Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 236438 times)

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #195 on: 05-02-2011, 10:02:54 »
I still don´t get why the soldier is glowin orange. Burning flare? Activated flashlight with an orange filter?  ???

Really too bad you have to preorder the limited edition, especially since not much of the gameplay has been shown yet. If I´m honest I wasn´t too happy with BF2 gameplay (defi spam, voice spam, 1 million bullets needed to kill an enemy, xp and rank whoring etc.) and it couldn´t satisfy me for long. Nowadays I mainly play BF2 mods, such as FH and PR because they´re atleast IMO better than the main game, so unless DICE won´t confirm modding tools or work on the points that annoyed me in BF2 I probably won´t buy BF3.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #196 on: 05-02-2011, 11:02:02 »
I still don´t get why the soldier is glowin orange. Burning flare? Activated flashlight with an orange filter?  ???
It's so that the box art complies with the blue/orange divide (look it up) ;)

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 05-02-2011, 11:02:47 »
I don't get the fixation with 128 players some people have. Personally I find the vanilla BF gameplay is not suitable for 128 players, it's hard enough playing a good round with just 64 people. I'd rather have destructible terrain like in BC2 than 128 players.

Of course 128 players could be very interesting for mods where people generally have a different mindset but modding will probably not be possible for BF3.
"The wolves will come again."

Biiviz

« Reply #198 on: 05-02-2011, 12:02:54 »
I hope they keep Hardcore-mode from Bad Company 2. It's the only thing I ever play.

-Higher damage (or lower health ::))
-No 3D spotting
-No minimap spotting
-No HUD elements
-No crosshairs
-No kill-cam

And friendly fire: on, of course.
« Last Edit: 05-02-2011, 12:02:21 by Biiviz »

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 05-02-2011, 12:02:47 »
box art is so crappy, i can't expect the game to be better.
It reminds the meme about modern warfare games cover art :
You always have:
- a chopper
- a vehicules
- some soldier in the background
- a soldier walking/running on the front with some special effect like smoke or explosion.

I guess bf3 will be a bf2 with frostbite with some feature that already exist since decennies ...
Dice didn't even get the guts to go on with future warfare, they hit again in the modern warfare.

I'm sure bf2 will be well sold, but it will be just an other disappointment

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 05-02-2011, 15:02:42 »
Yeah, the box art sucks, so the game must be horrible. Future war? Did you miss BF2142? Didn't quite work out. You also forget that a lot of people never played with the Frostbite engine because they've never played the Bad Company spin-offs.

Sounds a bit like you have a shelf of abandoned FPS console games but that's not EA or DICE's fault ;)
« Last Edit: 05-02-2011, 15:02:31 by Gezoes »

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 05-02-2011, 15:02:24 »
I dont get why people are griping. Unless it changes its tune, it will be as it says on the box - and its bad form to add drastically different gameplay elements to a sequel. Dont blame the company, blame the generation of FPS we are in. Ironsights, medics, prone etc are kinda where we are currently. All the other things, stabilization, adjustable sniper scope etc are specific to realism games. Battlefield has always been a mainstream title. More realistic than COD 4 and its ilk, sure. But only just.

That said, I think there would have been room for some features such as picking up other weapons to replace a weapon of equal weight, making heavy infantry slower moving, tanks with insides and animated internal actions, and even gun jamming and some dud grenades and shells.

Would also love to see an advanced communication rose to support suppression/ flanking, hand signaling and perhaps whisper vs shout vs radio over, maybe even amputations.

All within allowable range. Generally though, its bad form to change things too much. Bad for the following.

Sure wish its the same characters from bad company in this one. Would make sense considering it being a little beyond modern warfare.

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 06-02-2011, 05:02:04 »
I don't get the fixation with 128 players some people have. Personally I find the vanilla BF gameplay is not suitable for 128 players, it's hard enough playing a good round with just 64 people. I'd rather have destructible terrain like in BC2 than 128 players.

Of course 128 players could be very interesting for mods where people generally have a different mindset but modding will probably not be possible for BF3.

128 players adds a whole new element to the game.. maybe vanilla it wouldnt make SUCH a difference but in mods yes.. it would.  even so that many players would be awesome. and for mod tools.. neither confirmed nor denied yet.. so i mean.. we will see it was said it was a possible chance a WHILE ago but who knows.. it would be great now wouldnt it?
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 06-02-2011, 05:02:13 »
You always have:
- a chopper
- a vehicules
- a soldier walking/running on the front with some special effect like smoke or explosion.

All FPS game cover's are the same. You have always a dude waving a gun in the front with something like explosions and vehicles blowing up.

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 06-02-2011, 05:02:30 »
You always have:
- a chopper
- a vehicules

All FPS game cover's are the same. You have always a dude waving a gun in the front with something like explosions and vehicles blowing up.

lol most people are not going to give a shit about the box art because they are going to buy an electronic copy.
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 06-02-2011, 05:02:32 »
lol most people are not going to give a shit about the box art because they are going to buy an electronic copy.

Besides judging a game for the cover is stupid. In the BF3 UK EA forums we had dudes saying since BF3 cover has that orange glow like in the BC2 cover then the game would be a console port with 32 players, no jets and prone. The next day, DICE made the announced of 64 players, prone and jets...some people are fucking morons.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 06-02-2011, 23:02:25 »
Mod Tools

Looks like DICE finally heard people calling for Mod Tools, and they would work on them after release.

I dont give a shit when they'll be released, a year or  two, but give us modtoolz!

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 07-02-2011, 00:02:43 »
Its a trap!

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #208 on: 07-02-2011, 00:02:37 »
15 months old thread?
CMP Gaming

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 07-02-2011, 00:02:05 »
15 months old thread?
So? BF3 still exists.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso