Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 236638 times)

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #45 on: 11-06-2009, 13:06:13 »
I bet it´s made to work on consoles, so the player number will be low and I´m quite sure they go for some no-so-far-future theme with pimped up guns and stuff like in Host Recon Advanced Warfighter. A "Cold War gone hot"-scenario with 128 players would be awesome, but we´re talking about EA....
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #46 on: 11-06-2009, 13:06:49 »
Destructible environments have to be the most overrate gameplay elements ever.

(  ;) ) yeah I totally hate it when the fence on Bardia gets blown! And the wall is breached on Supercharge, major suckage!  ;D

I bet it´s made to work on consoles, so the player number will be low and I´m quite sure they go for some no-so-far-future theme with pimped up guns and stuff like in Host Recon Advanced Warfighter. A "Cold War gone hot"-scenario with 128 players would be awesome, but we´re talking about EA....

? Did you even look at the link, it's based in the Pacific 1943.  US vs IJN forces.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #47 on: 11-06-2009, 13:06:20 »
Have you guys not heard about the BFKorea mod? :P

http://bf-korea.de/

That mod is dead  :'(

Don't keep your expectations high until they list game features.

Or they make one of those shiny EA trailers  ::)
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 11-06-2009, 13:06:46 »

;) ) yeah I totally hate it when the fence on Bardia gets blown! And the wall is breached on Supercharge, major suckage!  ;D

Small things like the stuff in FH2 are good for gameplay.  When in moderation and specifically made to enhance the gameplay experience, its good.

Shooting 1,000,000 round straight down so you can bore a hole into the Earth's core: Not so great and not helpful to gameplay.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 11-06-2009, 13:06:07 »

? Did you even look at the link, it's based in the Pacific 1943.  US vs IJN forces.
Excuse me, but where does it say that?
The screen on the top is from the other Battlefield game "Battlefield 1943", not from BF3. Two different pairs of shoes AFAIK.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 11-06-2009, 13:06:54 »

(  ;) ) yeah I totally hate it when the fence on Bardia gets blown! And the wall is breached on Supercharge, major suckage!  ;D

If having destroyable stuff on a map means a major reduction in player numbers as in BFBC2 where they go down to 32p or less, then I don't give a rats as if you can blast a fence or not.

There is a good reason why FH2 has only few of those objects! More players more epic WW2 fun!
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #51 on: 11-06-2009, 13:06:52 »
Yeah guys, Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 1943 are both not Battlefield 3. Confirmed by the big boss of Battlefield.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Ltn.Charles

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 11-06-2009, 14:06:22 »
I say Vietnam era, Battlefield Vietnam was truly an awesome game, and i still play it!
Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning - Winston Chuchill after the British victory at El Alamein in 1942

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 11-06-2009, 14:06:33 »
I agree, I never got the chance to try BF Vietnam, but by far it looked like the best vanilla BF.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 11-06-2009, 15:06:22 »
Comes no surprise to anyone when I say I didnt enjoy BFV that much. It was fun for a moment but then I got bored with it.

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 11-06-2009, 15:06:26 »

Not if done properly, which no game has to this point afaik. We'll probably not see well made destructable enviroments for a good time into the future.
Problem is, with today's methods, destructable environments require to much manpower for a modification to make. Basically you'll need half the development team working on it. This is true for game studios aswell, but they can hire extra staff or outsource it.

Offline CBC

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 11-06-2009, 15:06:36 »
all I can say is "WOW"'

I really think that DICE has shifted their concentration to consoles, with games like Bad Company series and 1943.

Since they said Battlefield 3 and something about seriousness, hardcore and all that, I beleieve it's for PC only, because Bad Company and upcoming 1943 are no where near hardcore. Talking about the time the game takes place, there is almost no doubt about Modern Day (or at least the Cold War, it would be super awesome if it's the REAL WWIII, not some resource war in BF2)

What I really want in that games are the following:
1. Please, more player, 128 will be good.
2. enhance that squad/commander system, that's one of the biggest selling points of BF2, don't downgrade it to the cheesy Bad Company style!
3. ADD SUPPORT FOR NAVAL VESSELS!
4, Weapon customizations, more kit gadgets.
5. It's fine to keep the jets.. I suggest three types, Air Superioty Fighter (with different types of missiles), Fighter bombers (good against both air and ground, but doesn't dominate neither), and a CAS plane (heavy weaponary, low speed, vunerable to AA and enenmy jets),
6. Finally, more vehicle types. For the vanilla game, I think MBT, Medium Tank, IFV, APC, light and heavy transport should be there. For air, see #5, and for sea, real aircraft carriers, guided missle destroyer(maybe cruiser for US- ;D), PT boat, and some sort of landing craft. Helo wise, I would like to see a World in Conflict layout, Heavy Attack Helicopter (AH-64, Mi-24), Medium Attack Helicopter (AH-1, Mi-27), Scout Helicopter (AH-6), and transport helicopter..
7. One more thing, I would love to see more people in a vehicle, like in a black hawk, a full chalk of 12 men, 2 pilots, and 2 crew chiefs and the sweetest.

Offline Sir Apple

• game artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 11-06-2009, 15:06:51 »
I'd be looking forward to this game provided it doesn't look stupid like the battlefields after 2142 do.

Yeah... thats pretty much it - they look stupid.

Offline Von Tiger

• FH-Betatester
  • 11PzG
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 11-06-2009, 16:06:07 »
Maybe some allies for USA (it surely will be in). British, Israel?

Offline Tiny

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 11-06-2009, 16:06:23 »
Time will tell...

Hopefully they will get the hitbox working this time around as well.