still 1 MB mod. I scoured modDB for realism mod, and this is what I got. Enjoyed every second and aspect of it, except the music.

BF2 Pirates, a very fun mod, sadly riddled with bugs.

AIX, all out fun! Maybe I have spent more than 20 hours on it.

p.s. I am also Asian, I can vouch for that gaming prohibition. But after reaching 18, it no longer applies.

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 16-08-2014, 08:08:18 »
My list:
BF42 - Huge life changer for me. Always been big into history, this game put me in the shoes of someone serving in WWII. I loved it. (Another funny story, went to buy Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Store didn't have it. Bought BF42 instead. Rest is history)

FH1 - Even bigger life changer for me. The reasons I stated above for BF42 were amplified exponentially. I couldn't even look at vanilla BF42 anymore.

TASSER, your story of how you found BF42 is very similar to mine.

I had gone into the videogame store looking to buy the game "Secret Weapons Over Normandy," but they didn't have it.  I then saw this game called BF1942 on display and picked that up instead...I had read an article about the (then unreleased) Star Wars Battlefront in a PC Gamer magazine a couple of months earlier and they compared it to Battlefield 1942.  Since I was so eager for Battlefront and the sound of the combined arms and multiplayer, I decided to pick up BF1942 that day at the store.....best purchase game-wise (and probably in general) that I have ever made.

It sounds silly to say that a game could have a dramatic impact/influence on your life, but Battlefield 1942 and Forgotten Hope (and other mods) really did for me.

;D

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 16-08-2014, 10:08:45 »
Where is PoE2? I always enjoyed playing with modern german army equipment.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 16-08-2014, 10:08:51 »
Sorry I didn't know PoE2 existed.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 16-08-2014, 13:08:40 »
BF 1918 is also missing on the list. One of the best BF42 mods out there. Used to play it in a clan and I still get a warm fuzzy feeling when I´m thinking of 64 players fighting on a muddy, trench-covered battlefield with artillery strikes coming, planes roaring through the air and tanks crawling slowly towards the enemy positions.
BF42 had so many good mods (BFP, OPK, FH, BF1918, Sengoku etc. etc.), it´s a shame the modern Battlefield can´t compete with that.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
  • Professional accountancy hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 16-08-2014, 14:08:13 »
Now that i see that there's so much enthousiasm for BF1918: are there people here that would join a BF1918 event? I've been thinking of organizing one for a while, and if i get enough people from here, i can also try some other communities and maybe we can get enough people on a server for a decent game.
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 16-08-2014, 14:08:58 »
Singleplayer: BF1942, FH1, BG42, BF1918
Multiplayer: FH2 (considered BF2, but that would be barely like... 10 hours)

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 16-08-2014, 15:08:03 »
Tbh 1942 mods don't matter, you should congratulate yourself for having lived those experiences, my main question of interest on the poll was whether or not people bought BF2 just to play fh2.

3 for 1918

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 16-08-2014, 15:08:12 »
But in that case the poll makes no sense, since it doesn't tell you that. Many people bought BF2 for FH2, but then also played vanilla a bit, especially since 2.0 took a while to release. If you have a game, you might as well play it a bit.